+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Jalisse

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Visa Office......
Mexico
Your lawyer does not sound like they know what they're talking about or just want to avoid extra work.

In our application we had more red flags than probably more than 95% of the applications here - applying through outland process while out of status in Canada and without even being married - applying under common law after living together for just a year.
Did not have a lawyer (maybe having a lawyer is a red flag :) ).
Requested notes 3 times and it does not look like it affected anything negatively, if anything it might've sped up things as application was processed in under 10 months. Did not have an interview either.
Oh wow that is interesting. Yes our application is not smooth sailing either. I was ready to do application myself. At this point I'll wait as my husband doesn't want to put through the application for notes. Not knowing is torture!

PumpkinPoet

Apr 3, 2017
My God!!!! we got news but not good . . .

eligibility for XXX pendng;

medical has been extended to July 31, 2018;

background check has not been done.

The Program Officer indicated the file should be reviewed again in October, therefore, if you have not received further communication from IRCC/CIC by approximately mid-October, please contact us again.

we sent the application OCt 14th.
Nothing yet ???? I'm sure they will review it before then ..they started my background check the day they send.my wife the passport request.. hopefully it's the same for you .. just to let u know my wife got her passport back a week and half after she sent it ... hope u hear something soon :)

Reactions: GYN

GYN

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
Doc's Request.
16-02-2017
AOR Received.
17-10-2016
File Transfer...
10-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Nothing yet ???? I'm sure they will review it before then ..they started my background check the day they send.my wife the passport request.. hopefully it's the same for you .. just to let u know my wife got her passport back a week and half after she sent it ... hope u hear something soon :)
when did you sent your application?

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
Hello!!
I've been following this forum for a while now. My sister applied through Mexico for her husband who's from Argentina. I believe she sent her papers October 25, 2016. Tuesday she saw her status change to "decision made" and yesterday she got ppr!!
I thought I'd let you guys know because it's been so helpful to read everyone's timeline. She ordered notes and was SOOOOO worried, she was starting to think something was wrong. So hang in there guys, I think good news is coming soon and if anyone has any questions about her timeline or anything, I'd be happy to help..

Best,

Jenn

Strongandfree

Jun 16, 2017
Hello!!
I've been following this forum for a while now. My sister applied through Mexico for her husband who's from Argentina. I believe she sent her papers October 25, 2016. Tuesday she saw her status change to "decision made" and yesterday she got ppr!!
I thought I'd let you guys know because it's been so helpful to read everyone's timeline. She ordered notes and was SOOOOO worried, she was starting to think something was wrong. So hang in there guys, I think good news is coming soon and if anyone has any questions about her timeline or anything, I'd be happy to help..

Best,

Jenn

Hi there I was wondering how long the background check was is process before Decision Made? Also do you know the innitials at the bottom of her correspondence from the officer working on her case for the PPR email? Example being (LG) or (KAR) your help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Hi there I was wondering how long the background check was is process before Decision Made? Also do you know the innitials at the bottom of her correspondence from the officer working on her case for the PPR email? Example being (LG) or (KAR) your help would be appreciated.
I really dont think the initials are relvant to anything. Its clear theyre working their way through finishing up last years applicants. Patience is a virtue in this process. Plus every country is handled differently. If youre so concerned i suggest ordering your notes

Strongandfree

Jun 16, 2017
I really dont think the initials are relvant to anything. Its clear theyre working their way through finishing up last years applicants. Patience is a virtue in this process. Plus every country is handled differently. If youre so concerned i suggest ordering your notes
I asked a question from OP. I did not request your opinion, I suggest you reserve it for whoever requests it. Thanks!

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
She was asked for police records around February, and I believe April she sent an email to check if they had all the papers and they confirmed. Then absolutely nothing changed until this. On her notes that she got July 26, her criminal and background check all said "not started"...

Unfortunately, I have no idea about initials, sorry...

Strongandfree

Jun 16, 2017
She was asked for police records around February, and I believe April she sent an email to check if they had all the papers and they confirmed. Then absolutely nothing changed until this. On her notes that she got July 26, her criminal and background check all said "not started"...

Thanks I appreciate your response :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jennjj

325i

Star Member
May 30, 2017

Hi, do you know what eligibility said in the notes she got July 26? Was it in progress already, not started or passed?

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
Hi, do you know what eligibility said in the notes she got July 26? Was it in progress already, not started or passed?
Hi, Eligibility said "Not started"...

Reactions: 325i

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
I asked a question from OP. I did not request your opinion, I suggest you reserve it for whoever requests it. Thanks!
You need to chill. This is a PUBLIC forum where people are free to say what they want to whatever post they want. It doesnt matter who you asked the question too. Anyone can answer any question. Dont like it dont read it. If you want a direct answer i suggest you dm people not post in a public place. Not everyone is going to give you the roses and tulips answers youre seeking. Simple. There is absolutely nothing wrong, offensive or rude in my comment. If youre concerned about your application order your notes. Youll get answers there from the horses mouth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Argie2016 and GYN

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
So they started and finished the application including background and security checks in less than a month. Not surprising.
I am thinking that they probably started the eligibility along with the criminality and security review already and it was just not indicated. In the GCMS notes thread, it was mentioned that even though it says "not started", it may well have been started.

For those of us who see this in our notes, we assume that it might take a while for them to do the review. Apparently this was not the case for this member's sister, which kind of sucks as you want to know where they are at with the processing ... the whole point of ordering the notes!

Reactions: 325i

Strongandfree

Jun 16, 2017
You need to chill. This is a PUBLIC forum where people are free to say what they want to whatever post they want. It doesnt matter who you asked the question too. Anyone can answer any question. Dont like it dont read it. If you want a direct answer i suggest you dm people not post in a public place. Not everyone is going to give you the roses and tulips answers youre seeking. Simple. There is absolutely nothing wrong, offensive or rude in my comment. If youre concerned about your application order your notes. Youll get answers there from the horses mouth.
Boy! Someone's got a lot of time on their hand and advises ME that I need to "chill" My previous comment was simple & civil, if I didn't ask you, don't respond to me. I'll end the conversation here, good luck.

Last edited: