+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Stange

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Just logged into gckey after months of not checking. Looks like the website had maintenance Jan 16th. Did anyone else lose the link for "Web Form"? Also, the bar with the timeline saying when my app should be complete is now gone. They probably removed it cuz its been more than 2 F***ING years and doesn't have any value.
Same here I figured since its over 2 years it was removed.

OnlyOne80

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Hello everyone I applied last year December 2019 and we have passed our year mark. I havent heard anything since March so I ordered my notes back in August all it showed me was that they havent worked on it since beginning of March. In October I read through the notes again and noticed they meant to send me the medical and they did not. So I emailed them and I got the medical request 2 days later. We have done it and now in ecas it says we begun processing your application. Wth does that even mean I applied in December 2019. So I ordered my notes again today and hopefully there is some progress or they are actually working on the application. I know everyone is super stressed out but one day we will all be reunited with our loved ones.
Have you received your notes yet? I ordered my notes end of November and haven't received anything back. Beyond frustrated!

OnlyOne80

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Hi everyone. I received my passport request last week. My husband is Canadian and I'm from Trinidad. We're October 2019 applicants.

See below my timeline:

App received - Oct 7, 2019
Bio - Nov 29, 2019
SA Approval - Nov 25, 2019
Transferred to Mexico (email) - Dec 3, 2019
Medical Request - December 5, 2020 (1 year later)
Pre-Arrival email - Jan 6, 2021
Passport request - January 8, 2021
Did your status change to DM in ecas? If so, when?

Reactions: mrgarvin

hilkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Have you received your notes yet? I ordered my notes end of November and haven't received anything back. Beyond frustrated!
I ordered my notes for the 2nd time in November and I got an email back two weeks later saying that due to covid they are giving themselves 365 days beyond the 30 day limit to process the request. I'm curious that you didn't get the same response? This was my 2nd time requesting the notes on our file.

Editing to say that the extension of an entire YEAR on the standard response rate is insane and I can't believe they can get away with that.

OnlyOne80

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
I ordered my notes for the 2nd time in November and I got an email back two weeks later saying that due to covid they are giving themselves 365 days beyond the 30 day limit to process the request. I'm curious that you didn't get the same response? This was my 2nd time requesting the notes on our file.

Editing to say that the extension of an entire YEAR on the standard response rate is insane and I can't believe they can get away with that.
365 days is CRAZY and completely unacceptable. No, I received a response saying they will prioritize my request and then a friend who submitted her request in December received her notes so I sent another email. Ughh! This was my first request to get my notes.

AndujarMichala

Jul 29, 2020

365 days are you kidding me!!! I didn’t receive that email either.

A&G

Jan 20, 2019
Hi everyone, this is a long journey,we applied on July 19, 2019 and the last update was on January 18, 2020. I am planning to send some updated information about some family reunion, trips, communication and financial support to see if that will help our process. I don’t know how to upload the documents since there is not a request from IRCC, does anybody has done that before, please provide the details.
Good luck to everyone and all the best in this new year.

Reactions: patvicto

Jan 21, 2020
Hi everyone, this is a long journey,we applied on July 19, 2019 and the last update was on January 18, 2020. I am planning to send some updated information about some family reunion, trips, communication and financial support to see if that will help our process. I don’t know how to upload the documents since there is not a request from IRCC, does anybody has done that before, please provide the details.
I applied April 2019 and minimal update

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
They never asked any in my case ....but

Yes you have to send a direct email to mexico address MXICOIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

be sure to include in the subject your application number like FXXXXXXXXXX.

Send them ONE PDF including all the extra proofs. ( a bit of work is needed , like print screen and so on.. and explain why this part has been added)

It wil force an agent to reopen your file to add the document so... it might be enough put it for reviewing ? who knows seems that what happened in my case.

Last edited:

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Thanks, that’s what I think too, it might work.
Well what they wanna know it's if the relationship is still continuous which make sense cause they are at the latest part when they do Eligibility so after that it's almost granted. Since most of times when you apply the things are not sent to the VO until 9-10 sometimes 12 months well.. when they arrive at your case it's really late and info WERE completed at the time you applied but ... with no current update it's tough for them to know if it's genuine and it's actually a Working relationship. So i guess this extra proof sent is a good way