+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minimum period of stay for PR holder to sponsor a supervisa for dependent parents ?

kaushikwavhal

Nov 11, 2016
Hi,

I am planning to immigrate to canada on basis of a PR (FSW). I would like to know what is the minimum period i will have to stay/work in canada before i can sponsor their supervisa application?
Provided that i have all the pre-requisites and enough financial proofs and parent's canadian medical insurances.

Also, theoretically, can a candidate who has just received a PR and a job offer of a good amount (well above the minimum salary requirement for super visa) can apply for a supervisa for his parents immediately using the job offer / employment letter as a proof of funds?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I am planning to immigrate to canada on basis of a PR (FSW). I would like to know what is the minimum period i will have to stay/work in canada before i can sponsor their supervisa application?
Provided that i have all the pre-requisites and enough financial proofs and parent's canadian medical insurances.

Also, theoretically, can a candidate who has just received a PR and a job offer of a good amount (well above the minimum salary requirement for super visa) can apply for a supervisa for his parents immediately using the job offer / employment letter as a proof of funds?
There's no minimum time that the host must wait for before applying. Instead, the host must be able to prove that s/he meets LICO. An offer of employment and a couple of pay stubs will not work for super visas for new immigrants. It is advisable to wait until you can include at least one recent NOA

Reactions: kaushikwavhal