+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Samsun

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
So. We went to Trinidad and did medical on monday. Just got home last night. And keygc says medical approved.
I do not know what will happen next. PA is from cuba.
Application was filed August 12 2019. Trasfer to mexico october 21 and medical req feb 04. Medical passed feb 21...

Mrs. Santiago

Jun 7, 2019
Category........
FAM
It is really annoying to wait 14 months only to see an interview is required and that they have my wife listed as previously married
Let us know the outcome. My guess is they’ll still move forward with the interview but it would be nice if they got their facts straight. It will be interesting to hear what they have to say about that!

Mrs. Santiago

Jun 7, 2019
Category........
FAM
So. We went to Trinidad and did medical on monday. Just got home last night. And keygc says medical approved.
Application was filed August 12 2019. Trasfer to mexico october 21 and medical req feb 04. Medical passed feb 21...
I guess you’re waiting to see if they require any additional documentation and/or an interview. What happens next ... we just continue to wait.

Samsun

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
I remember somebody here had to send "the request papers "for certificado de penal (criminal records)for cuba.. wondering what happened.. scan and email worked ?

Reactions: Jan27

Samsun

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
I still have not sent mine, wanted to see if they ask for it. Maybe they do not..? I do not remember if they asked for this for cuba on the application instructions? Any idea?

gvalsa

Mar 22, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
My TL is very similar to yours . Applied July 2019, moved to Mexico VO Oct 5th, silence til medical request feb4th. Passed since feb 9th.

BOSOXNATION

Nov 14, 2019
So all this waiting and got my notes today from the visa officer. It said review is required. Interview language Spanish. Event: interview so it looks like we will be several more months now. About 14 months in already
[
sit down and wait . Me and wife/son November 2018 . Medicals passed 7 months ago and still waiting . Mexico is very slow .

bevv.bab

Sep 16, 2019
I remember somebody here had to send "the request papers "for certificado de penal (criminal records)for cuba.. wondering what happened.. scan and email worked ?
I had a request to send the “contrato exclusivo”, because we forgot to send this with the police certificate. I responded to the email MXICOIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca (as instructed) with a photocopy, and also copied mexico-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca.

I haven’t heard anything back, so I’m getting a little worried. I just got a generic response email saying “thank you for contacting Canadian Embassy in Mexico, to further assist you please visitor our website”. Should I send another email to confirm they received it? :/

rissy1

May 22, 2015
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS
Hello, I received DM in ECAS today. We are now awaiting PPR, hopefully over the next few days.

Timeline:
Application rec'd - Jan 23rd, 2019
Medical passed - March 26th, 2019
File transfer to Mexico - Oct 21, 2019
Started Processing - Nov 19, 2019
Pre-arrival and Bio-metrics - Feb 19th, 2020
Bio-metrics submitted -Feb 21st, 2020
DM in Ecas - Feb 22nd, 2020

Wishing you all good luck and hope the wait is not much longer.

P.S - If you are over the one year mark, feel free to reach out to your MP. I reached out to my MP on Feb 11th and was told that he was going to advocate on our behalf to finalize the processing ASAP. Not sure it it was a coincidence but 11 days later I received DM.

chris504

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Hello,

I received Pre Arrival and Biometrics request from Mexico today. Just wanted to share with you all. Seems like they are starting to work again. It was months of silence.

Pre-arrival and Biometrics - Feb 19th, 2020
I do you know why it took them so long to transfer to mexico? I looks like mexico did a good job processing in a few months.

chris504

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Hello, I received DM in ECAS today. We are now awaiting PPR, hopefully over the next few days.

Timeline:
Pre-arrival and Bio-metrics - Feb 19th, 2020
Bio-metrics submitted -Feb 21st, 2020
DM in Ecas - Feb 22nd, 2020

Wishing you all good luck and hope the wait is not much longer.

P.S - If you are over the one year mark, feel free to reach out to your MP. I reached out to my MP on Feb 11th and was told that he was going to advocate on our behalf to finalize the processing ASAP. Not sure it it was a coincidence but 11 days later I received DM.
Congratulations!!!

Reactions: rissy1

Jeff Bevans

Oct 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Hi everyone. I thought this might be of interest to some.

My wife is from Venezuela and we are April 2019 applicants. Our application was transferred to the Mexico Visa office in October 2019 and we have not heard anything since, like many of the people in this forum. That isn't the interesting part though.

We decided it would be best for my wife to live in Mexico as opposed to Venezuela due to the socio-economic problems in Venezuela at the moment. She has been in Mexico since before our marriage in September 2018.

-August 2019 she applied for and received refugee status in Mexico.
-November 2019 she received Visitor status, which is more than the 6 months visitor Visa most receive upon arrival in Mexico for travel.
-In January 2020 she applied for permanent residency in Mexico.
-Last week she received her permanent residency in Mexico.

So in all, it was 7 months to receive her permanent residency in Mexico. Although she said there were long lines every time she had to go to the immigration office, she always was able to talk to a person at some point and always was able to determine her status and get questions answered.

As opposed to the Canadian system. Closed. No answers. No way to determine where in the process your application is at. We have eCAS (poor, little information), online account for linked apps (we don't have this as we have used a lawyer) or you can order the notes for your case. I have read a few posts on this forum where people have ordered their notes from the Mexico Visa office and have been told that getting the notes within the 30 day timeline would be impossible, that 90 days would be the timeline. I don't know if that is common or not. I fail to understand why it would take 90 days to press the Print button for the notes.

With today's technology, we can do all our banking online. Trade stocks online. Pay our taxes online. But me, as the sponsor, and my wife as the PA, can't have access to all the data and the notes of our application online? This is ridiculous. Simply knowing where in the process our application is and what the next steps are going to be would put our minds at ease. I am sure that most people on this forum feel the same.

I am embarrassed at our immigration system

chris504

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
I have heard that the conjugal route is really difficult, I have friends that were just recently successful after a 2.5 year battle. They had to prove every little thing. Quote and get letters from PA's home country government and lawyers etc... I am happy they were successful though, I wish you all the best and I hope you had TONS of proof :)
Let us know how everything progresses
Urgh! Yes I’m hoping it will not be that long! I have proof I have known him for over 10 years, I have proof of financial support, I have proof of how often we talk, we have been in a marriage like relationship ship since 08. 2018 and waited for over a year to submit the application. I have proof of trips 2x a year for a bout 2 months of the year, my relationship with his family and his with mine. I will be devastated if it takes that long as I want to have children with him and my clock is ticking. Immigration says they do not want to force anyone into marriage but in this instance they make us feel like it’s the only option