File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
When I read online...there are pages that say there are no set income requirements to sponsor but then I read that there is. I am sponsoring my wife and her two dependent children. Will I have to meet certain income requirements for this?

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
When I read online...there are pages that say there are no set income requirements to sponsor but then I read that there is. I am sponsoring my wife and her two dependent children. Will I have to meet certain income requirements for this?
There is no income requirement to sponsor your wife. Cant put price tag on love. However, if you show $0, that might create problem. However, you need to show IRCC that you can support yourselves in Canada without welfare.

Goodluck !

IranianinSweden

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
You should really only read info like this on CIC website, as they are the ones who handle your sponsporship app. And according to their website it says "There is no low income cut-off (LICO) for spouse, partner or dependent child sponsorships, unless a dependent child also has one or more dependent children of their own. If a dependent child you are sponsoring has one or more dependent children of their own, you must include a Financial Evaluation (IMM 1283) form with your application (see your checklist for more details)."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/eligibility.html

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
You should really only read info like this on CIC website, as they are the ones who handle your sponsporship app. And according to their website it says "There is no low income cut-off (LICO) for spouse, partner or dependent child sponsorships, unless a dependent child also has one or more dependent children of their own. If a dependent child you are sponsoring has one or more dependent children of their own, you must include a Financial Evaluation (IMM 1283) form with your application (see your checklist for more details)."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/eligibility.html
It also says on their website that you must show proof of income for dependent children of the principal applicant so this is why I'm confused.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
There is no minimum income requirement. However, you need to show that you can support yourselves in Canada without welfare.