+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation help

Anonymous333

Nov 9, 2019
If visa is withdrawn or denied in another country such as Australia or New Zealand due to character issues such as misrepresentation, would this have any impact on Canadian PR process? Has anyone with visa rejections for character reasons in these countries successfully competed Canadian PR process?

MARSAIL

Jul 22, 2014
following
I had applied for UK visitor visa and got rejected
Does it have to be mentioned in EE?

Anonymous333

Nov 9, 2019
Yes all rejections from all countries go in the PR application. My question is does the reason for rejection such as misrepresentation in another country affect your outcome of the application n

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Yes. You always have to mention a refusal and you must always explain why the refusal occurred.

To fail to do so is misrepresentation and will get you banned from Canada.

Canada shares information with the UK, Australia, and New Zealand amongst other countries like the US and more. You will be caught. Especially if your initial denial was for misrepresentation.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Declaring a previous rejection will reduce the impact it has on your Canadian application but you can expect your application to be scrutinized.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
If visa is withdrawn or denied in another country such as Australia or New Zealand due to character issues such as misrepresentation, would this have any impact on Canadian PR process? Has anyone with visa rejections for character reasons in these countries successfully competed Canadian PR process?
Personally, it will not impact Canada PR but need to declare and also explain what happened via LOE.

Anonymous333

Nov 9, 2019
Declaring a previous rejection will reduce the impact it has on your Canadian application but you can expect your application to be scrutinized.
really? I thought declaring a rejection and especially due to misrepresentation could hamper? Could you please explain your viewpoint and if you have seen or heard of cases like this. Greatly appreciate any insight.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
really? I thought declaring a rejection and especially due to misrepresentation could hamper? Could you please explain your viewpoint and if you have seen or heard of cases like this. Greatly appreciate any insight.
Not declaring it is committing immigration fraud.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My question is not about declaring, of course I would, I am just worried about how the reason of visa refusal could impact my Canadian PR?
No. However, it may cause extra scrutiny of your Canadian app to make sure there is no misrepresentation.