+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minor who lost PR status because of parent's decisions.

PrincessLuna

Jan 3, 2013
Leon said:
If your mother is Spanish, do you have Spanish citizenship through her? If you do, you can move to any country in the EU without a problem, that is if your plan to return to Canada doesn't work out.
Yes I do not have Spanish Citizenship but can easily apply for one. However Spanish law is such that it allows dual citizenship but for citizens born outside Spain, they must renounce any other citizenship they have before they become a Spanish citizen. While I do not want to stay in my current country, for personal reasons I cannot lose its citizenship just yet.

PrincessLuna

Jan 3, 2013
In case, I did this process right now when I am 17, would it be possible, the PR Travel document for only asks for parent's signature for 16 and below.

Would they allow be to travel to Canada alone with consent from one parent only.

Also on arriving in Canada can I enroll in high school final year?

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
PrincessLuna said:
In case, I did this process right now when I am 17, would it be possible, the PR Travel document for only asks for parent's signature for 16 and below.

Would they allow be to travel to Canada alone with consent from one parent only.

Also on arriving in Canada can I enroll in high school final year?
Even if you applyed now, the chances of them processing it so soon is unlikely. Your better of finishing high school in your country of residence and starting the process after that so that if you are accepted, you can join university directly.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is also a question if they will approve a travel document for a minor who is going to Canada alone. You do not have a guardian in Canada I suppose. Who will take care of you?

International students who go to Canada must have a guardian appointed if they are underage.

Just wait until you are 18, apply then.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PrincessLuna said:
Yes I do not have Spanish Citizenship but can easily apply for one. However Spanish law is such that it allows dual citizenship but for citizens born outside Spain, they must renounce any other citizenship they have before they become a Spanish citizen. While I do not want to stay in my current country, for personal reasons I cannot lose its citizenship just yet.
Does this still apply if citizenship is acquired when a minor...most countries with such limitations as above usually give the citizen a time to decide which citizenship to keep e.g by age 21.

PrincessLuna

Jan 3, 2013
I am about to go through with the process. Does anyone have advice on evidence documents I should provide for the H&C grounds in case I miss something and what points I should mention?

Thanks.

Ayham Ahouban

Sep 8, 2012
I have the same case, they refused my travel document and gave me instructions to appeal at the IAD immigration appeal division, now i am 24 just graduated and want to get back to continue my post graduate studies find a job and live in Canada, I was removed by my parents in 2005, do n't know what to do now do I need to hire a lawyer!? or just send my file to the IAD in 60 days ? :-[

Ayham Chouban
ayhamchouban@hotmail.com

PrincessLuna

Jan 3, 2013
Ayham Ahouban said:
I have the same case, they refused my travel document and gave me instructions to appeal at the IAD immigration appeal division, now i am 24 just graduated and want to get back to continue my post graduate studies find a job and live in Canada, I was removed by my parents in 2005, do n't know what to do now do I need to hire a lawyer!? or just send my file to the IAD in 60 days ? :-[

Ayham Chouban
ayhamchouban @ hotmail.com
I'd suggest, appealing to IAD. Could you please let me know how long it took them to respond to your Travel document application?

Ayham Ahouban

Sep 8, 2012
it took about a month
actually I do n't know how to make the appeal it cost too much for me to pay the fee for a lawyer I have just graduated and just want to get back

PrincessLuna

Jan 3, 2013
Update:

I successfully got the TD from Spain (French embassy). I'm now living in BC since last week ;D ! Its great here. Had issues settling at first but I've got a decent place to stay now and will go to university later this year.

Thanks to everyone who helped. Can't believe this actually worked.

amr95

Jul 31, 2012
PrincessLuna said:
Update:

I successfully got the TD from Spain (French embassy). I'm now living in BC since last week ;D ! Its great here. Had issues settling at first but I've got a decent place to stay now and will go to university later this year.

Thanks to everyone who helped. Can't believe this actually worked.

Hey PrincessLuna

Congratulations on your TD ! That's great to hear :)

If you don't mind can you give an insight of what sort of questions they asked you in the process ? How did the officers react to your situation and did they ask for many documents?

I'm about to go through a similar process.

Good luck in university.

gacr

Feb 28, 2013
Congratulations Luna! May I know if they approved your application just because you're a minor removed from Canada without your consent or was it more due to the abuse you received in your last country? Also, I'm wondering how you succeeded as a minor applying on your own. I heard that they don't like minors traveling alone... so I assume your mother has endorsed your application and you have a guardian in BC. Is this the case?

PrincessLuna

Jan 3, 2013
No issues or questions asked at the airport just said that I did not have a PR card and got a TD on H&C grounds.

I got the TD due to being removed as a minor. Did not mention anything about abuse in my application as I was safely with my Mum in Spain.

gacr

Feb 28, 2013
Thanks for the quick response Luna. You're so lucky to have succeeded just with one try. I suppose the fact that you applied alone helped (and your mother didn't apply together with you). If you'd applied with your mother (assuming she wants to go to Canada, too), both of you might have been rejected. But what about parental permission for your travel? The embassy must have asked for your mother's permission to allow you to travel alone to Canada, right?