+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

neg mawon

Aug 18, 2020
Sorry my mistake! They said the borders are closed until April 30th to the Caribbean and Mexico, but I haven't seen flights from AC until June. Hoping they don't extend that foolishness and they get rid of these hotel jails along with it.

You're in luck! I wrote out all my steps to help anyone in DR with their PPR

STEP ONE: Gather/Print documents
- Passport
- 2 photos based on the measurements
- PPR letter
- Receipt (if you paid the PR fee in advance), if not you must pay the fee and print receipt
- Consent form for the VAC office and sign it (only page 1 & 2 need to be signed if you did biometrics at the same VAC)
- On white paper write your eye colour, height, full name, mobile phone, email and postal address.
- Scotiabank receipt as proof of payment sealed in a white envelope

STEP TWO: Payments
- Go to Scotiabank and pay $1026.30 DOP to...
- Forma de pago de los servicios CSVC: Beneficiario de la cuenta bancaria: VFS Dominicana, SRL. Nombre del banco: Scotiabank. Tipo de cuenta: moneda local. Por depósito, solo en pesos dominicanos (DOP $). Número de cuenta: 70755000016592.
- Ask for a receipt and place it in a white envelope

STEP THREE: Send to VAC by courier
- Gather all your documents in step one and go to a local DomEx
- https://www.domex.do
- MAKE SURE TO ASK FOR A TRACKING NUMBER
- Send documents to :
Canada Visa Application Center.
Ave. John F. Kennedy esquina con Ave. Ortega Y Gasset Plaza Metropolitana, first floor, local 116 A-2.
Santo Domingo 10511. Distrito National, Dominican Republic.

DONE! Wait for email from the VAC confirming receipt of your passport!
Thank you so much !

Leon.S

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-12-2019
Hey guys
Would anyone able to help me regarding travel from Guyana to Canada. My husband got his PPR finally!! He book this flight, but I was reading on IRCC website that some foreign nations aren’t allow to travel to Canada? Does that apply to us? I am confused

Reactions: OnlyOne80

OnlyOne80

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Hey guys
Would anyone able to help me regarding travel from Guyana to Canada. My husband got his PPR finally!! He book this flight, but I was reading on IRCC website that some foreign nations aren’t allow to travel to Canada? Does that apply to us? I am confused
I saw the same article this morning and I was also confused. On the IRCC website it also says that Foreign nationals who are eligible to travel to Canada are "an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident who is staying in Canada for 15 days or more". By that I would say if there are flights available your spouse should be able to come.

Reactions: Leon.S

Lbunny388

Feb 19, 2021
I saw the same article this morning and I was also confused. On the IRCC website it also says that Foreign nationals who are eligible to travel to Canada are "an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident who is staying in Canada for 15 days or more". By that I would say if there are flights available your spouse should be able to come.
Usually they would need to show proof that the person they're joining is an immediate family member but that information is on the COPR so you don't need to worry. The only thing is that your husband would need to pay for 3 night hotel quarantine stopover. That needs to be paid in advance and he has to show proof.

Reactions: Leon.S