+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Jan 21, 2020
My husband is April 2019 applicant our file is still in Mexico.I have sent multiple of request my lawyer and also my Mp and still everytime they keep replying due covid.

Stange

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
My husband is April 2019 applicant our file is still in Mexico.I have sent multiple of request my lawyer and also my Mp and still everytime they keep replying due covid.
Keep the faith u will hear something soon just pray its not an interview, finger cross

lhr93

Feb 3, 2019
Hi everyone,
We got a pre-arrival letter! So happy to see movement!! Did anyone recently get PPR for an applicant from Brazil? I'm a little confused since many VAC offices are closed. Can anyone give me some insight? Thank you in advance! Here's our info:

PA: Brazilian, outland Sponsor: Canadian citizen
App Received: September 27th, 2019
AOR1: November 7th, 2019
SA Approval: November 13th, 2019
Bio Request: November 12th, 2019
Sent to Mexico VO: November 25th, 2019
Medical Requested: February 19th, 2021
Medical Passed: March 4th, 2021
March 8th I found out our application had been transferred to Sao Paulo, Brazil. I wasn't sent any message about this, I only found out because I sent a webform question.
Pre-Arrival: Apr 9th, 2021
No DM yet.

Reactions: neg mawon

OnlyOne80

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Are you sure about this ? My understanding is that there will be flights in the first week of May from Punta Cana to Montreal both through Air Transat and Air Canada. Please check their websites.

I have a question for though: What is the passport submission process for DR? I am curious because that's what we should get next.
Sorry my mistake! They said the borders are closed until April 30th to the Caribbean and Mexico, but I haven't seen flights from AC until June. Hoping they don't extend that foolishness and they get rid of these hotel jails along with it.

You're in luck! I wrote out all my steps to help anyone in DR with their PPR

STEP ONE: Gather/Print documents
- Passport
- 2 photos based on the measurements
- PPR letter
- Receipt (if you paid the PR fee in advance), if not you must pay the fee and print receipt
- Consent form for the VAC office and sign it (only page 1 & 2 need to be signed if you did biometrics at the same VAC)
- On white paper write your eye colour, height, full name, mobile phone, email and postal address.
- Scotiabank receipt as proof of payment sealed in a white envelope

STEP TWO: Payments
- Go to Scotiabank and pay $1026.30 DOP to...
- Forma de pago de los servicios CSVC: Beneficiario de la cuenta bancaria: VFS Dominicana, SRL. Nombre del banco: Scotiabank. Tipo de cuenta: moneda local. Por depósito, solo en pesos dominicanos (DOP $). Número de cuenta: 70755000016592.
- Ask for a receipt and place it in a white envelope

STEP THREE: Send to VAC by courier
- Gather all your documents in step one and go to a local DomEx
- https://www.domex.do
- MAKE SURE TO ASK FOR A TRACKING NUMBER
- Send documents to :
Canada Visa Application Center.
Ave. John F. Kennedy esquina con Ave. Ortega Y Gasset Plaza Metropolitana, first floor, local 116 A-2.
Santo Domingo 10511. Distrito National, Dominican Republic.

DONE! Wait for email from the VAC confirming receipt of your passport!

Reactions: neg mawon

Lbunny388

Feb 19, 2021
Thank you. My husband had to submit his through the VAC in St.Lucia but they were not allowing anyone in unless it was to get biometrics done. So, he had to get UPS ground deliver it there and it was about 2.5 weeks ago. Hopefully we get an update this week.

mrgarvin

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Thank you. My husband had to submit his through the VAC in St.Lucia but they were not allowing anyone in unless it was to get biometrics done. So, he had to get UPS ground deliver it there and it was about 2.5 weeks ago. Hopefully we get an update this week.
Did your account status change yet?