+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misplaced names on COPR and Visa

Momocha

Dec 3, 2013
Got my COPR & Visa 3 days ago.

Both visa and copr misplaced first name as Family name and middle, last name as given name. Should I return my visa and copr to CIC and wait about 6 months? Or should I try landed at the border with hope CBSA officer will fix misplaced name?

It seems CIC separate according to my full name on my Passport (First name, Middle name, Last name)

Any suggestion?

Momocha

Dec 3, 2013
Is it worth to send COPR and passport back? My concern is my work permit will expired in March 2014.

Senior, please help.

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Send an email to cic and ask them what you should do.

Momocha

Dec 3, 2013
This is a quote from Ashis Kumar:

Here is a big update for all people who get their given names printed as their surnames in their landing document / visa.
DO NOT SEND BACK YOUR PP because its a total waste of time and money.

As I mentioned in my earlier posts that I sent back my PP with a cover letter explaining them what was wrong.......Guess what....they returned it with no change and a letter that says....

"Dear Applicant,
Thank you for your enquiry regarding the appearance of your name in PRV and COPR document.
Our policy states that when a given name and surname are not specifically separated on the passport or if there is no surname, the full name must be entered as one name.
As a result, no changes were made to your documents.
"

I sent a case-specific enquiry to them before sending the documents and the reply was again a copy paste message that can also be read on their website. So case-specific enquiries are no different.

All in all it was a total waste of my time and money. But I hope this piece of information could help someone facing the same situation like me.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Yah, as i said, it does not matter, just go there and complete landing.

Momocha

Dec 3, 2013
QURAX and senior members that have same experience, please help,

I worry if I am landing with middle name as my first name It will be an issues in the future.

In my passport it shows full name as: John Arthur Smith (first, middle, last name) however, in my passport t did not specify last, first and middle name.

In my COPR and Visa it shows as:
Last /Family name: John
First name: Arthur Smith

Based on members experince and suggestion it will be no problem for landing process. However, my real concern it will affecting my existing SIN, OHIP, Driving License, updating employment record, Insurance card, bank account, etc.

My questions:
1. Should I return my COPR and Visa? Based on members experince CIC returned they COPR and visa without correction and will be a waste of time. My agent told me that VO may or may not change my name.
2.If I do the landing process, will VO able to solve this issue?

asadiya

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2011
Doc's Request.
September 2013
File Transfer...
February 2012
Med's Request
September 2013
Med's Done....
September 2013
Passport Req..
November 25
VISA ISSUED...
December 14 Alhamdullah Alhamdullah Alhamdullah yeeeeeeeeeees
hello momocha,
my husband got his visa and we are in the same situation. they misplaced his family name with first name on visa and COPR .
Did you land with the same visa, if yes how was your landing, if No then what did you to rectify it????
Please inform me about this as we are very frustrated, he got his visa after 3years....