+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minor child study permit rejected

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There isn't enough space in the box where they ask you to explain when you've had to tick 1. have you ever been refused a visa, 2. have you ever been asked to leave Canada. For my poor son, both of these are true now.
Yes, of course, you can write a Letter of Explanation and attach it to you online application. Explain everything , they appreciate TRUTH and sincerity.

Nheid

Dec 1, 2022
Hello Regina,

I have a same issue. I am here as a student and apply TRV for my minor child. he is rejected. Now I am going to apply for SP. But the school do nt give me a admission letter, they told me as long as I am here as student and have study permit my child can come and study free.

What do you recommend? Can I apply without admission letter?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Regina,

I have a same issue. I am here as a student and apply TRV for my minor child. he is rejected. Now I am going to apply for SP. But the school do nt give me a admission letter, they told me as long as I am here as student and have study permit my child can come and study free.

What do you recommend? Can I apply without admission letter?
Your child or children do not need an admission letter to apply. When does your permit expire?

Nheid

Dec 1, 2022
So apply for a study permit. You don’t need admission.
Since their father has a valid vissitor visa, and my children visa rejected twise, what can I do to avoid rejection? Should I pprovide all mu ties to my country again?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Since their father has a valid vissitor visa, and my children visa rejected twise, what can I do to avoid rejection? Should I pprovide all mu ties to my country again?
How old is the child? What were reasons for rejection? If ties then, you and your spouse were approved because child would stay behind. Make sure you show funds for the number of people in your family to support your child and spouse since he cannot work.

Nheid

Dec 1, 2022
How old is the child? What were reasons for rejection? If ties then, you and your spouse were approved because child would stay behind. Make sure you show funds for the number of people in your family to support your child and spouse since he cannot work.
They are 11 and 9 years old. My husband has a visa since 2019. And I received SP in 2022.Yes, they rejected because of family ties and purpose of visit.
I consider 36,000 canadian dollar in my bank account. However, I am fully funded student.
Also, my hasband consider fund in his account as supporter around 10,000 canadian. Is it enough?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They are 11 and 9 years old. My husband has a visa since 2019. And I received SP in 2022.Yes, they rejected because of family ties and purpose of visit.
I consider 36,000 canadian dollar in my bank account. However, I am fully funded student.
Also, my hasband consider fund in his account as supporter around 10,000 canadian. Is it enough?
All you can do is try. If rejected it is because both parents have visas so no reason for children to return.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you living fees also covered by the school? How long is your program? Have you started studying? Your spouse wasn’t awarded a TRV based on your studies and should really be applying for an OWP at the same time as your children are applying for a study permit. If he doesn’t apply now for an OWP it will take many months to get an OWP while in Canada. Permits and Visas aren’t guaranteed for families of internayional students. It is dependent on each family’s situation from finances to country of citizenship.

For study permit for your children I would just specify that they will be attending the local school.

Nheid

Dec 1, 2022
Are you living fees also covered by the school? How long is your program? Have you started studying? Your spouse wasn’t awarded a TRV based on your studies and should really be applying for an OWP at the same time as your children are applying for a study permit. If he doesn’t apply now for an OWP it will take many months to get an OWP while in Canada. Permits and Visas aren’t guaranteed for families of internayional students. It is dependent on each family’s situation from finances to country of citizenship.

For study permit for your children I would just specify that they will be attending the local school.
Hi,
Yes, my living expenses cover by my fund and my studies will be for four years. I started my studied on Sep.
I just addressed my near public school for my children in their form.
I am afaraid if apply together, they are reject again.