+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Tzingca

Nov 28, 2019
Who recommended that?

Most of times like 80% of times those visa are denied , as in if the eligibility has not been confirmed and all... and need to see the PA blabla. (interview)

If the PA for them "never traveled...based on travel history " they won't accept either. (she already been denied on that purpose before we started sponsorship process...) when they have an image in mind... they stick at it.
What Does This Mean for Outland Applicants
Now that you know a little more about outland sponsorship applications, there are a few implications to be aware of. First, if your spouse visits Canada under a visitor’s visa, they won’t be able to legally work in Canada. This is important to know because immigrating can sometimes be a costly process and a lack of financial resources can cause emotional and mental stress for both partners in a relationship.

A smart approach for handling your outland partner sponsorship is to make good use of Canada’s visitor visa. This allows you to spend time with your loved one. As well, it won’t cause any financial burdens (assuming your spouse is gainfully employed where they are currently living!). Keep in mind as a permanent resident or citizen, you may also visit your partner where they live. Of course visiting your spouse or partner isn’t the same thing as living with them, but it is a great option while the sponsorship application is processing. ( https://www.canadim.com/blog/spousal-outland-sponsorship-visit-canada/ )

Tzingca

Nov 28, 2019
We
Who recommended that?

Most of times like 80% of times those visa are denied , as in if the eligibility has not been confirmed and all... and need to see the PA blabla. (interview)

If the PA for them "never traveled...based on travel history " they won't accept either. (she already been denied on that purpose before we started sponsorship process...) when they have an image in mind... they stick at it.
We were always under the impression that our DIL would be denied a visa because she would be a risk of staying in Canada illegally with her husband and children, and if she was denied, it would be a black mark on her record for when the sponsorship was put through, so we never applied prior to that. Her application is now over 15 months with no movement since the beginning of December and we are terrified that our DIL will not be able to leave Venezuela if her passport expires before her sponsorship comes through, so it was recommended that we apply for a visitor's visa.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
We

We were always under the impression that our DIL would be denied a visa because she would be a risk of staying in Canada illegally with her husband and children, and if she was denied, it would be a black mark on her record for when the sponsorship was put through, so we never applied prior to that. Her application is now over 15 months with no movement since the beginning of December and we are terrified that our DIL will not be able to leave Venezuela if her passport expires before her sponsorship comes through, so it was recommended that we apply for a visitor's visa.
Applying doesnt mean they will be approved. As someone mentioned, approval rate is very low

Tzingca

Nov 28, 2019
I think that under the circumstances, when there is an application that is close to the end and it is obvious that the relationship is genuine and especially in our case now when we have parents and children separated from one another, the chances are better.

Reactions: FVPupnorth

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
I think that under the circumstances, when there is an application that is close to the end and it is obvious that the relationship is genuine and especially in our case now when we have parents and children separated from one another, the chances are better.
I would have to disagree with this. Unfortunately they dont often think the way we do about getting family together. How are you certain the app process is close to the end? People here are waiting almost 2 years if not more and are “close to the end” for their pr apps to be approved... it may be obvious to you that the relationship is genuine but you can read many stories in this thread alone that are “obviously genuine” and still they had interviews questioning their genuineness

MrIncredible

Jan 28, 2019
Guyana
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Trinidad VO
App. Filed.......
30-07-2018
Doc's Request.
26-11-2018
AOR Received.
21-11-2018
File Transfer...
17-05-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
05-03-2019
Interview........
10-03-2020
I would have to disagree with this. Unfortunately they dont often think the way we do about getting family together. How are you certain the app process is close to the end? People here are waiting almost 2 years if not more and are “close to the end” for their pr apps to be approved... it may be obvious to you that the relationship is genuine but you can read many stories in this thread alone that are “obviously genuine” and still they had interviews questioning their genuineness
True!

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
There could be nationality preference internal policy...idk....
Look how many Indians are getting processed at lightening speed at CPC-M,
Whereas apps from Pakistan, Egypt, Mexico, etc, take years.
Indians apps make up around 50% of all apps according to tracker.
Most European countries are in the 8-12 month range.
Why all this variability? And dont tell me its security reasons....20,000 Syrian refugees (highest security risk) where brought to Canada in less than 6 months and students worldwide are processed on under 6 months....but a spouse from Chile can take 2 years....why?

cause there's are "deals behinds the scene".... simply. If you think Canada is playing 100% fair on its own citizen , hell no.

Indians and all are usually nations that bring richness to the country instead of some 3rd World country .. search no more. i know they don't like when it's called 'racism' and they say it doesn't exists in Canada... sooo wrong , they do it from top.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danik

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Applying doesnt mean they will be approved. As someone mentioned, approval rate is very low

Exactly

and in the refusal letter they clearly say ; if you can satisfy our concerns llabla... you are free to re-apply and again must repay the fees $$ and all...
is a real joke, just a money thing,

"based on travel history" how can you overcome that ?? No way !

If it's like missing some proofs of purpose of trip etc... it's possible but the one we got hahaha yeah right ... responded to them such brllant you guys she can't travel... because she never did is what this meant ?? They never replied obviously...but i've put the refusal letter in sponsorship telling them how stupid this was.

IRCC works with a checklist and criterias, period , no human sensibility , unless the minister suddenly does an announce to be more "loose".... besides that. They pretty don't care about your situation, is just "wait your turn"... So NO covid-19, that is making a lot of distance between families, is not a big argue for receiving a visa..

I was to go there and visit in April did they put my files to be accelerated cause the trip been cancelled? Obviously no...

So not that sure that asking a TRV on purpose of covid will actually work. And we are now a BUNCH at the same advance in the process !! that's the reality , most of cases are "under review" of an Officer which is the last step basically , but could take MONTHS before this said officer land on our file. Not sure applying for a TRV and getting another rejection would be such brillant.

Last edited:

Tzingca

Nov 28, 2019
I am sorry that there are so many of us that are waiting for this, with no indication of when it will end. Each of us has circumstances that makes it the most important thing in our lives right now. And I appreciate the bitterness that everyone feels, including us. But I prefer to try every option that we have available to us..... even if in your opinion, the chances for success are low.

In the river of life, no matter what the circumstances, you have the choice to drift or paddle. I choose to paddle.

Reactions: drondon07

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I am sorry that there are so many of us that are waiting for this, with no indication of when it will end. Each of us has circumstances that makes it the most important thing in our lives right now. And I appreciate the bitterness that everyone feels, including us. But I prefer to try every option that we have available to us..... even if in your opinion, the chances for success are low.

In the river of life, no matter what the circumstances, you have the choice to drift or paddle. I choose to paddle.
Not judging what you did ...

but ask yourself this one ,

Would you do if that COULD affect your sponsorship application ? as in putting a mark ?

... Shouldn't by logical, but if chances were there to influence your PR decision ? putting it even more on review and on hold. ?

Seems the way they react inside those walls somedays.

Last edited:

Tzingca

Nov 28, 2019
Not judging what you did ...

but ask yourself this one ,

Would you do if that COULD affect your sponsorship application ?

... Shouldn't by logical, but if chances were there to influence your PR decision ? putting it even more on review and on hold. ?

Seems the way they react inside those walls somedays.
Thank you. I'm sure you think you and others are giving your best advice based on what you believe to be true.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Thank you. I'm sure you think you and others are giving your best advice based on what you believe to be true.
Well idk but .. in my case we already have a refused TRV before sponsorship ... so i don't think we gonna risk another as our app is "almost finished". This could be the "no" decision or putting even more chances for an interview that we insisting on this.

Of course i want to see her not saw her since December , is terribly difficult but i don't trust much in the visa system anymore. I'm pretty sure that depends on your nationality you are already put a "X".

She's doctor in her country , no criminal records and all ... and they still refused it on a super silly ground , so... at some point.

I hope you are one of the exemption to get one , but i have my doubt.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Which country are you from?
I'm Canadian Citizen and she is from El Salvador, we have given them all the needed proofs , security clearance , all. but they still decided to say they were not satisfied she was to leave the country blabla... based on travel history.

Gosh is that her fault is she's been able to go to guatemala and honduras in her life ??

Tzingca

Nov 28, 2019
I'm Canadian Citizen and she is from El Salvador, we have given them all the needed proofs , security clearance , all. but they still decided to say they were not satisfied she was to leave the country blabla... based on travel history.

Gosh is that her fault is she's been able to go to guatemala and honduras in her life ??
You are applying under a provincial sponsorship? Like Quebec? It seems that there has been a huge backlog from those applications for whatever reason. I would agree that since she has already been denied one visa already, that it is probably pointless for you to try it again.

We have never applied for a visa for our DIL. Our son is now here in Canada now with their 2 oldest children. She is in Venezuela with their youngest, age 4. They were all living together in Venezuela until January when our son came ahead with the oldest children to start them in school and to get a residence ready for the family. I would expect that her chances of getting a visa would be higher than not. I could be wrong, but I do think we would be foolish not to try.