+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Stange

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
I have been sending and all they keep telling me is covid.Sending multiple of documents as well.
Don't stop asking for updates, after they said my husband needs an interview I email them back to ask if there's anything else we can submit to ease their concerns so hopefully I get a reply because it's not fair after waiting this long and then have to wait for another year again to wait to be interviewed.

OnlyOne80

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
I only find out because I kept sending messages so they replied finally
I am sorry for this update. I heard there were a lot of people this happened to when they sent many emails requesting an update. Instead of updating the file, they were sent to the interview phase. Hopefully you will not be waiting long and they figure how to conduct them virtually. Ughh!

OnlyOne80

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Finally I've heard back from Mexico with PPR! Then the next day my status in ecas changed to DM and a couple days later I received the Pre-Arrival letter. We just sent our Passport off to the VAC in DR yesterday. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the passports back? I want to book our flights, but I'm a bit nervous. Also the boarders aren't open til June anyway.

Keep the faith to all those in the cue...it's coming!!

Isha1980

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Where you
Finally I've heard back from Mexico with PPR! Then the next day my status in ecas changed to DM and a couple days later I received the Pre-Arrival letter. We just sent our Passport off to the VAC in DR yesterday. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the passports back? I want to book our flights, but I'm a bit nervous. Also the boarders aren't open til June anyway.

Where is your PA from, when do you apply.

AndujarMichala

Jul 29, 2020

Congratulations!! We are also from DR Dec 2019 applicants !! This gives me hope lol

neg mawon

Aug 18, 2020

I recall it's about 10 days. I can't recall the exact timeframe but this should be quick. Congrats. We are march 2020 DR applicant and we got DM and pre-arrival a few weeks ago too. But no passport request just yet.

neg mawon

Aug 18, 2020

Are you sure about this ? My understanding is that there will be flights in the first week of May from Punta Cana to Montreal both through Air Transat and Air Canada. Please check their websites.

I have a question for though: What is the passport submission process for DR? I am curious because that's what we should get next.

Reactions: OnlyOne80 and ecruz

EmeraldEyes

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Calgary / Spouse in St. Vincent
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Nov 13, 2018
Doc's Request.
Aug 5, 2019
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2019
File Transfer...
June 14, 2019. Transferred to Trinidad from Mexico on Feb 22, 2021
Med's Request
Feb 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 2, 2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
Has anyone submitted a writ of mandamus or thinking about submitting a writ? I have a lot of questions. Please PM me

Reactions: Ggggg

EmeraldEyes

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Calgary / Spouse in St. Vincent
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Nov 13, 2018
Doc's Request.
Aug 5, 2019
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2019
File Transfer...
June 14, 2019. Transferred to Trinidad from Mexico on Feb 22, 2021
Med's Request
Feb 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 2, 2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
Is it normal to have 6 ghost updates? Today will be my 6th one and I find that strange. I am getting nervous now..
Had a ghost update today too. My husband's medical expired today for the 2nd time. haven't received any emails back since February when I asked if his medical would be renewed again. Webform is gone, and no timeline. *fingers crossed* I hope this means Trinidad is finally working on his file. No change in Ecas since Aug 2019

AndujarMichala

Jul 29, 2020
Had a ghost update today too. My husband's medical expired today for the 2nd time. haven't received any emails back since February when I asked if his medical would be renewed again. Webform is gone, and no timeline. *fingers crossed* I hope this means Trinidad is finally working on his file. No change in Ecas since Aug 2019
Wow Aug 2019 that’s awful I’m so sorry you’re going through that! Hopefully you here something soon! There is another “ghost update” on my application again it’s midnight so this doesn’t make sense it seems like it’s a glitch.

Nala

Nov 26, 2019
Hi everyone! We are December 2019 applicants and we got PPR yesterday and Decision Made in ECas today.

On March 26, 2021 we were asked to submit updated Schedule A, updated police check, and updated proof of relationship. We also had a ghost update in GCkey yesterday but nothing has changed.

I pray that everyone who is still waiting gets some good new soon.