+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Wisdom333

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Visa Office......
Mexico
This may be a stupid question....but when they request your passport and then give you COPR what exactly is done? Do they stamp your passport? Do they send you a document? What is it exactly?
There is no stupid question. From my understanding, they stick the (colourful) visa in the passport and when they send it back they also send a long paper that is the confirmation of permanent residency that is confirmed when the person arrives in Canada at the airport. Few weeks after arriving in Canada a permanent residency card replacing the long paper is received.

Reactions: FVPupnorth and 1116

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
Ok. Thank you! I wonder then..If the application is approved and family are allowed to travel to Canada then why is it necessary for COPR? Can't the government just mail us something to say who is approved so they can enter Canada and wait for their permanent resident card?

Or there should be the option to finalize in Canada. I'm sure most of us at the end would be willing to cover the cost to courier the passports to Canada if that's all that is needed is a stamp and piece of paper....

Reactions: FVPupnorth

Ier

Mar 4, 2020
Ok. Thank you! I wonder then..If the application is approved and family are allowed to travel to Canada then why is it necessary for COPR? Can't the government just mail us something to say who is approved so they can enter Canada and wait for their permanent resident card?

Or there should be the option to finalize in Canada. I'm sure most of us at the end would be willing to cover the cost to courier the passports to Canada if that's all that is needed is a stamp and piece of paper....
I completely agree! I spoke to someone in Mexico last week who told me that if my husband got a TRV, he would qualify for an electronic visa (which I guess means a paper they would send), since the visa offices are closed. Our application was also approved and we are just waiting for the ppr and copr. What the immigration officer mentioned is that they can offer these electronic visas to people that can get direct flights to Canada. Unfortunately that doesn't help us because Ecuador doesn't have direct flights to Canada right now

Wisdom333

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Visa Office......
Mexico

I wish they could give us the option to send it to Canada by any means (without having to send it through the immigration office of the country of our spouse. Someone shared in another group that they give this option only if the spouse is already in Canada. I know someone who’s wife got PPR few days ago. She was able to enter in Canada few weeks ago because she’s Mexicain and doesn’t require a visa.

I’m so tired of waiting. Even if we receive PPR everything is still closed here in Panamá. How are we supposed to send a passport. After almost 26 months of waiting I won’t even feel joy until we’re physically together in Canadá.

Reactions: Ier

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I completely agree! I spoke to someone in Mexico last week who told me that if my husband got a TRV, he would qualify for an electronic visa (which I guess means a paper they would send), since the visa offices are closed. Our application was also approved and we are just waiting for the ppr and copr. What the immigration officer mentioned is that they can offer these electronic visas to people that can get direct flights to Canada. Unfortunately that doesn't help us because Ecuador doesn't have direct flights to Canada right now
i will probably ask for that and she gonna enter by Toronto

Reactions: Ier

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
Why do we need direct flights? We can't travel through Panama?

Ier

Mar 4, 2020
Why do we need direct flights? We can't travel through Panama?
According to the officer I spoke to no. I wanted to know if Visa applications were actually being processed for Ecuadoreans since the visa offices are closed and they mentioned that we might be eligible for an electronic visa if we travel direct from Ecuador.

Sue PS

Feb 2, 2019
I wish they could give us the option to send it to Canada by any means (without having to send it through the immigration office of the country of our spouse. Someone shared in another group that they give this option only if the spouse is already in Canada. I know someone who’s wife got PPR few days ago. She was able to enter in Canada few weeks ago because she’s Mexicain and doesn’t require a visa.

I’m so tired of waiting. Even if we receive PPR everything is still closed here in Panamá. How are we supposed to send a passport. After almost 26 months of waiting I won’t even feel joy until we’re physically together in Canadá.
My husband is on the same situation as you, Panama is completely close, even if they send PPr how will he get here? Still, maybe Panama will open the airport on September and Canada will allow him to enter or maybe from Panama to an X country then to Canada...? OMG this is so so tiresome....i can't believe is going to be September tomorrow and still nothing

Reactions: Wisdom333

Ksavier

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018

because they're idiots. In Australia all visas are electronic, no paper required

Marilu Pumapillo

Nov 19, 2019
Hello everyone: I have decision made 6 weeks ago, and my medical results were extended January 31, 2021...I am supposed to travel before that date but If VAC are still closed, they would ask me for other medical exams, right?

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Hello everyone: I have decision made 6 weeks ago, and my medical results were extended January 31, 2021...I am supposed to travel before that date but If VAC are still closed, they would ask me for other medical exams, right?
Usually medical is valid for 12 months??

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
Usually medical is valid for 12 months??
But hers was just "extended" to January 31, 2021, so I believe the answer would be yes, you need to travel before that.

Ours was only extended until December 31, 2020, so we will hopefully be travelling before that. They need to open the VACs before that though or let us know how they will process passports. They could email COPR and we could print it out. We just need then to be doing something ...

Marilu Pumapillo

Nov 19, 2019
But hers was just "extended" to January 31, 2021, so I believe the answer would be yes, you need to travel before that.

Ours was only extended until December 31, 2020, so we will hopefully be travelling before that. They need to open the VACs before that though or let us know how they will process passports. They could email COPR and we could print it out. We just need then to be doing something ...
Yes. My medical results expired on August, but because of COVID, they were extended for 6 months.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Yes. My medical results expired on August, but because of COVID, they were extended for 6 months.
Well at least you didnt have to redo like a lot of ppl.

Reactions: MrIncredible