Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-12-2019
I saw the same article this morning and I was also confused. On the IRCC website it also says that Foreign nationals who are eligible to travel to Canada are "an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident who is staying in Canada for 15 days or more". By that I would say if there are flights available your spouse should be able to come.
Thank your for your reply that help a lot

Leon.S

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-12-2019
Usually they would need to show proof that the person they're joining is an immediate family member but that information is on the COPR so you don't need to worry. The only thing is that your husband would need to pay for 3 night hotel quarantine stopover. That needs to be paid in advance and he has to show proof.
Thank you for your reply, hotel is book

princess7880

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Has anyone submitted a writ of mandamus or thinking about submitting a writ? I have a lot of questions. Please PM me
Hi dear with the volcano eruption going on maybe you should write a letter informing them about this and life after the eruption going forward. Get your MP or MPP on this as well. Good luck

Reactions: Jupoleon

Stephen2021

Jan 26, 2021
Hello. Congrats. Spouse landing in a week or two. Can you tell me what was the experience like and what questions were asked. Thanks a million
Your spouse will need to have a PCR test within 72 hours before coming to Canada, you have to fill out the information on arriveCAN app and have the confirmation code as proof and book hotel for 3 days from government website; once you land your spouse will have to do another test upon arrival; the hotel food wasn’t the greatest, make sure you have movies and music to keep you entertained during hotel stay and book a room with microwave because the food is cold. Also just have on hand marriage certificate for proof of relationship. Good luck and best wishes :)

• Love

Stephen2021

Jan 26, 2021
Did you have to book a hotel? What was the experience to land for your wife?
Yes I had to book hotel for 3 days, the food wasn’t the greatest and I didn’t book room with microwave. It was all a smooth experience, she had a negative PCR test before flight, and filled out arriveCAN app and have the confirmation on hand; had to do another PCR test upon arrival then they gave her another kit to test herself after 10 days. She was frustrated coming to a new country and was locked away for 3 days at the hotel but finally is out and now just have to quarantine at home until 14 days is up.

Isha1980

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Hey guys
Would anyone able to help me regarding travel from Guyana to Canada. My husband got his PPR finally!! He book this flight, but I was reading on IRCC website that some foreign nations aren’t allow to travel to Canada? Does that apply to us? I am confused
My husband Is from Guyana too, when did you apply for your husband.

Leon.S

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-12-2019
My husband Is from Guyana too, when did you apply for your husband.
Oct 2019 you? I send them a email once per week . Keep bothering them.

Leon.S

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-12-2019
May 2019 waiting for interview in Port of Spain
Not worried it will happen soon in the grace of God this open the border. Trust the waiting game is hard very hard especially when you want to be with your spouse

Isha1980

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Not worried it will happen soon in the grace of God this open the border. Trust the waiting game is hard very hard especially when you want to be with your spouse
Yes it's is, I am guessing you didn't had to get an interview. Was your approve in Port of Spain or Mexico.

Stephen2021

Jan 26, 2021
Hey guys
Would anyone able to help me regarding travel from Guyana to Canada. My husband got his PPR finally!! He book this flight, but I was reading on IRCC website that some foreign nations aren’t allow to travel to Canada? Does that apply to us? I am confused
My wife came to Canada form Guyana last Friday, just you need to follow covid protocols, fill up the arriveCAN app, book 3 days at hotel and get your negative covid PCR test before boarding flight. Let me know if you have any other questions, best wishes :)

Leon.S

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-12-2019
My wife came to Canada form Guyana last Friday, just you need to follow covid protocols, fill up the arriveCAN app, book 3 days at hotel and get your negative covid PCR test before boarding flight. Let me know if you have any other questions, best wishes :)
Thank you

EmeraldEyes

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Calgary / Spouse in St. Vincent
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Nov 13, 2018
Doc's Request.
Aug 5, 2019
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2019
File Transfer...
June 14, 2019. Transferred to Trinidad from Mexico on Feb 22, 2021
Med's Request
Feb 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 2, 2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hi dear with the volcano eruption going on maybe you should write a letter informing them about this and life after the eruption going forward. Get your MP or MPP on this as well. Good luck
Thank you, I really appreciate your concern. This situation is so unimaginable. I feel like this is some awful nightmare. Does anyone know if immigration provides some sort of humanitarian exemptions for families in this situation? I honestly don't know if it will even matter. The airport is in the north part of the island, and who knows when flights will resume... sigh.. Scientists say the eruptions could go weeks or months. Being separated is hard enough, add to it the pandemic, and now this volcanic eruption. I feel so helpless, unable to be with my husband, to support him during this. I'm scared for his health and his ability to just get essentials like food and water. I don't know how this became our life.

• Sad

EmeraldEyes

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Calgary / Spouse in St. Vincent
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Nov 13, 2018
Doc's Request.
Aug 5, 2019
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2019
File Transfer...
June 14, 2019. Transferred to Trinidad from Mexico on Feb 22, 2021
Med's Request
Feb 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 2, 2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
Any updates with regards to your application.
No updates. Haven't received any confirmation from T&T that his app was received since it was sent Feb 22, 2021. Medical expired April 7 for a second time. No word as to whether it will be extended again. Murphy's law, now that my husbands island has been destroyed by the volcano, immigration will ask for a new medical. or will ask for an interview he cant get to.