+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minor Children Citizenship Eligibility

MKZT

Jun 5, 2014
Hello All

I need urgent information regarding the canadian citizenship eligibility of my minor children ;my question is this

Me ,my wife along with two children came here as a landed immigrants in June 2014 .My wife and minor children stayed here only 13 months and went back.Now I have completed 1095 days ,can I include my minors in my citizenship application or not???plzz advise

Thanks in advance.

amar_scorpio

Mar 11, 2017
Hello All

I need urgent information regarding the canadian citizenship eligibility of my minor children ;my question is this

Me ,my wife along with two children came here as a landed immigrants in June 2014 .My wife and minor children stayed here only 13 months and went back.Now I have completed 1095 days ,can I include my minors in my citizenship application or not???plzz advise

Thanks in advance.
Hi ,

I am in same boat, My daughter was born outside Canada while I was PR. She still have valid PR card fro 2026 but she is staying in India and I want to apply for her citizenship along with me in June while she is in India only and me in Canada. Di you got you application cleared for your minors for kids.

Appreciate you help .

Thanks
Amar

hruday02

Jan 10, 2023
Hi ,

I am in same boat, My daughter was born outside Canada while I was PR. She still have valid PR card fro 2026 but she is staying in India and I want to apply for her citizenship along with me in June while she is in India only and me in Canada. Di you got you application cleared for your minors for kids.

Appreciate you help .

Thanks
Amar
To be eligible for Canadian citizenship under subsection 5(2), you, the minor:

• must be under 18 years of age on the day you sign the application;
  • must be a permanent resident (landed immigrant) of Canada;
  • must have at least one parent (includes legally adoptive parent) who is a Canadian citizen or who will become a citizen at the same time as you (applying together as a family);
  • can’t have any unfulfilled conditions relating to their permanent resident status
  • can’t be under a removal order (asked by Canadian officials to leave Canada);
  • can’t be inadmissible or prohibited on criminal or security grounds.