+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Kera18

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
it will be a waste of time to call, I called 2 times as mine took forever and they would only say it is within normal processing times

I wish you luck with it though
I agree it is a waste of time. I have called the Client Support at 1-888-242-2100 and I have never been able to talk to an agent even I called different days many times to the point that I gave up and I sent them a letter. Doesn't hurt to try maybe somebody answers... Like you were lucky Starpanda that you were able to at least talk to a person, I never got that chance and I gave up.

Kera18

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
1st not ALL cases will be sent to VO for doing the BGC , mine isn't transferred yet from february19th ! so we could be in the lucky ones.. or not

2nd Sydney can decide to do the whole process in Nova scotia also if Vo is too busy or any reason.
(not necessary according to them thats why 1st VO is " Centralized intake and processing office at Sydney")

That said, if your destination is Quebec... you are like me,.. here for a long ride as the quota is exceeded since June ... so no more Visa issued for Destination to Quebec until January.

And we are NOT even sure to enter in the 2020's wave as a long list are already waiting from june to december 2018....

the only way to get in contact with IRCC outside Canada is the Webform...
I'm on that boat, a Quebec applicant, lost hope of spending Christmas in Canada with my partner, but we never know maybe there is a miracle.

MY TIMELINE
QUEBEC Outland Spousal Sponsorship

Sponsor Lives: Quebec
Applicant Lives: Guatemala
Overseas Office: VO Mexico
Application Received by CIC: December 22, 2018
Acknowledgment Letter (AOR): February 18, 2019
Medical Examination Requested: February 24, 2019
Sponsorship Approval (SA): February 28, 2019
Medical Exam Passed: March 05, 2019
File Transferred to VO Mexico: September 3, 2019

pasqguz

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
File Transfer...
24-06-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-28-2019
hi everyone I first want to say that please no judgment.. today I received my transfer to Mexico letter. the problem is that I am nearing my decision to withdrawal my husbands application. We have been having a hard time with our relationship and I don't think it's best to continue with the application as at this point I don't see how we can repair things right now. I just want to get an idea how long until Mexico actually starts processing and I would be able to get my full fees refunded minus the $75. appreciate the feedback. This decision does not come easy for me.
I am so sorry to hear I wish you only the best moving forward but unfortunately I don’t think the fees are refundable but you can definitely double check. Again am sorry

Kera18

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
hi everyone I first want to say that please no judgment.. today I received my transfer to Mexico letter. the problem is that I am nearing my decision to withdrawal my husbands application. We have been having a hard time with our relationship and I don't think it's best to continue with the application as at this point I don't see how we can repair things right now. I just want to get an idea how long until Mexico actually starts processing and I would be able to get my full fees refunded minus the $75. appreciate the feedback. This decision does not come easy for me.
NO Judgment, just sad that after the all the time, money, emotions and all the effort you invested is all thrown out. I know the waiting time is a test for many if not all relationships, and I wonder if Immigration Canada makes us wait on purpose to see if the relationship is real and we are able to endure the wait just to prove the love.

On the other hand, if I'm not mistaken you can withdraw your application at anytime before the applicant receives the Permanent Residence. In other words, once the applicant has received his or her PR you cannot withdraw his or her application. Regarding the processing time at the VO in my case is more than a month since my application was transferred to VO Mexico and still I haven't received the AOR2 letter or e-mail. In addition, as long as the VO has not requested a passport I believe there is room to withdraw an application.

Wish you the best and if the best is to reconcile the differences with your husband so be it, because after the time, money and emotions we all invest in a relationship just to trow it all away....!!!

MY TIMELINE

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I'm on that boat, a Quebec applicant, lost hope of spending Christmas in Canada with my partner, but we never know maybe there is a miracle.

MY TIMELINE

Well since no visa issuing until january from mexico to Quebec i think you should def prepare for a xmas without partner, Is Sad but that's the reality. On my side i'm waiting my boss' answer so i take some days off to go to my wife in Central America cause i know she won't have the paper done by it.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I agree it is a waste of time. I have called the Client Support at 1-888-242-2100 and I have never been able to talk to an agent even I called different days many times to the point that I gave up and I sent them a letter. Doesn't hurt to try maybe somebody answers... Like you were lucky Starpanda that you were able to at least talk to a person, I never got that chance and I gave up.
Been able to talk all the times i've called to an agent. If you are in Canada you can leave your phone and an agent will contact you back when it's your turn... but basically they just have lil information, never detailed , almost like reading gckey interface or something similar. Not able to say a thing more.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
After 8 months and a half , It remains the same questions in my mind :

1) Why do we have to wait sooo long ? (a lot of ppl pass in 4,5 months, but based on PA's origin , it's really longer not that fair according to me)

2) Why aren't they able to say the right infos ? (ex : Calling to IRCC they will NEVER tell you the quota for Quebec (even if they know...) and that shall be the first info to tell right away to ppl applying.)

3) Why always vague answers ? (Even if we are representative of the case , it's always vague !!!)

I'm sure a lot are wondering the same as me , is just an open thinking this morning. Those questions are into my mind since we started this process and none of them have been answered , you won't tell me that this process is transparent and fair after that.

Most of app that are still at Sydney haven't moved an inch since April there ! And they are trying to tell us that is normal ?!? ( 2019's we are all going to go over 12 months that's almost sure...)

I know about the 12 months statement, but i start having serious doubts when it comes to the respect of this statement for ours applications to Mexico and London ones (as far as i've heard) .

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
Letting you guys know that we sent a Webform earlier this week requesting an update. We knew it was unlikely for them to respond since we are not over the 12 month but they actually did :O

The information is very vague and almost not even worth taking the time to fill out the form, but on the bright side this means out application isn't lost right? lol

This was the response:

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
  • Your application was received at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on March 7, 2019.
  • The initial assessment of your application is currently in process. You can expect to be contacted if additional information is necessary.
  • The background verifications are in process.
  • The criminality background verification is currently valid.
Not sure what the last point means but I can say we will feel just a bit less stressed this weekend. At the very least we now know that the application is there sitting on someones desk and not lost somewhere.

Hopefully we get a transfer soon!!

Have a good weekend everyone!!

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Letting you guys know that we sent a Webform earlier this week requesting an update. We knew it was unlikely for them to respond since we are not over the 12 month but they actually did :O

The information is very vague and almost not even worth taking the time to fill out the form, but on the bright side this means out application isn't lost right? lol

This was the response:

• Your application was received at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on March 7, 2019.
  • The initial assessment of your application is currently in process. You can expect to be contacted if additional information is necessary.
Not sure what the last point means but I can say we will feel just a bit less stressed this weekend. At the very least we now know that the application is there sitting on someones desk and not lost somewhere.

Hopefully we get a transfer soon!!

Have a good weekend everyone!!
lol that means the usual.. absolutely nothing , BGC is been going on since april...is almost an automatic answer. as politician does.. a "cassett". Basically means that like us your app is there in a storage and "at some point" they gonna open it for final review before transfer.

Sorry did't mean to break your bubble but... telling you the truth. Our apps of 2019 haven't moved an inch since April ... they just do background checks but def not spending fulltime on it.

So no , isn't lost..is just been placed somewhere in a storage place in Sydney like a lot of us...cause Mexico is overfilled) - Most cases are sent to Mexico AFTER 9 months... not before they are super late.

something like

hi [name]

• Your application was received at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on [date].
You are still under the 12 months.

Have a great day

Last edited:

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
lol that means the usual.. absolutely nothing , BGC is been going on since april...is almost an automatic answer. as politician does.. a "cassett". Basically means that like us your app is there in a storage and "at some point" they gonna open it for final review before transfer.

Sorry did't mean to break your bubble but... telling you the truth. Our apps of 2019 haven't moved an inch since April ... they just do background checks but def not spending fulltime on it.

So no , isn't lost..is just been placed somewhere in a storage place in Sydney like a lot of us...cause Mexico is overfilled) - Most cases are sent to Mexico AFTER 9 months... not before they are super late.

something like

hi [name]

• Your application was received at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on [date].
You are still under the 12 months.

Have a great day
Yeah we are well aware that the information was basic to say the least. We were just surprised we got an answer at all and thought we would share.

As we said we are just happy to know it's not lost somewhere and that eventually it will get worked on. For us it was better to know something even if it is insignificant than to know nothing at all. At this point even getting a response from IRCC is a big deal as they usually never answer.

We know it won't change anything and there is probably still some time before we get anything else, but the good news is that there are more people in February and March being transferred at this point and hopefully ours will be in that pile soon.

You didn't break our bubble, we are realistic however we just prefer to post things that are more uplifting.

vleurgat

Sep 13, 2019
Yeah we are well aware that the information was basic to say the least. We were just surprised we got an answer at all and thought we would share.

As we said we are just happy to know it's not lost somewhere and that eventually it will get worked on. For us it was better to know something even if it is insignificant than to know nothing at all. At this point even getting a response from IRCC is a big deal as they usually never answer.

We know it won't change anything and there is probably still some time before we get anything else, but the good news is that there are more people in February and March being transferred at this point and hopefully ours will be in that pile soon.

You didn't break our bubble, we are realistic however we just prefer to post things that are more uplifting.
I know exactly how you feel. When you go so many months without hearing anything from CIC, any message can be reassuring. Hell, I went almost 7 months without hearing anything and then got pre-arrival just to hear some say "oh but hold your breath, this still doesn't mean anything." And you will still hear that from some even after DM and PPR. Wish people would realize that getting updates make us have hope, that we shouldn't have to wait to feel happy only when we land.

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
I know exactly how you feel. When you go so many months without hearing anything from CIC, any message can be reassuring. Hell, I went almost 7 months without hearing anything and then got pre-arrival just to hear some say "oh but hold your breath, this still doesn't mean anything." And you will still hear that from some even after DM and PPR. Wish people would realize that getting updates make us have hope, that we shouldn't have to wait to feel happy only when we land.
Exactly, at this point just knowing it's there is more then enough for us.

We have very realistic expectations and know we still have a few months to go. For us it was just reassuring to hear anything at all even if it's not any different from what we already knew.

We have seen cases where they reach 12 months without any notification only to find out something went wrong. We didn't want to have to wait to get to that point before we at least tried.

We are going to be happy at every step on the way even if it means we will still have some more waiting to do because it just means we are that much closer to being finished with this whole process.

I see you guys are so close just waiting for PPR, it will come soon and you will be reunited!!! Best of luck to your family!!

vleurgat

Sep 13, 2019
Gosh, everything just seems to be on pause, can't recall the last time I heard someone say " just got PPR ! ".....has anyone else received DM in ecas lately or even pre-arrival ? Exactly one month left for me and nothing as yet.....thinking about ordering notes soon.
We received Pre-arrival and DM within the past two weeks. Yours is coming soon! Mexico usually leaves everything close to the 12 months mark

Reactions: pasqguz

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14

Good

They usually responds...always responded to me .. like 4,5 webforms requests.

But it's never clear answers. Is the same old story is what irritate me.

I expect mine to get transferred in November which gonna be month #9 and i'm February application but still , no one knows is crazy out there a jungle not much of standards.

You have to watch your app when it's at VO (Especially mexico..) .... Sydney is way more organized than any VO.

Last edited:

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
i know it's cool to get updates but when you are told the same thing like 5 times during the timeline and it never happen.... heum... it switch joy to frustration.

My app was supposed to be sent to Mexico in May .... then it was in June...July.. then August.. sept... and now we are in October still no news of anything.