+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minor Study Permit

HoppieTorc

May 10, 2021
Hi, I have a question. Does somebody experience applying for your minor sibling's study permit?

My brother is 15 and we are applying for his study permit. I have few questions.
1. Does he need to do upfront medical prior to submitting the application?
2. He will enroll in a public high school, what are the requirements for the study permit?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I have a question. Does somebody experience applying for your minor sibling's study permit?

My brother is 15 and we are applying for his study permit. I have few questions.
1. Does he need to do upfront medical prior to submitting the application?
2. He will enroll in a public high school, what are the requirements for the study permit?
1. See instructions here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/apply.html
2. You need to find a school that is willing to accept him as an international student. You or his parents will need to demonstrate you have a bank balance of at least $25,000 to cover 1 year of tuition and living expenses. Someone who lives in Canada (assuming that's you?) will need to agree to act as his custodian. See further information here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html

HoppieTorc

May 10, 2021
Hi. There is already a secondary school for him. It is secondary and tuition fee is fully paid prior to submitting the application. As minor, does he need to take ielts? I will be his custodian here and papers are already notarized.

dtny

Oct 15, 2016
Hi, I am also in the process of applying for my sister who is a minor as well. Have you submitted your brother's application yet?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As minor, does he need to take ielts? I will be his custodian here and papers are already notarized.
The school has to inform you about its requirements for English. Visa office does not care.
It looks like he will be assessed at school (English and Math) and judging by the results will be placed into a proper grade.

About medical exam first of all you should look at www.cic.gc.ca. If there is no clarity about minors- call Canada Immigration and ask them.

Last edited:

dtny

Oct 15, 2016
No not yet. It takes a while to get a medical examination date in my country so my sister won't be doing upfront medical

ravidgohil@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2017
I am in the similar situation - please advise how did it go for you?
What do you include for Financial proof?
Do they need medical examination?
IELTS?
Any other special requirements?

TIA