+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Military record for visitor visa

Ankit003

Dec 11, 2019
Hi Folks !

I applied for my parent-in-laws` visitor visa in Sep 2023 but there has been no communication since the biometrics which was in Oct 2023. My FIL retired from the army decade back and MIL is a housewife.
1) Is IRCC asking for additional documents (military service record) for all military personnel - Active and retired ?
2) What is the average time for such visitor visa applications? Any one else with the same timelines approx.

Thanks !

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
Hi Folks !

I applied for my parent-in-laws` visitor visa in Sep 2023 but there has been no communication since the biometrics which was in Oct 2023. My FIL retired from the army decade back and MIL is a housewife.
1) Is IRCC asking for additional documents (military service record) for all military personnel - Active and retired ?
2) What is the average time for such visitor visa applications? Any one else with the same timelines approx.

Thanks !
1) Yes, IRCC will request an ADR for military personnel irrespective of their current status.
2) If you scroll back, one person who’d applied super visa for his parents in late December 2023 received it just1-2 days ago. So, fairly fast I’d say. Whilst some are waiting longer (> 6 months).

Ankit003

Dec 11, 2019
1) Yes, IRCC will request an ADR for military personnel irrespective of their current status.
2) If you scroll back, one person who’d applied super visa for his parents in late December 2023 received it just1-2 days ago. So, fairly fast I’d say. Whilst some are waiting longer (> 6 months).
Thanks @Pdm_ca ! Oh its already been 6 months for me and they still haven`t asked for any docs. So first they should reach out for docs and then more waiting ! Wow ! Is this treatment special for India or across countries. Curious question :)

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
Thanks @Pdm_ca ! Oh its already been 6 months for me and they still haven`t asked for any docs. So first they should reach out for docs and then more waiting ! Wow ! Is this treatment special for India or across countries. Curious question :)
Honestly, with IRCC can’t say if they will ask for docs but looks like majority of us did get the ADR. I don’t think country mattered in this request. Maybe you will get ADR soon or will pass w/o one! :) It’s the discretion of visa officer at the end of the day.
Also, apparently the general consensus is seeing faster movement if applied on new portal. Did you apply on old or new ?
Have you tried calling IRCC for an update since it’s been that long?

Ankit003

Dec 11, 2019
Honestly, with IRCC can’t say if they will ask for docs but looks like majority of us did get the ADR. I don’t think country mattered in this request. Maybe you will get ADR soon or will pass w/o one! :) It’s the discretion of visa officer at the end of the day.
Also, apparently the general consensus is seeing faster movement if applied on new portal. Did you apply on old or new ?
Have you tried calling IRCC for an update since it’s been that long?
Thanks again ! I applied on the IRCC portal not on GC Key. I raised the webform twice and called them up too. I believe they have put up an automated IVR on the call which asks to raise a webform ultimately. Do you have any number /ID where they reply or pick up the phone?

SunshineK

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa RROC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-03-2021
Med's Done....
30-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2021
LANDED..........
21-07-2021
So I believe response to your case is nearing.... There is no fixed timeline for BG checks, depends, how easily information can be verified. But our prayers, may you get a positive outcome soon. Typically ppl get response from between 5 months to 18 months (my assessment- I may be wrong), IRCC never says anything about that...
Hoping to hear back soon. It is more than a year now. @MoodyCanAda . I also think the average timeline you mentioned is correct!

mann20

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
No update. Still waiting. From where could we get some authentic information that where the application is stuck? Already tried web form, reached out MP, GCMS etc. All came back with general response.

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
Nothing can be done but wait. IRCC has to response with positive or negative decision some day. I personally feel Canada has one of the worst response ratios in the entire world list of visas. Even USA, Europe and Australia are better off and no unnecessary checks or time waste in this regards. My dad is a retired officer since 20 years and has active visas of all these countries but even then i dont know what are they processing! and then there is someone i am aware of who inspite of having military exposure received canadian visit visa in 1 months time.

mann20

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
Same here, my Dad also retired since 24 years and had multiple trips to Australia. Don't know what Canada is doing. Its very disappointing.

SunshineK

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa RROC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-03-2021
Med's Done....