+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Migration options for Child Care Educator?

TaiCat

May 11, 2017
Hello everyone

I have a question, if anyone would be able to help answer it...

I am a qualified Child Care Educator in Australia. I found that my qualification alone would be possible to transfer in most provinces for their equivalents, with some requiring extra 'bridging' studies, but I would probably look at those that give me the qualifications immediately (I think Alberta)

Problem is, I am a recent graduate with not much experience, I understand that in order to apply of the EOI towards PR I need 2 years of experience or provincial sponsorship.

I wanted to gain enough experience while in Australia, but possibly I won't be able to (I am not citizen/resident here), so I would like to know what options I would have for starting work in Canada so I can prepare myself towards future PR application in Canada?

How can I come to Canada with husband and daughter to have chance to look for employment and be able to work? can I arrive as a Tourist on ETA and after I found an employer, apply onshore for work visa? is that possible?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
How can I come to Canada with husband and daughter to have chance to look for employment and be able to work? can I arrive as a Tourist on ETA and after I found an employer, apply onshore for work visa? is that possible?
Theoretically, it's possible, but realistically, I don't think so.... Seniors here say there are too many teachers in Canada, but I'm not sure if it also applies to your specific category.

So, your other options are:
1. Work in Australia full-time for at least one continuous year and then apply for PR under FSW.
2. You might be able to qualify for IEC? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/index.asp?country=aus Use that work experience to apply for PR under CEC.
3. Get a study permit for a full-time program in Canada, get a post-graduate work permit, apply for PR under CEC, etc.