Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
Hi Folks,
I recently submitted my Canadian Citizens family application in May 2018. Though I have attached my wife and my Physical calculator form as per the checklist I have not attached for my 3 kids who are less than 12 years of age. Is the application deemed to be incomplete? kindly please clarify.
thanks.

Reactions: vvca

vvca

Mar 3, 2016
Friends any latest updates on this topic?

I am planning to move to Canada but my kid won't be able to join me though we are all holding PR status. She'll be outside Canada. I am wondering if I try to apply for citizenship after meeting requirements can I also include my child (under 18) with my application though she would still be living outside Canada holding her PR status. She did visit Canada or land in Canada for 3 days. I think by the time I apply her initial 5 year on the PR card would expire. Which I believe would not invalidate her PR status.

Appreciate your inputs..

MKZT

Jun 5, 2014
Hello All

I need urgent information regarding the canadian citizenship eligibility of my minor children ;my question is this

Me ,my wife along with two children came here as a landed immigrants in June 2014 .My wife and minor children stayed here only 13 months and went back.Now I have completed 1095 days ,can I include my minors in my citizenship application or not???plzz advise

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All

I need urgent information regarding the canadian citizenship eligibility of my minor children ;my question is this

Me ,my wife along with two children came here as a landed immigrants in June 2014 .My wife and minor children stayed here only 13 months and went back.Now I have completed 1095 days ,can I include my minors in my citizenship application or not???plzz advise

Thanks in advance.
No - you cannot. See:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0003-application-canadian-citizenship-minors-under-18-years.html

Minor children must not:
  • be subject to any prohibition under the Citizenship Act (see section 11 of the application form CIT 0003); and/or
  • have any unfulfilled conditions relating to their permanent resident status; and/or
  • be under a removal order (asked by Canadian officials to leave Canada).

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello All

Thanks in advance.
It seems that you can first become canadian and then apply for them to avoid children's residency requirement.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/minors.html

No - you cannot. See:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0003-application-canadian-citizenship-minors-under-18-years.html

Minor children must not:
  • be subject to any prohibition under the Citizenship Act (see section 11 of the application form CIT 0003); and/or
  • have any unfulfilled conditions relating to their permanent resident status; and/or
  • be under a removal order (asked by Canadian officials to leave Canada).
Thanks.
I too was under the assumption that i can apply for my son too along with me next year but it looks like i will have to apply separately(and my son's application will have to go with my wife's application after both complete the residency)....

Kumarjit

Oct 1, 2017
Hi All

Below Link clearly says that 3 out of 5 years are not required for Minor applying with Parents but it is not mentioning anything about 2 out of 5 years stay which is PR RO....can't be like that Minor stayed just 2.5 years and applying with parents....means meeting 2 out of 5 years But NOT 3 out of 5 Years.

I would take attorney's help to understand it in more details.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/minors.html

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
Hi All

Below Link clearly says that 3 out of 5 years are not required for Minor applying with Parents but it is not mentioning anything about 2 out of 5 years stay which is PR RO....can't be like that Minor stayed just 2.5 years and applying with parents....means meeting 2 out of 5 years But NOT 3 out of 5 Years.

I would take attorney's help to understand it in more details.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility.html
The physical residency requirement for adults is 3 out of 5 years (365 days x 3 years = 1095 days); whoever told you that it is only 2 years is lying and/or incompetent.

If you want an attorney to answer these questions for you, then feel free to find and consult (and probably pay) with one.

Kumarjit

Oct 1, 2017
Dear Hawk39

I guess you didn't understand what I am trying to say......Let me reiterate....Minor don't need to fulfill the condition to be present 3 out of 5 years which is Citizenship application condition....but they are meeting PR RO which is 2 out of 5 years. In other words they fulfilling their maintaining PR condition but not citizenship condition.

Attorney definitely will charge for this but worth mind peace and risking status later, if something miss interpreted here and problematic later...it will turn into a big loss.

Thanks

Reactions: k300k3

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Dear Hawk39

I guess you didn't understand what I am trying to say......Let me reiterate....Minor don't need to fulfill the condition to be present 3 out of 5 years which is Citizenship application condition....but they are meeting PR RO which is 2 out of 5 years. In other words they fulfilling their maintaining PR condition but not citizenship condition.

Attorney definitely will charge for this but worth mind peace and risking status later, if something miss interpreted here and problematic later...it will turn into a big loss.

Thanks
That was what I was told when i called the CIC call centre . I contacted CIC call center, lawyer, and even asked the officer about this at my citizenship interview. I was going to include my minor daughter in my application as well . But I could not because my daughter did not live in Canada for 2 years out of 5 years .

Kumarjit

Oct 1, 2017
but we have one member here who claimed this......can he elaborate more on his situation pls

If you and your son are Permanent Residents, and if you meet the eligibility requirements for citizenship, then you can include your son in the application.

My daughter who is a minor arrived in Canada as a permanent resident in June 2017. I included her in my application for citizenship around September 2017. We became Canadian Citizens in March 26, 2018. My daughter has only been in Canada as a permanent resident for less than a year and now she’s a Canadian Citizen. So based on my experiences, your minor child does not need to meet the physical presence requirements as long as she’s already a permanent resident at the time you apply for citizenship.

Kumarjit

Oct 1, 2017
If you and your son are Permanent Residents, and if you meet the eligibility requirements for citizenship, then you can include your son in the application.

My daughter who is a minor arrived in Canada as a permanent resident in June 2017. I included her in my application for citizenship around September 2017. We became Canadian Citizens in March 26, 2018. My daughter has only been in Canada as a permanent resident for less than a year and now she’s a Canadian Citizen. So based on my experiences, your minor child does not need to meet the physical presence requirements as long as she’s already a permanent resident at the time you apply for citizenship.
Can you please provide us more details....or it would be great if you can share your personal contact.

Djs_devoo

Jan 31, 2018

As per the canada.ca site below 14 yr old with Canada PR need not to take Citizenship Oath.
Does that mean we can apply along with Parent application & just parent can take the Oath ? And child (< 14 yr having P R)need not be physically present while taking the Oath along with Parent ?
Does minor child (having Canada PR & below 14) need to be physically present in Canada while taking Oath ?