+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

mbn2018

Sep 29, 2018
I hope your MP can do something about it, it’s so difficult to wait and seeing other gets t

I hope the MP can do something just try to be calm it’s so difficult to wait and everyone here understands it I will keep on praying.
I don't think MPs have much influence over IRCC processes ... I feel very much like I'm caught in a kafkaesqe nightmare

june2018

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
01/06/2018
Doc's Request.
16-07-2018
AOR Received.
12-07-2018
File Transfer...
20-11-2018
Med's Request
16-07-2018
Med's Done....
17-07-2018
Passport Req..
24-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2019
LANDED..........
20-06-2019
I just got some very bad news that might apply to other Latin America applicants, apparently background check process has not even started, so I am told by my MP's office that the application will be another year in processing... I applied in Oct 2017. Visa office is Mexico city.
Wow! I’m so sorry that you’re going through that. Have you ordered your notes yet?

Reactions: msb

mbn2018

Sep 29, 2018
Wow! I’m so sorry that you’re going through that. Have you ordered your notes yet?
No, is there any point? Does the process speed up? Given that they just requested police documents last month and what the MP's office told me, it doesn't sound like there was a problem with my application, just that nobody bothered to look at it. Unless by ordering the notes you gain some sort of advantage I'm not really inclined to.

Bob1321

Jul 8, 2017
I got some news from the Mexico VO
I receive email for asking for the Police Certificate.

But I have a problem, they send too a Letter in the GCKey but when I click on it, it gave me a connexion error

Reactions: Suzy18

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
I got some news from the Mexico VO
I receive email for asking for the Police Certificate.

But I have a problem, they send too a Letter in the GCKey but when I click on it, it gave me a connexion error
Gckey letter are normally the same as the email. Report it as a technical problem though

SAlvarenga

May 4, 2018
Hello,

Mexico VO requested a replacement document which we sent in and was received by them today by UPS. Today I logged into my husband (principal applicant) ecas and they changed his address! He has always lived in Honduras and is still there, hes never left but his address now shows MY home address in Canada. His mailing address is still the Honduran one.

Should I be worried about this? We applied outland of course so I'm just worried that it showing a canadian address will affect the application..also weird since we never requested a change..

Devika singh

Oct 25, 2018
Hi Mexico vo request my husband FBI and police certificate we submitted both on 29 October and received an email saying that his application is in process at the moment I hope to hear soon we are July 2017

Bob1321

Jul 8, 2017
Hello,

Mexico VO requested a replacement document which we sent in and was received by them today by UPS. Today I logged into my husband (principal applicant) ecas and they changed his address! He has always lived in Honduras and is still there, hes never left but his address now shows MY home address in Canada. His mailing address is still the Honduran one.

Should I be worried about this? We applied outland of course so I'm just worried that it showing a canadian address will affect the application..also weird since we never requested a change..

Me too is happen the same last week, they ask the police certificate of my wife and they change to the canadian address in the ECAS

I dont know if its normal

Reactions: SAlvarenga

Bob1321

Jul 8, 2017
I know we need to translate the police certificate by a certified translator, but anyone know if he need to notarize it too?

mbn2018

Sep 29, 2018
According to my MP's office, they're just working on it now. It was transferred to Mex in February, I just got aor2 in Sept
I should give an update to this so as not to discourage others. A couple weeks after hearing by phone from the MP's office that my application would take another year I went into the office directly to speak with them and discovered that

A) they had miscommunicated - it would not take another year necessarily, rather it would be in processing for longer than the standard year (I already knew that)

B) they hadn't spoken to anyone in the VO, just some office in Ottawa

C) the info they had about my file was suspiciously similar to that which was in the Gckey portal

In short, I had no reason to believe that my MP had any more idea about the true state of my application than I did.

Went home, 2 hours later got PPR.

Total time waiting from application receipt to PPR was 375 days.