File Transfer...
17-05-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
05-03-2019
Interview........
10-03-2020
Im so sorry they gave you a hard time, interviews are never easy. My husband was called for one in December 2019 and I was there so I was interviewed as well. We were lucky that the young lady interviewing us was kind, however we were asked similar questions regarding why we married in his country, they want to see your reaction, they want to see if what is written in the application matches your answer. Its horrible that she was rude with you, but honestly its a tactic used to detect lies, if you were honest and remained calm I assure you it will all be ok.
Hang in there and please stay positive ok
Hi
Yes the woman give me a really tough time but the very nex day after the interview I got pre arrival service so that was a big relief..... awaiting ppr anytime soon!! Since were 21 months in the process already

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
So has anyone confirmed yet if the Mexico VO is still working on applications through this? It really sucks to know that if our applications went to any other visa offices....most of us would likely be with our spouses right now.

BOSOXNATION

Nov 14, 2019
So has anyone confirmed yet if the Mexico VO is still working on applications through this? It really sucks to know that if our applications went to any other visa offices....most of us would likely be with our spouses right now.
Mexico is closed . And is only attending to emergencies . My lawyer confirmed the closure .

Reactions: Mitch55555

Samsun

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
I cannot find anything that verifies that information. This this the only thing that I found that addresses COVID-19.https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Mexico/English/index.html
Nothing should be closed if they respond to emergencies. They may not see in person cases. I think if they are safe in their offices, they can catch up to some backlog paperworks.
Unless if their staff working environment is too close to each others
Or the mexico city is locked down, anyways, i do not expect them to go to work if they feel unsafe. We should remember they have families too.
Wish all of us hope and strength and health. Lets focus on the social distancing and everybodu just chill for 15 days
Social media can help alot actually these days. Some of us have spouses in poor countries like myself. They need to be kept informed about the outbreak. I am talking about educating ourselves how to fight the god damn virus and win it. Everything can get much uglier if we do not move and act fast enough.
Remember:
We can make masks at home for personal use.
We can re-use and wash plastic gloves
We can make vinegar, alcohol, bleach based sanitaries.
Eliminate unnecessary trips outside and in publics. ( shop online and just go pick up for example, or get it delivered if possibke)
Avoid public transportation as much as possible
When you bring home stuff from outside wash or change the package carefully.
I see people in grocery shoppings with childrens playing around. And touching things. Then their mouth. Don't be shy to tell each others about it
There is no need to be in a store for long time. Some habits need to change.
And if you are sick, stay home please.
Do not wait for others to come and help,If you can wipe the ATM machine, gas station pumps, door handle, stair cases, car door handle, buses or spray some alcohol on it. DO IT
Thanks folks

Reactions: MrIncredible

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
So if VO is closed means all the cases at the eligiblity stage and all.. we all gonna overpass our medical and all ? may this thing end at some point gosh! Just the time Quebec is about to give the masterpiece we need to finish the case CSQ *sigh*

MrIncredible

Jan 28, 2019
Guyana
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Trinidad VO
App. Filed.......
30-07-2018
Doc's Request.
26-11-2018
AOR Received.
21-11-2018
File Transfer...
17-05-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
05-03-2019
Interview........
10-03-2020
So if VO is closed means all the cases at the eligiblity stage and all.. we all gonna overpass our medical and all ? may this thing end at some point gosh! Just the time Quebec is about to give the masterpiece we need to finish the case CSQ *sigh*
Guys VO’s are NOT CLOSED
Well Atleast Trinidad ain’t close because our application is showing progress.
The country may be close from planes coming in an out but NO visa office are closed not even here in Guyana, up to two days back I called Guyana Canadian embassy an I got through an the guy working there confirm that NO Canadian embassy is closed also he said that they are FAKE site sharing news that all embassy’s are close which isn’t true,so idk why persons are sharing fake news
Our applications are priority if the VO were closed we would’ve gotten email or it would’ve been on the television,radio, social media EVERYWHERE

Last edited:
Reactions: Tina556

Jeff Bevans

Oct 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
I found this link to an FAQ on the IRCC website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

They talk about a few things like who can come to Canada via air and other important points. There is no mention of closures or a stop in processing applications. There is mention that timelines might not be met due to COVID-19. Until I see some other official message, I have to assume that our applications are continuing to be processed in Mexico. I am also preparing (emotionally) for the possibility that the Mexico office will be closed. There is that possibility if the workers there start getting sick or Mexico starts with social distancing and closing businesses.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
I found this link to an FAQ on the IRCC website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

They talk about a few things like who can come to Canada via air and other important points. There is no mention of closures or a stop in processing applications. There is mention that timelines might not be met due to COVID-19. Until I see some other official message, I have to assume that our applications are continuing to be processed in Mexico. I am also preparing (emotionally) for the possibility that the Mexico office will be closed. There is that possibility if the workers there start getting sick or Mexico starts with social distancing and closing businesses.
I think paperwork and processes that don't put you embassy and VAC office staff in contact with other people will continue. Our interview in Trinidad was cancelled when Trinidad & Tobago closed their borders - and I totally get that - but it's crushing nonetheless. The interview was supposed to be today - and today is my 50th birthday. :-(

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I think paperwork and processes that don't put you embassy and VAC office staff in contact with other people will continue. Our interview in Trinidad was cancelled when Trinidad & Tobago closed their borders - and I totally get that - but it's crushing nonetheless. The interview was supposed to be today - and today is my 50th birthday. :-(
is really sad...

And most cases from start of 2019 are stuck at the step of final decision for eligiblity so we'll all be put to storage for a long while again.

AmandaSA

Jun 22, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
is really sad...

And most cases from start of 2019 are stuck at the step of final decision for eligiblity so we'll all be put to storage for a long while again.
Are you kidding me, there are still many cases from 2018 and they DO NOT expect interviews just stuck there.

Reactions: FVPupnorth

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019