waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
EasyRider said:
"Bad apples" are just statistical facts of life everywhere on this planet, they apply for citizenship in every other country as well, but those countries don't have such things as RQ, pathetic delays and never-stopping obsession with "those applying for citizenship of convenience". They somehow figured procedures by this century and content with them.
Yeah but most here would not like those "procedures". Like eliminating "jus soli" (citizenship by birth in a country) or making it hard for anyone who does not have ethnic ties to the country or at least one parent who is a citizen. This eliminates many potential applicants.

When compared to other developed countries, Canada is quite generous in regards to immigration and citizenship...

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keesio said:
Yeah but most here would not like those "procedures". Like eliminating "jus soli" (citizenship by birth in a country) or making it hard for anyone who does not have ethnic ties to the country or at least one parent who is a citizen. This eliminates many potential applicants.

When compared to other developed countries, Canada is quite generous in regards to immigration and citizenship...
With "procedures" I meant a no-nonsense and timely way to process applications for naturalization. Elimination of "jus soli" is a different issue.

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
I agree with you Keesio.

I am just frustrated with the process of getting citizenship application approved. Overall I admire Canada for being open for immigration unlike US and other developed countries.