Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VO MEXICO
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Can my Mexican husband still visit me in Canada given the new travel ban. I know there’s exemption but not sure
That I know it won’t be possible currently they letting in only Canadians or permanent residents approved before March 18 check their website

frisbee2017

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Can my Mexican husband still visit me in Canada given the new travel ban. I know there’s exemption but not sure
Mexico is a visa exempt country. Your husband falls under the definition of family member and will be allowed to enter Canada provided he proves his relationship with you at the airports. He needs to apply for an eTA before flying.

Apply eTA: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eta/apply.html

family members allowed to travel during covid: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html#family-reunification

Reactions: FVPupnorth

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
That I know it won’t be possible currently they letting in only Canadians or permanent residents approved before March 18 check their website

and obviouly us... waiting and waiting we aren't admissible.

1- CSQ for Quebec
2 - Eligibility , seems almost impossible to get at that moment... ( and you could be in queue for interview as stupid as it is)
3 - Extension of medical or having to redo.. which is impossible at the moment either.
4- COPR

So those meaures are just there to put this possible for Visa exempt zone... the others fu*** off.

Basically 2020 is doomed for most ppl wity Mexico VO

Mariana948

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VO MEXICO
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
and obviouly us... waiting and waiting we aren't admissible.

1- CSQ for Quebec
2 - Eligibility , seems almost impossible to get at that moment... ( and you could be in queue for interview as stupid as it is)
3 - Extension of medical or having to redo.. which is impossible at the moment either.
4- COPR

So those meaures are just there to put this possible for Visa exempt zone... the others fu*** off.

Basically 2020 is doomed for most ppl wity Mexico VO
Exactly! Almost 3 weeks since they update website and we haven’t receive CSQ is a damn joke, there’s no an official communication of what actions will be take with us waiting for this to be over.

I feel depressed, I was expecting in June to be reunited with my husband and celebrate with family there seeing things won’t be possible, I refuse to think I will spend other year away of marriage, is painful.

Ggggg

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Mexico is a visa exempt country. Your husband falls under the definition of family member and will be allowed to enter Canada provided he proves his relationship with you at the airports. He needs to apply for an eTA before flying.

Apply eTA: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eta/apply.html

family members allowed to travel during covid: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html#family-reunification
That’s great news. Thank you

Therockies123

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
I took over my spouse's profile for today - I am the PA and thought to post some of my concerns and frustrations right now.

We are now at 13 months into the process and my medicals expires on the 13th of next month - a couple days before the current restrictions on international travelers into Canada ends. We would be lucky if it is not extended, but with the way the COVID is spreading, I am not very hopeful there. (talk about a negative connotation on a number like 13)

I know that most of you are feeling much the same as I am.
When we started this process last year, we were so hopeful and we tried so hard to ensure that our application was as complete as possible. We heard the stories of how some applications were completed in 4 - 7 months, so I honestly did not think that timeline would double and we would still be waiting.

We have tried requesting updates through webforms - but the responses are vague and non-committal.
We tried liaising with the MP office just this week, and we were told to be patient.

13 months is not patient enough? This may just be a process and paperwork to them, but this is our lives. We cannot plan anything - not a vacation, not our finances, not even a birthday celebration at this point... then let's add Covid19 into the mix. How are we supposed to be ok and not anxious and patient when there is pandemic cloud over us?

Patient?
We waited 7 months between completed medicals and a notification of a transfer to Mexico.
Patient?
We waited another 5 months between transfer to Mexico and AOR2.
Patient?
It's been more than a year since we started this process and because there is no end in sight, so many travel restrictions in place, we do not know when we will be able to see each other right now.

I am so frustrated with this entire process. I am tired of the waiting. I am tired of the uncertainty and I really really wish that the IRCC would take a moment and realize that we are humans here... and we deserve to not be treated like this.

Canada prides itself on being kind and courteous and generous.... I feel none of that right now.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Therockies123 all attention is at covid for now... ircc doesnt care about us at all. We are far from a priority. Living the same thing its just wait wait an wait. Always stuck somewhere as i said . they made enter the ones they wanted first , and then... kept all of us for later on... is not transparent at all. We sre the "unwanted" since start why do you think they do no changes even if Mexico is that backlogged and all ? They should stop receiving app for like 6 months minimum and putting focus at completing the one that are active, but obviously they won't... we have all technology for doing webcam interview if needed all.. but they refuse to do so, rather putting us on wait for moonths. That shows how is not their life that is put on stand by

Last edited:
Reactions: inshaAllah1day

MrIncredible

Jan 28, 2019
Guyana
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Trinidad VO
App. Filed.......
30-07-2018
Doc's Request.
26-11-2018
AOR Received.
21-11-2018
File Transfer...
17-05-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
05-03-2019
Interview........
10-03-2020
We’re July 2018 Applicant.
Completed our interview last month the 10th in Trinidad already got pre arrival the very next day .
Now the stupid medical has expired in March also, they requested for an extension an were denied so POS VO say we have to redo the entire medical again but can’t at the moment because of what’s happening with this stupid Covid virus! So until this is under control only then would trinidad send us medical instructions and then issue PPR.
I AM SO FRUSTRATED!! Because I was so hoping to be in Canada for may & june, My husband’s birthday and also our SECOND WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!
God knows we are 23 months in this process already!!
Only prayers can help right now I guess.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
We’re July 2018 Applicant.
Completed our interview last month the 10th in Trinidad already got pre arrival the very next day .
Now the stupid medical has expired in March also, they requested for an extension an were denied so POS VO say we have to redo the entire medical again but can’t at the moment because of what’s happening with this stupid Covid virus! So until this is under control only then would trinidad send us medical instructions and then issue PPR.
I AM SO FRUSTRATED!! Because I was so hoping to be in Canada for may & june, My husband’s birthday and also our SECOND WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!
God knows we are 23 months in this process already!!
Only prayers can help right now I guess.
Is totally none sense how sooo low important we are, months and months in extra cause this covid crisis is def not over.

• Sad
Reactions: MrIncredible

MrIncredible

Jan 28, 2019
Guyana
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Trinidad VO
App. Filed.......
30-07-2018
Doc's Request.
26-11-2018
AOR Received.
21-11-2018
File Transfer...
17-05-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
05-03-2019
Interview........
10-03-2020
Is totally none sense how sooo low important we are, months and months in extra cause this covid crisis is def not over.
I know! It’s so sad, because all these cases are real people with real lives. Smh I’m just so sad, I was so looking forward to those two events with my husband
Immigration got no time with us

Samsun

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
I think its time for us to send an open letter to the government and email them and call them to get attentions. Im not good at writting
If someone could write something and we sign it electronicly can send it to them. This is sickening

Reactions: MrIncredible

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
I think its time for us to send an open letter to the government and email them and call them to get attentions. Im not good at writting
If someone could write something and we sign it electronicly can send it to them. This is sickening
I tried posting a petition on this forum a couple of months ago - sponsored by a Quebec MP - the administrator of the forum removed the posting! They don't want us to share petitions or letters like that on this forum. It is frustrating as the petition I posted was legit.
Having said that, I used to work in communications for a provincial government - creating responses for a Minister. I will tell you that for each piece of correspondence they receive, they have 30 days to respond AND they consider the one person who wrote to represent 5,000 people who didn't.

Please write to the Minister of Immigration, the Prime Minister, Chrystia Freeland - basically anyone remotely related to this issue. TRUST ME, when Comms advisors are dealing with 10-20 such letters per week and having to go through ALL the approvals for ALL the letters and log the responses and all the other bureaucracy that happens EACH TIME someone writes, they willl pay attention to the theme.
Your letter doesn't have to be fancy. It just has to state how you feel.
Make sure you ask the Comms Advisors to work hard on your response by asking really good questions:
1. What is the government's plan to modernize the outdated computer systems around the world, to facilitate information sharing and expedite applications?
2. What is the government's plan to fast-track those that have been waiting in the system for more than a year once the travel bans are lifted.
3. Have VACs and embassy offices providing immigation services reviewed ALL Files to see if any can be expedited? For example, are all interviews really necessary?
4. Will the IRCC AUTOMATICALLY grant extensions to criminial records checks and medicals that have expired during the travel ban?
5. What is the plan to reduce the time period to process a spousal or child application for PR?

You can say what you want, but they don't have to do more than a passive acknowledgement of those things. When you ask pointed questions, you make them work harder because they need more message crafting and approvals on the responses. You flood them with letters like that, and the Comms people will make a stink about it and a briefing will be sent to the Minister about the volume of concern over the issue, with stats about the number of complaints received etc. Trust me - I have been there!

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
the thing is even if we do... if vo decided we had to take an interview they won't change idea (i don't have any guaranteei am in this situation at the moment) but i'm sure we ALL gonna be anyway , cause that's the way they do things.

Preferences for some... others, interview. It's like that since years ,i know some ppl in my surrounding that have passed through it same old same old. So even if you call , they gonna say your case is on wait for an interview ... and since they don't do any for months.. well... you get the rest. One of my friend it took 3 years around... but yeah it was a complex situation with a child in the balance (not his child) but toward de FC class you have to be table to take and the mom and the kid that is going with so.. it's been a long battle for him.

Last edited:

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Exactly! Almost 3 weeks since they update website and we haven’t receive CSQ is a damn joke, there’s no an official communication of what actions will be take with us waiting for this to be over.

I feel depressed, I was expecting in June to be reunited with my husband and celebrate with family there seeing things won’t be possible, I refuse to think I will spend other year away of marriage, is painful.

...and Another week without news from CSQ yet from Quebec unless we get a surprise today by the post but i don't think so...
i think we all are depressed at that point.