+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misplaced request letter

bellbazaurs

Jan 31, 2020
Hi,

me and my wife (principal applicant) got invited to apply for PR July 2019, by the end of July we submitted all required documents meaning the answer regarding our application should have come in January.
As the date passed we inquired through webform and call service center about our application and we were told that there has been a request letter sent via mail in December but we never got it, from the call center agent we found out it was about biometrics.
We sent another inquiry through webform asking to resend the letter and extend the due dates associated with the letter as we never have received it.

Question is, why would they send request letter via mail when we applied online and have received all previous request letters via our account? Also there were no indication in the profile or anywhere about the letters existence.

Could it be ground for a refusal? Also has there been similar situations with anyone else?

I am kinda shocked and surprised because we never got any indication about the letter and probably never would have found out about it if we hadn't inquired about our application.

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks.

Last edited:

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Hi,

me and my wife (principal applicant) got invited to apply for PR July 2019, by the end of July we submitted all required documents meaning the answer regarding our application should have come in January.
As the date passed we inquired through webform and call service center about our application and we were told that there has been a request letter sent via mail in December but we never got it, from the call center agent we found out it was about biometrics.
We sent another inquiry through webform asking to resend the letter and extend the due dates associated with the letter as we never have received it.

Question is, why would they send request letter via mail when we applied online and have received all previous request letters via our account? Also there were no indication in the profile or anywhere about the letters existence.

Could it be ground for a refusal? Also has there been similar situations with anyone else?

I am kinda shocked and surprised because we never got any indication about the letter and probably never would have found out about it if we hadn't inquired about our application.

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks.
CIC never sends any letter via postal email. They are talking about email. Have you checked your spam folder for the letter? Have you checked your My CIC account for the letter?

bellbazaurs

Jan 31, 2020
CIC never sends any letter via postal email. They are talking about email. Have you checked your spam folder for the letter? Have you checked your My CIC account for the letter?
This is direct quote from e-mail we got back after submitting cse

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the/your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

You will find more information related to your enquiry in the letter that was mailed to you on December 00, 2019, at the following address:"

Address was correct, I contacted service center and they answer was "It makes no sense".