File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As long as one has Valid PR card ...no problem in arriving at last minute .
That's not what canuck78 is referring to. If you have an H&C case in progress, spending most of your time outside of Canada on the 1 year PR card will likely work against you in the hearing.

Reactions: BOYX and Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I was out of Canada for 11 months as my family was in India and IRPA rules states that days spent in Canada after A44(1) report will not be counted for RO.
That isn't the intent of the IRPA. The fact that the days after an A44(1) report don't count, doesn't mean that one should ignore establishing ties to Canada. With A44(1) report, they have already established you don't meet RO, and by leaving the country for 11 months, you have indicated your ties to Canada aren't particularly strong.

You would need to apply for a new PR card. IRCC won't send a new one unless you request it.

SamSh

Jun 27, 2019
Hey.
Can i get an update on your case? I’m in a similar situation and would like to know the timeline
1) How long after you received pr renewal refusal letter did you get a letter asking you to collect your 1 yr pr?

2) when did the minister’s delegate contact you? And what was the decision? Did you appeal?

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
Hey.
Can i get an update on your case? I’m in a similar situation and would like to know the timeline
1) How long after you received pr renewal refusal letter did you get a letter asking you to collect your 1 yr pr?

2) when did the minister’s delegate contact you? And what was the decision? Did you appeal?
Within a month I got a letter asking me to collect 1 yr PR Card

Minister Delegate did not contact me till now.

It's been 2 yrs since I got the refusal letter and a44(1) report sent to the minister Delegate.

SamSh

Jun 27, 2019
Within a month I got a letter asking me to collect 1 yr PR Card

Minister Delegate did not contact me till now.

It's been 2 yrs since I got the refusal letter and a44(1) report sent to the minister Delegate.

Thank you for your reply. Have you gotten your 1 yr PR card renewed yet? Are you in Canada or outside?
if you have gotten it renewed, may i know the procedure please?

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
Thank you for your reply. Have you gotten your 1 yr PR card renewed yet? Are you in Canada or outside?
if you have gotten it renewed, may i know the procedure please?
I got 1 yr PR in 2017....I renewed in 2018 and again I got 1 yr PR card...now I sent application for renewal...it yet to be reached ircc

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
Dear Members.

I have applied for renewal of my PR card for myself and my family on humanitarian grounds.

I got a letter from CiC stating that the officer isn't satisfied with my personal circumstances that justify the retention of permanent status.

He further stated that he has prepared a inadmissibility report and referred for review to a Minister's Delegate, who may be in contact with me regarding an interview.

Later I received a letter asking me to pick 1 year PR card from Etobicoke office.

For my wife and kids the Visa officer has afford an opportunity to attend interview. As they are in home country they are advised to apply for PRTD and once they get the PRTD they need to inform the office about their availability in Canada for interview. They haven't mentioned any time limit for the interview.

Now I am in my Home country in India. I applied for PRTD for my wife and kids and want to return to Canada along with my family.

The minister delegate has not contacted me till now.

Do anyone has the idea when the Minister's Delegate will contact ? I picked the PR card on Sep 07. ..and How will they contact? Through email ? Mail? Or Phone?

Also would like to know will my children get admission into school once they come to Canada on PRTD ?

Thank You
do you have any updates?

SamSh

Jun 27, 2019
What process did you go through with the 1 yr pr card renewal. The same as a normal pr card renewal? How many months before your expiry did you apply? And have you been staying in canada all this time?

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
Hey.

I applied for PR card renewal in 2017....as I dint fulfil my pr obligation ( I stayed only 1 yr out of 5 yrs) I was give a44 report and was told minister delegate will contact me. I was issued Pr card of 1 yr validity.
I went to India with that pr card as my family was in India . I stayed there almost 1 yr and before few days expiry of my 1 pr card I came back in 2018. I applied for PR renewal again and again I was issued 1 yr PR card.
I am in Canada since 2018.
Now I have completed 730 days in Canada from 2017 so I applied again for renewal of pr card and hoping they may issue 5 yr card. Application still in process

Till date no one from minister delegate has contact me

SamSh

Jun 27, 2019
Thank you for your detailed reply. I’m in the same boat as you were in 2017.
My 1 yr card expires in july. When should i apply for renewal?
And did they send you the card by mail or ask to pick up? How long did it take for you ti get the card after you sent the application?

I applied for PR card renewal in 2017....as I dint fulfil my pr obligation ( I stayed only 1 yr out of 5 yrs) I was give a44 report and was told minister delegate will contact me. I was issued Pr card of 1 yr validity.
I went to India with that pr card as my family was in India . I stayed there almost 1 yr and before few days expiry of my 1 pr card I came back in 2018. I applied for PR renewal again and again I was issued 1 yr PR card.
Now I have completed 730 days in Canada from 2017 so I applied again for renewal of pr card and hoping they may issue 5 yr card. Application still in process

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You don’t qualify for PR renewal after being in Canada for 730 days given your current status. Did you attempt to contact the minister’s delegate. Your H&C case hasn’t been resolved from 2017. Where is your family?

Reactions: BOYX and Buletruck