+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minimum funds required under Canadian Experience Class

Sid_2018

Aug 30, 2018
Hi All,

I'm pretty new in the process of obtaining PR for Canada, from India. I have left my Canadian job in 2017, and working in India at present. I'm still eligible for both CEC and FSW, as I have 12 months full-time work experience in Canada, within the last 3 years.
My questions are:

1. Is there a minimum requirement for Proof of Funds under CEC category?

2. CIC website says that PoF is to be submitted by all, FSW as well as CEC. If there are no minimum ceiling for CEC category, why do they ask for PoF anyway?

3. My Father has 2 FDs in bank, which he will transfer to my account during the PR process. How do I add this amount in my PoF?

Thanks

Sid_2018

Aug 30, 2018
That would be great :)
Thanks!
Also, I will be going with my wife.. so in that case the amount will go up, right?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I believe a minimum of $10,000 for CEC.
This is what my lawyer said. Let me check if I can find it somewhere.
Oh dear. Another incorrect lawyer.

There is no proof of funds requirement under the CEC class.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

"Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

cyrilcb11

Jul 30, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Oh dear. Another incorrect lawyer.

There is no proof of funds requirement under the CEC class.

"Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."
I was under the impression that it's only applicable if they have a present job in Canada to support themselves. But since he's back home and without a job offer, there's a slightly possible of CIC asking for proof of funds? Please tell me if i'm wrong.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I was under the impression that it's only applicable if they have a present job in Canada to support themselves. But since he's back home and without a job offer, there's a slightly possible of CIC asking for proof of funds? Please tell me if i'm wrong.
No, that is not correct. If he is invited to apply under CEC, regardless of where he currently lives, there is no POF requirement.

Reactions: mau123

jasmin-alladin

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Hello experts, I just wanna ask what do you mean by this posted in CIC news (please see link below). I became paranoid when I read the caption "candidates in the Canadian Experience Class who receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) through the Federal Skilled Worker Class must also prove they have the necessary funds." as I am also applying through CEC. I know that CEC applicants does not need to show POF but when I read this, I got confuse.

https://www.cicnews.com/2018/01/settlement-funds-can-make-or-break-your-application-for-permanent-residence-0110065.html#gs.SswVQGMn

Furthermore, while only Federal Skilled Worker and Federal Skilled Trades candidates are asked to confirm that they have access to the required funds when determining their eligibility for the Express Entry pool, candidates in the Canadian Experience Class who receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) through the Federal Skilled Worker Class must also prove they have the necessary funds.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello experts, I just wanna ask what do you mean by this posted in CIC news (please see link below). I became paranoid when I read the caption "candidates in the Canadian Experience Class who receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) through the Federal Skilled Worker Class must also prove they have the necessary funds." as I am also applying through CEC. I know that CEC applicants does not need to show POF but when I read this, I got confuse.

https://www.cicnews.com/2018/01/settlement-funds-can-make-or-break-your-application-for-permanent-residence-0110065.html#gs.SswVQGMn

Furthermore, while only Federal Skilled Worker and Federal Skilled Trades candidates are asked to confirm that they have access to the required funds when determining their eligibility for the Express Entry pool, candidates in the Canadian Experience Class who receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) through the Federal Skilled Worker Class must also prove they have the necessary funds.
Sorry, that makes absolutely no sense. If you are eligible for CEC, you will not get invited for FSW. If you are eligible for both, you will get an ITA for CEC by default.

Regardless of the class under which you are invited to apply, the system WILL ask you to upload proof of funds. If you apply under CEC Class, you can upload a letter of explanation instead:

jasmin-alladin

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Sorry, that makes absolutely no sense. If you are eligible for CEC, you will not get invited for FSW. If you are eligible for both, you will get an ITA for CEC by default.

Regardless of the class under which you are invited to apply, the system WILL ask you to upload proof of funds. If you apply under CEC Class, you can upload a letter of explanation instead:

Thanks jes_ON.

But why there is a clause in the news just this January 2019 saying that the:
Canadian Experience Class who receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) through the Federal Skilled Worker Class must also prove they have the necessary funds.

I read it in some other forum that they are both qualified for cec and fsw, and they got invited under fsw because they filled out the pof box with required funds.

But anyways, the point is, for CEC applicants..there is still no pof required. Can i just put 0 in pof box?thanks a lot!

tala101

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
My interpretation of the clause that you were worried about:

Canadian Experience Class who receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) through the Federal Skilled Worker Class must also prove they have the necessary funds.”

If you are qualified in CEC but was INVITED thru FSW, you are required to provide proof of funds and meet the required amount. BUT if you were invited thru CEC, meeting the amount is not required.

When I applied EE via CEC back in 2015 (when it was just launched) I think I put a small amount like $100 in the funds. I read some who put “0” in the funds and did not have any problems. Though I am not sure if there were any changes as it is already 2019. So hopefully someone who recently applied and got approved can share their experience.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thanks jes_ON.

But why there is a clause in the news just this January 2019 saying that the:
Canadian Experience Class who receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) through the Federal Skilled Worker Class must also prove they have the necessary funds.

That was 2018 and, just sometimes, blog writers get something wrong. : ) It is unusual for that particular website, tho, they are usually pretty reliable.

I read it in some other forum that they are both qualified for cec and fsw, and they got invited under fsw because they filled out the pof box with required funds.

That was true before the rule change that made CEC the default; that was a few years ago already. Now, no one who is eligible for both gets invited under FSW.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1294&top=29

Reactions: Rajk1991