+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Dichosa

Dec 19, 2019
Urgh i am so sorry i remember dealing with that in 2010! They never make it clear what they need. I had to Pay the ARC and the ticket fee I think it was close to 2000 all together!
Uff this process is SO expensive. Thankfully he paid for his ticket, so that was done

Lynsita

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Habana
I had a request to send the “contrato exclusivo”, because we forgot to send this with the police certificate. I responded to the email MXICOIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca (as instructed) with a photocopy, and also copied mexico-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca.

I haven’t heard anything back, so I’m getting a little worried. I just got a generic response email saying “thank you for contacting Canadian Embassy in Mexico, to further assist you please visitor our website”. Should I send another email to confirm they received it? :/
Sorry I am from Cuba PA. What contrato exclusivo is and does everybody need to sent that?
thank you in advance

Reactions: Jan27

Mrs. Santiago

Jun 7, 2019
Category........
FAM
Applied Nov. 2018
Meds Done Feb 28
Transferred to Mexico in June 2019, AOR2 August 2019, asked for updated police report.
Interview December 2
Passport request December 9. Passport sent through Santo Domino VAC December 10. Passport returned January 22. Landed February 21.
It took them over a month to get the passport back to you?!?!

Yeseniamoreta

Sep 3, 2018
Hoy obtuve mi pasaporte por fin pero en las dos hojas grandes de la confirmación de mi recidencia una no tiene foto y la otro le pusien la foto de mi hija que no me aconpaña creo que pusien la foto ekivocado que debo hacer y ya los tikes de avión están comprado pasaré el aeropuerto sin problema?

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Eligibility has not even started either. I think it will go past the one year mark. I am hoping it doesn't.
got AOR2 4 days BEFORE the year and they are waiting for CSQ to do the Eligibility so.... i think that tell things. (11 months and 26 days.... just under the year for that part). So it's just to say "we started the last part before the year..." (more for the "image")

Last edited:

bevv.bab

Sep 16, 2019
Sorry I am from Cuba PA. What contrato exclusivo is and does everybody need to sent that?
thank you in advance
I wasn't aware of it when I originally submitted the application, but I would assume everyone would need to send it if they are from Cuba. The contrato exclusivo is just something that comes with the Police Certificate. My husband received it but didn't think we needed it for the application, so he never told me about it and never passed it over to me.

Mexico VO requested it 4 days after the year mark though email (same day that I received AOR2). They also mentioned that the contrato exclusivo did not need to be translated. Thankfully my husband still had it with him, so he just sent me a photocopy and I emailed the photocopy over to Mexico. Haven't heard anything since!

mari5

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
I had a request to send the “contrato exclusivo”, because we forgot to send this with the police certificate. I responded to the email MXICOIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca (as instructed) with a photocopy, and also copied mexico-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca.

I haven’t heard anything back, so I’m getting a little worried. I just got a generic response email saying “thank you for contacting Canadian Embassy in Mexico, to further assist you please visitor our website”. Should I send another email to confirm they received it? :/
Mexico VO is notorious for not replying - rest assured, they've received it if you got a confirmation email but for piece of mind, you can send another email to verify (although, I doubt they'll reply)

Reactions: bevv.bab

som3body

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
got AOR2 4 days BEFORE the year and they are waiting for CSQ to do the Eligibility so.... i think that tell things. (11 months and 26 days.... just under the year for that part). So it's just to say "we started the last part before the year..." (more for the "image")
What is a criminality check? Did they not process that in Sydney?

AUG19

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
DR
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
29-08-2019
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Hoy obtuve mi pasaporte por fin pero en las dos hojas grandes de la confirmación de mi recidencia una no tiene foto y la otro le pusien la foto de mi hija que no me aconpaña creo que pusien la foto ekivocado que debo hacer y ya los tikes de avión están comprado pasaré el aeropuerto sin problema?
Tienes que comunicarte con ellos directamente.

AUG19

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
DR
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
29-08-2019
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
What is a criminality check? Did they not process that in Sydney?
I thought they would do that in Sydney, but for me it still shows in process and I received AOR2 from Mexico earlier this month so who knows.

Reactions: som3body