+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Jeff Bevans

Oct 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Hello, I received DM in ECAS today. We are now awaiting PPR, hopefully over the next few days.

Timeline:
Application rec'd - Jan 23rd, 2019
Medical passed - March 26th, 2019
File transfer to Mexico - Oct 21, 2019
Started Processing - Nov 19, 2019
Pre-arrival and Bio-metrics - Feb 19th, 2020
Bio-metrics submitted -Feb 21st, 2020
DM in Ecas - Feb 22nd, 2020

Wishing you all good luck and hope the wait is not much longer.

P.S - If you are over the one year mark, feel free to reach out to your MP. I reached out to my MP on Feb 11th and was told that he was going to advocate on our behalf to finalize the processing ASAP. Not sure it it was a coincidence but 11 days later I received DM.
Congratulations!!! Despite my recent long-winded post, your post has restored a bit of hope. Our file was transferred to the Mexican office around the same time. Fingers crossed.

BOSOXNATION

Nov 14, 2019
Hello, I received DM in ECAS today. We are now awaiting PPR, hopefully over the next few days.

Timeline:
Application rec'd - Jan 23rd, 2019
Medical passed - March 26th, 2019
File transfer to Mexico - Oct 21, 2019
Started Processing - Nov 19, 2019
Pre-arrival and Bio-metrics - Feb 19th, 2020
Bio-metrics submitted -Feb 21st, 2020
DM in Ecas - Feb 22nd, 2020

Wishing you all good luck and hope the wait is not much longer.

P.S - If you are over the one year mark, feel free to reach out to your MP. I reached out to my MP on Feb 11th and was told that he was going to advocate on our behalf to finalize the processing ASAP. Not sure it it was a coincidence but 11 days later I received DM.
Where is principle applicant from ?

rissy1

May 22, 2015
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS
Congratulations!!! Despite my recent long-winded post, your post has restored a bit of hope. Our file was transferred to the Mexican office around the same time. Fingers crossed.
Thank you! You should hear something soon. Maybe you should order your notes to see whats happening with your application.

Dichosa

Dec 19, 2019
Hi there!

I also applied outland through Mexico City. I mailed my application on Sept. 16th, it was sent to Mexico City on Oct 16th and I got a response from them on Nov. 6th saying that they had already received it, they said my application was incomplete and that I had to mail them my Departure Order (Didn't get deported, left on my own, but I still got that letter) I went to the embassy like two weeks after that and dropped it off. I just got an email saying that I have to attend an interview on March 23rd. They haven't asked me yet for my National Police Certificate so I find it odd.

I've also been arguing with them endlessly, because first they said that they wouldn't ask me for an ARC (Authorization to Return to Canada, it takes a year to get), they said it was an error and that I didn't need one (I still have the emails when they said that to me). I checked back with them like 6 months later to ask them if they had fixed it, and they now told me that I DO need one, but that they wouldn't charge me the $400 CDN fee due to the "inconvenience" pffft, can you believe that!? Then on a separate email they told me that I could discuss about the ARC at my interview, so I'm taking the emails as proof.

What do you guys think? My case is very confusing! But I got surprised that they gave me the interview so soon! Any news with you guys?
My husband was deported and we asked about the ARC several times. They answered that they would send us the form if we needed it. They never sent us the form and then when they denied our application they sent a separate letter saying one of the reason the application was denied is that we didn't submit an ARC. We tried to claim by writing them with the email they sent but never got a response. :( If you did end up getting a form to request the ARC, please PM me to share?

Reactions: Suzy18

som3body

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
My husband was deported and we asked about the ARC several times. They answered that they would send us the form if we needed it. They never sent us the form and then when they denied our application they sent a separate letter saying one of the reason the application was denied is that we didn't submit an ARC. We tried to claim by writing them with the email they sent but never got a response. :( If you did end up getting a form to request the ARC, please PM me to share?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/authorization-return-canada.html

You can apply for ARC following these instructions

chris504

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Urgh i am so sorry i remember dealing with that in 2010! They never make it clear what they need. I had to Pay the ARC and the ticket fee I think it was close to 2000 all together!

pasqguz

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
File Transfer...
24-06-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-28-2019
Hubby finally arrived on Friday. He said in and out of immigration in 10 minutes. I want to thank everyone for their support it was so appreciated!!