App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
I completely understand you ... Honestly enjoy your vacay .. and lets hope for the best. Maybe well be able to hear something in December... I hate waiting and it really sucks because everything is uncertain but I might also just plan a vacay if nothing new is said by the VO within the next month. When in january did u apply?
I don't know if I will see my partner as he is conflicted about quitting his job. He doesn't think he can take time off, but desperately wants to quit and come to Canada as he's overworked because his company is short on technicians to do projects, but I don't think it will fly well with CBSA if he tells them he wants to stay with me to wait out the processing if he has no ties to home i.e.) a job he has to return to. But if he doesn't quit his job, he can't take time off, because they are short staff and he has to work. Catch 22 situation. I told him I think it might be 2 more months best case scenario ... just trying to be realistic because I think the VO has to clear out all the 2016 applicants first. We applied Jan 25, so if we don't hear anything by Christmas, I guess it will take us into Jan because I doubt they will be doing much work between Christmas and New Year.

Did you order more GCMS notes? My third set should arrive around Nov 7. Hoping to see some sign of progress since August.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
First they check that marriage is genuine....that was fine, Second they check health if there's any diseases.....that's good, third criminality.....he didn't get charged for a crime but coming illegally could be a crime if charged.....and that's where we failed. So in the letter my lawyer is sending now he's explaining why he did it (which they already know since we did PRRA in past), bring attention to the fact that his criminal checks both in Canada and Mexico were both clear. So my lawyer is suggesting in letter rehabilitation, which you can apply for after 5 years of act having taken place (that would have have been deemed criminal behaviour). We'll see if they accept the rehabilitation. If not we go for ADR (alternative dispute resolution). A step before appeal which tends to be faster than appeal...if that doesn't come out positive then we go to appeal.
Wow, sorry you have to go through this. It is bad enough to wait out the normal process, but then to have to go into appeals ...
I hope you get a positive outcome as soon as you can. Good luck!

cindyy

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MÉXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
File Transfer...
SA - March 11/17
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
22-10-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
I don't know if I will see my partner as he is conflicted about quitting his job. He doesn't think he can take time off, but desperately wants to quit and come to Canada as he's overworked because his company is short on technicians to do projects, but I don't think it will fly well with CBSA if he tells them he wants to stay with me to wait out the processing if he has no ties to home i.e.) a job he has to return to. But if he doesn't quit his job, he can't take time off, because they are short staff and he has to work. Catch 22 situation. I told him I think it might be 2 more months best case scenario ... just trying to be realistic because I think the VO has to clear out all the 2016 applicants first. We applied Jan 25, so if we don't hear anything by Christmas, I guess it will take us into Jan because I doubt they will be doing much work between Christmas and New Year.

Did you order more GCMS notes? My third set should arrive around Nov 7. Hoping to see some sign of progress since August.
Ahh man. For sure its very rare when visas are granted in our case. Id suggest not to as ive seen it many times. Thats exactly whats in my head! haha Two more months and hopefully something will hapen. i literally got my application in on the 30th. Hopefully we see some progress. Ive been alittle iffy about ordering them. But i might just do it this week as I'm curious to know what they are saying about my application

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Ahh man. For sure its very rare when visas are granted in our case. Id suggest not to as ive seen it many times. Thats exactly whats in my head! haha Two more months and hopefully something will hapen. i literally got my application in on the 30th. Hopefully we see some progress. Ive been alittle iffy about ordering them. But i might just do it this week as I'm curious to know what they are saying about my application
Wow, you are a patient person! I don't think I could have gone this long without having some kind of info as to what stage they are at with the processing. I do sometimes think that it might be causing more frustration on my part knowing what they have or more likely not having done with our application. However, I am not sorry I ordered them as we wouldn't have seen that they missed sending us the email to request our RCMP fingerprint report. Since that time I have been more paranoid about them missing other things. However, I think it was just bad luck on our part along with it apparently taking longer in the steps where they weren't even necessarily looking at our file, like transferring our file and all the way back to getting our AOR1 step.

Anyways, your husband will probably get DM before us, as we have a few possible red flags that will delay the process. I was probably being overly optimistic that things will be wrapped up by December. It really all depends on whether they want to interview my partner, which I am still not ruling out the possibility, even though we are at about 9 months into processing. Hoping to get some answers when our next set of notes arrive.

Update us if you hear anything significant!

GYN

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
Doc's Request.
16-02-2017
AOR Received.
17-10-2016
File Transfer...
10-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
OK I sent the documents requested on the PPR letter and the prepaid AWB almost 2 weeks ago and today I receivesd an email saying the following:
Please note that we have your prepaid AWB but we are missing the account no. information, would you please provide it to us so we can continue with your process?
Account no. informacion? does anybody have an idea what is they are asking for? which account no.?

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
OK I sent the documents requested on the PPR letter and the prepaid AWB almost 2 weeks ago and today I receivesd an email saying the following:
Please note that we have your prepaid AWB but we are missing the account no. information, would you please provide it to us so we can continue with your process?
Account no. informacion? does anybody have an idea what is they are asking for? which account no.?
i would call the postal company for help on that one

Reactions: GYN

KloveG

Sep 4, 2016
Dominican Republic
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017 AOR and SA
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront and again October 24, 2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2016 and 24-10-2016
Interview........
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
Well we have the interview this morning and they took the passport and said that she was approving our application!
We had to redo the medical as it expired October 6th and she said she tried to extend it however they cannot extend the medical s from certain countries and Dominican is one of them.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Well we have the interview this morning and they took the passport and said that she was approving our application!
We had to redo the medical as it expired October 6th and she said she tried to extend it however they cannot extend the medical s from certain countries and Dominican is one of them.
congrats!! thats super exciting!!! all the best

Reactions: KloveG

KloveG

Sep 4, 2016
Dominican Republic
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017 AOR and SA
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront and again October 24, 2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2016 and 24-10-2016
Interview........
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017

akash005

Apr 19, 2016
Toronto
Which company did you use?? I also sent my passport and documents to embassy with DHL

akash005

Apr 19, 2016
Toronto
I sent my passport and PPR documents to the Schiller 529 embassy and after that I got a email from CPCO that the correct address to send the documents was Miguel Cervantes embassy. Did anybody face similar problem before ( as they did not specify address in PPR email). Will the embassy directly forward that documents to correct embassy or I need to follow another process?
I was able to contact the immigration office today and the office told that the documents sent to schiller529 office will be received and transferred to Miguel Cervantes office. So for people like me who sent the PPR docs to the embassy instead of Visa processing office need not worry about their documents

Strongandfree

Jun 16, 2017

Did they ask you if you wanted the interview in english or spanish? Did they say how long it would take for you to get the passport back with the visa in it? Congratulations, I bet you are excited to be done

Mari_8

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Costa Rica Destination city: Saskatoon
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
México
App. Filed.......
April 4
Doc's Request.
Gckey link: april 28. May 4: Schedule A and digital photo , pcc with initial application
AOR Received.
Aor1: April 27. Aor2:Jun 2 ECAS process. Official email AOR2: July 5
File Transfer...
May 15 VO México
Med's Request
May 1
Med's Done....
May 8. Med passed: May 9
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
November 21
VISA ISSUED...
December 12th
LANDED..........
January 31, 2018
Hello today my notes arrived, exactly 31 days, the eligibility passed and my security has not started nor the criminality , but my file the agent sent my application at: CBO

Last edited:

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.