+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minors with Student Visa to Pay Fees in Public School!

ahjawad

Nov 13, 2017
Hello,
We recently got work permit Visa and my minor kids got student visa.
I wanted to check if the kids can go to public schools like any other visa holders kids (NO Fees).
Or they have to pay the fees in Public schools?
Any idea where should i verify this.

Ahmed

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
I wanted to check if the kids can go to public schools like any other visa holders kids (NO Fees).

Ahmed
School is free although you still have to pay for little things like other Canadians and pay taxes so not really free.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Fees in-form of Indirect taxes are OK, but i heard that Schools will ask for a fees to be paid for kids with Student Visa status. I saw on PSDB site, The fees for international students is 13K per Annum. ( http://www.peelschools.org/international/register/Payment/Pages/default.aspx).
If parents don't have a work permit, study permit or PR the child must pay international fees to attend public school. Your children can attend public school because of your work permit.

Last edited:
Reactions: ahjawad

DanielEcu

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Quito, Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
Doc's Request.
VAC - Upfront
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2017
LANDED..........
Will be 05-07-2017
My 6 years old is going to public school and we are not paying any additional fees

SHIKHA_BETU

Oct 30, 2017
My 6 years old is going to public school and we are not paying any additional fees
Hello,
I m first trying alone for study visa.After that i will call my husband on open work permit.My two kids will also come with him.So if i want my children to study then no tution fee will be there .Pls confirm

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
I m first trying alone for study visa.After that i will call my husband on open work permit.My two kids will also come with him.So if i want my children to study then no tution fee will be there .Pls confirm
Yes if your family gets a visa to come with you to Canada if you get a student visa they will be able to study for free.

FYY

Feb 27, 2013
Hello,

Ahmed
Hi there!
I'm helping my friend who is coming to Canada with her family. Her case is like yours I believe: She obtained her student permit approval as well as for her 2 kids in elementary and kindergarten and the husband obtained a work permit. Do the minors need to pay for tuition like any other international student on a study permit? Since your post is dated December 2017, I'm hoping that you have the answer for me. Any help from you or other users will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there!
I'm helping my friend who is coming to Canada with her family. Her case is like yours I believe: She obtained her student permit approval as well as for her 2 kids in elementary and kindergarten and the husband obtained a work permit. Do the minors need to pay for tuition like any other international student on a study permit? Since your post is dated December 2017, I'm hoping that you have the answer for me. Any help from you or other users will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
They don't have to pay international fees.

FYY

Feb 27, 2013
Hello All,
Can someone kind assist me in answering my question: The minor has a student permit. The mother also has a student permit while the father has a work permit. Does the minor need to pay for tuition as International studentÉ. The interested family is concerned about the fees.
Thank you!