2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Good morning guys,

We would like to know what number we could call to get any information about our application from outside Canada.

App received on March 7th no transfer yet. We were expecting to wait until November but I started noticing people in the March group have been transferred to Mexico ( March 19th, March 22nd) and we have not heard anything yet. I know everyone's case is different but I think we can all understand the stress we are under.

We know we are still within time frame and don't want to be annoying but we just want to try, at least to ease our nerves a bit. Maybe see that things are on track.

If you have the number or email where I could get in touch with someone please share it. Also I am the sponsor, would the PA have to call or can I ask on his behalf?

1st not ALL cases will be sent to VO for doing the BGC , mine isn't transferred yet from february19th ! so we could be in the lucky ones.. or not

2nd Sydney can decide to do the whole process in Nova scotia also if Vo is too busy or any reason.
(not necessary according to them thats why 1st VO is " Centralized intake and processing office at Sydney")

That said, if your destination is Quebec... you are like me,.. here for a long ride as the quota is exceeded since June ... so no more Visa issued for Destination to Quebec until January.

And we are NOT even sure to enter in the 2020's wave as a long list are already waiting from june to december 2018....

the only way to get in contact with IRCC outside Canada is the Webform...

Last edited:
Reactions: FVPupnorth

JD27

Aug 22, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
I wish they had said when it would happen! Lol

But today is gonna be our day... Just putting that out into the universe. You can thank me later...

When did you get the status change? Ours was on the 21 (I think)

Ooo yeah today sounds great..let me know when yours arrives!
Ours changed to DM October 3rd. We are Sept 4th applicants.

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
hi everyone I first want to say that please no judgment.. today I received my transfer to Mexico letter. the problem is that I am nearing my decision to withdrawal my husbands application. We have been having a hard time with our relationship and I don't think it's best to continue with the application as at this point I don't see how we can repair things right now. I just want to get an idea how long until Mexico actually starts processing and I would be able to get my full fees refunded minus the $75. appreciate the feedback. This decision does not come easy for me.

Reactions: Janeth7789

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
hi everyone I first want to say that please no judgment.. today I received my transfer to Mexico letter. the problem is that I am nearing my decision to withdrawal my husbands application. We have been having a hard time with our relationship and I don't think it's best to continue with the application as at this point I don't see how we can repair things right now. I just want to get an idea how long until Mexico actually starts processing and I would be able to get my full fees refunded minus the $75. appreciate the feedback. This decision does not come easy for me.
You sure of your decision ?!? after all this ? is def a tough decision. do you think is the long wait that have caused the issue in relationship ?? we are all stressed out ... you are not alone , is tough to be placed in a list and no news at all for months.

starpanda

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
So sorry to hear this

mine took about 6 weeks to receive the AOR2 after I received the file transfer email

all the best

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
You sure of your decision ?!? after all this ? is def a tough decision
yes. like I said it was a tough decision but some things are just not repairable and unforgivable especially when it has to do with my life and responsibility for an individual

Reactions: garbimba

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
yes. like I said it was a tough decision but some things are just not repairable and unforgivable especially when it has to do with my life and responsibility for an individual
Ok, sorry to hear that.

So you gonna ask for a removal of the wedding act in the foreign country ? as in papers, as to be unlink from this person. ?

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I don't get what you mean. Divorce?
kind of.... sponsorship is about bringing a relative ... and you just wanna cancel it so i guess it's over no ?

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Awe I’m so sorry to hear this , and I imagine the decision has not been easy :(
You can call the call center and ask how to withdrawal or I think you send a detailed letter via webform with file number , uci etc.
Again I’m really sorry and sending strength to you

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Awe I’m so sorry to hear this , and I imagine the decision has not been easy :(
You can call the call center and ask how to withdrawal or I think you send a detailed letter via webform with file number , uci etc.
Again I’m really sorry and sending strength to you
ya I know all the steps as this has been in the works for a month or so for me, but I kept positive but this week gave me the confirmation I needed. thanks for your kind words.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
So sorry to hear that. Wishing you all the best. Having been through a sponsorship process prior to the one I am in now, I support your decision. Good that you are following your gut.

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
When has everyone requested their notes? I'm at almost 10 months, should I request them now or wait till my 1 year mark?
I requested ours just about a week after 8 full months but haven't received anything yet. However, did get an email saying they transferred our file to Mexico VO on Oct. 3/19 about three weeks later (9 months from receipt in Sydney). Now just more waiting until we hear something else. At least we know it's still moving!!

My opinion ... I'd ask for them now because it takes at least a month and possibly 6 weeks to get them now since there are so many requests for the notes. Also, in case it's buried somewhere or lost, :eek::oops: when they go to do the notes they might find it and keep it moving! Just my thoughts. :)

Last edited:

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
Good morning guys,

We would like to know what number we could call to get any information about our application from outside Canada.

App received on March 7th no transfer yet. We were expecting to wait until November but I started noticing people in the March group have been transferred to Mexico ( March 19th, March 22nd) and we have not heard anything yet. I know everyone's case is different but I think we can all understand the stress we are under.

We know we are still within time frame and don't want to be annoying but we just want to try, at least to ease our nerves a bit. Maybe see that things are on track.

If you have the number or email where I could get in touch with someone please share it. Also I am the sponsor, would the PA have to call or can I ask on his behalf?
Our application was received on Jan 4th/19 and we only received our email transferring it to Mexico VO on Oct 3/19. AOR2 may take awhile too according to what others have experienced.

Our Jan. 2019 spreadsheet is filled with 4 and 5 month completions but there are those who have to go through the Mexico VO and it appears to take a lot longer! I understand Mexico and London VOs are the busiest and slowest in the world ... lucky us!!

As you say, everyone is different, but I don't think you need to panic ... AND as others have said there is no number to phone in Mexico you can only use the webform to email them. Hang in there ...

Reactions: Janeth7789