+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minister Chris Alexander said that the RQ processing will reduced to 2 years

kenzhang

Dec 30, 2012
Chris Alexander said in this interview that RQ processing time stop to grow the fall of 2013 and start to reduce to 2 years in 2014, and even shorter in 2015, don't know if what he mean is truthful or not
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWlU34zrlFw

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
We will find out. Probably come 2015, the conservatives will try to woo immigrant vote and will try to reduce the RQ time

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anyone who got their citizenship after these peoples' bureaucratic ordeal needs to think twice before they vote for them. anyone who gets their citizenship after these wimps' dramatic epiphany should only do the right thing, which is to kick their lazy, xenophobic butts out of office.

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanuckForEver said:
anyone who got their citizenship after these peoples' bureaucratic ordeal needs to think twice before they vote for them. anyone who gets their citizenship after these wimps' dramatic epiphany should only do the right thing, which is to kick their lazy, xenophobic butts out of office.
Amen to that !!

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Dejaavu said:
Non routine applications (includes RQ) are 35 months according to the CIC website.
It also says 25 months for a routine application. I know people who weren't even called for the test at 26 months.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanuckForEver said:
There are some fast processing times in Ontario especially the GTA right now with this forum seeing timelines of 7-10 months in Windsor, Kitchener, Glen Erin etc. Its a coincidence isn't it that this is the vote rich area that got the current government the majority they have. Do you think these 'fast processed' citizens will remember the pain of others come vote time? Or will they buy into the other things the government is trying to focus on such as tougher on crime, getting us cheaper cable, wireless, extending EI periods etc? What would you do if you got processed fast? Would you be like well I'm going to vote for the other guys because they will get others citizenship faster or will you appreciate your good fortune and vote for those who made your Canadian Dream come true...its a hard call eh!

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
it leaves a dirty colonial after taste in the mouth when you feel like they are just using u ....and being super nice when they need you... the respect is sorta gone....like all they care about is just $$$. $$$ @ any cost..... Makes you feel dirty and used ! and makes them look spineless...jst people trying to survive...

this bill when it is introduced will raise a lot of questions and take its time...and perhaps another party will win in the elections.... Isnt there also the question of whether Parliament will be dismissed to have early elections..... and all this Duffy scandal and all that stuff has also affected credibility big time of this party...

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
links18 said:
It also says 25 months for a routine application. I know people who weren't even called for the test at 26 months.
True! I believe I will be one of those "Routine Applicant" soon.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
There are some fast processing times in Ontario especially the GTA right now with this forum seeing timelines of 7-10 months in Windsor, Kitchener, Glen Erin etc. Its a coincidence isn't it that this is the vote rich area that got the current government the majority they have. Do you think these 'fast processed' citizens will remember the pain of others come vote time? Or will they buy into the other things the government is trying to focus on such as tougher on crime, getting us cheaper cable, wireless, extending EI periods etc? What would you do if you got processed fast? Would you be like well I'm going to vote for the other guys because they will get others citizenship faster or will you appreciate your good fortune and vote for those who made your Canadian Dream come true...its a hard call eh!
The GTA and Ontarians that become new citizens recently will have to know the truth. this is an effort to that end. more over there are only a bunch of ontarians that got their citizenship without any hassles, still 80% of Quebecers and at least 40% of Ontarians get into this RQ never ending cycle which is terrible. These people could be family, friends or acquaintances of the new citizens. More often than not, immigrants are connected one way or the other. I want to create an awareness so people will make a sound decision. Any ontarians who became new Canadian here in the forum? do you want to pitch in and say your thoughts?

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
Even if I get my citizenship in 7-8 months since I live in the GTA and my neighbors got their citizenship in 8 months, I will still vote NDP or Liberals because it is completely inhumane the way Conservative party treats citizenship applicants.

Because of few bad apples in the past, a lot of applicants have to go thru RQ, that is unfair.

Even if there is RQ it shouldn't take more than six months to process RQ and maximum one year for a routine application and that is still too long.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dejaavu said:
Because of few bad apples in the past, a lot of applicants have to go thru RQ, that is unfair.
It's not because of "bad apples", the government and CIC are 100% to blame for the lack of foresight and inability to handle situation decently. Everything was in their power.

"Bad apples" are just statistical facts of life everywhere on this planet, they apply for citizenship in every other country as well, but those countries don't have such things as RQ, pathetic delays and never-stopping obsession with "those applying for citizenship of convenience". They somehow figured procedures by this century and content with them.

It's like because there are crimes committed on the streets, there should be 12-hr curfew to crack on that. Or because people die on the roads, cars can be only driven on one day of a week to address that. Neither this, nor RQ "solution" make sense. Completely over the top, brazen solutions.

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
I agree with you EasyRider.

It is frustrating to me that I immigrated Canada at the same time as my friend to US and my friend got his citizenship processed in less than 3 months.