25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
Hi everybody!

I'll be stalking this page! My husband is from Guatemala and we will be handing in our application some time in August! I was looking through the spreadsheet and feel a bit relieved from the results that some of you are getting, concerning the speed at which your application is being processed! Hopefully that will be our case too! Our case is pretty straightforward so I don't foresee any issues :)

Beto77

Apr 21, 2016
TANMEX said:
'

Hey ,
That's the PGR and I believe you should be hearing soon from the embassy some people here received PPR request 4 to 8 weeks after sending the PGR .
I received the same request on May 10/16 , I haven't sent anything yet , still waiting for Canada police certificate .

good luck .
I also receive the PGR request back in May 12th. PGR certificate was sent two weeks later and we didn't hear anything since then. Seems to me that they process the files in big blocks. Hopefully we hear something soon. Good luck and best wishes :)

AaronR

Apr 10, 2016
Family Class Parents living in Mexico - Certificates done in Canada?

Hello everyone.

My wife and I are Canadian citizens, and we have applied for my in-laws' permanent residence to Canada as their sponsors. They live in Mexico.

Yesterday we received a letter from CIC asking for the medical and police certificates, as well as the processing fees. That is great news!

The problem is that they had already arrange to travel to Canada to visit us on Monday, and they only have one month to complete the documentation required. They cannot postpone their trip, and the idea is for them to stay with us in Canada for a few months.

So the question is: could they have their medical tests here in Canada, and apply for the police certificates following the instructions for Mexican citizens living abroad? The CIC website specifies that they would be fingerprinted in Canada, and those fingerprints, along with photos and other documentation are to be sent to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico, so that they can request the police certificates in Mexico on their behalf.

We really hope it is possible for them to perform the medical and police processes from within Canada, but being Mexicans living in Mexico, we wonder if it is possible, and if there needs to be a special permission from the CIC, or it is just straight forward.

Thank you very much for your help. We have certain urgency, since we have a deadline and they are traveling to Canada in 4 days!

Cheers,

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Beto77 said:
I also receive the PGR request back in May 12th. PGR certificate was sent two weeks later and we didn't hear anything since then. Seems to me that they process the files in big blocks. Hopefully we hear something soon. Good luck and best wishes :)
I believe we are close to the finish line , please keep us posted .

Good luck .

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
AaronR said:
Family Class Parents living in Mexico - Certificates done in Canada?

Hello everyone.

My wife and I are Canadian citizens, and we have applied for my in-laws' permanent residence to Canada as their sponsors. They live in Mexico.

Yesterday we received a letter from CIC asking for the medical and police certificates, as well as the processing fees. That is great news!

The problem is that they had already arrange to travel to Canada to visit us on Monday, and they only have one month to complete the documentation required. They cannot postpone their trip, and the idea is for them to stay with us in Canada for a few months.

So the question is: could they have their medical tests here in Canada, and apply for the police certificates following the instructions for Mexican citizens living abroad? The CIC website specifies that they would be fingerprinted in Canada, and those fingerprints, along with photos and other documentation are to be sent to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico, so that they can request the police certificates in Mexico on their behalf.

We really hope it is possible for them to perform the medical and police processes from within Canada, but being Mexicans living in Mexico, we wonder if it is possible, and if there needs to be a special permission from the CIC, or it is just straight forward.

Thank you very much for your help. We have certain urgency, since we have a deadline and they are traveling to Canada in 4 days!

Cheers,
It would be faster if an authorized (carta de poder) family member requests the Constancias de Datos Registrales on their behalf...

I answered you by PM

Ajjontario

Aug 6, 2014
CANzanillo said:
It would be faster if an authorized (carta de poder) family member requests the Constancias de Datos Registrales on their behalf...

I answered you by PM
Hola

I´m new and Id like to know if it´s necessary to have the "cartilla liberada" or just by having the document is more than enough.

Es necesario tenerla liberada o no?

thanks

shanernewman

Mar 10, 2015
Beto77 said:
Hey Beto,

Sounds like we are on almost the exact same timeline! When did you originally apply? We send ours August '15. Hopefully we both have PPR soon :)

Jbodden

Aug 27, 2015
Roatan, Honduras
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO CITY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-AUG-2015
Doc's Request.
28-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1-08-OCT-2015, AOR2- 11-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
SA- 26-OCT-2015, IP 05-NOV-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2015
Interview........
WAIVED "Thank God"
Passport Req..
05-APRIL-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-APRIL-2016
LANDED..........
30-APRIL-2016
Hello everyone just stopping by to let y'all know that I finally received my PR card :) it took them 56 days process and an additional 20 days to get to me by mail.. We are so happy. I have my drivers licence and PR card in hand. All I'm waiting for now is my health card and I will be set.. Hope all is going well for the rest of the applicants. Wish y'all a speedy processing.. :)

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
Ajjontario said:
Hola

I´m new and Id like to know if it´s necessary to have the "cartilla liberada" or just by having the document is more than enough.

Es necesario tenerla liberada o no?

thanks
For the purposes of obtaining the Constancia de Datos Registrales here is the link;

http://www.pgr.gob.mx/datosregistrales/Paginas/default.aspx

Here is what is says;

CARTILLA, PRECARTILLA DEL SERVICIO MILITAR NACIONAL, o en su caso, constancia de aplazamiento de la incorporación al activo (para varones mexicanos) en caso de residir en el extranjero y no tenerla, pueden tramitarla en el consulado mexicano más cercano a su localidad, se aceptara en este caso la constancia de inscripción.

Alternatively, you can call the sede for PGR in your state to confirm the requirements and you can ask specific questions. I believe if you are over 40 years of age you do not need the Cartilla.

Hope that helps...

methyl

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
29-07-2016, Received 02-08-2016. Out of status app.
Doc's Request.
PGR 30-11-2016
Nomination.....
SA Approved 31-08-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 23-08-2016. AOR2 30-11-2016
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
28-06-2016
Passport Req..
17-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
Hi, I have a situation here and need some clarification -

Does the police certificate need to be included with outland application if the sponsored person from Mexico is currently in Canada?
But this page
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp
says it depends on whether the person is living in Mexico or not living in Mexico
If a person is visiting Canada is that considered to be living in Canada or living in Mexico? Does that depend on the status of the visa in Canada? Eg if it's an overstay in Canada is that living in Canada?

And another question:
In the guide it says "Birth and marriage certificates must be Government-certified true copies (copies certified as authentic by
the issuing governmental authority, signed and sealed)."
Does that mean that a photocopy of the original notarized in Canada is not sufficient? Has to be somehow certified by Mexican government?

Thanks!

happy77

Aug 14, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
14/09/2016
Med's Done....
09/09/2016
Passport Req..
10-10-2017
Hello everybody. I have a little question related with the proof of the relationship.

In the Envelope 2 (applicant forms) should I included something of the proof of the relationship??? or everything in the Envelope 3 (proof of relationship)

I am confused because in the IMM5490 said that you have to enclosed flight tickets, life insurance... so I dont know if that kind of proofs belongs to IMM5490 or not???? Or should I repeat the documents???

Thank you very much in advance.

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
TANMEX said:
I believe we are close to the finish line , please keep us posted .

Good luck .
Just wanted to let know all of you that our interview was sucessful, i want to thank all of you
and TANMEX who was a great adviser to me, wichin you all the best.

HabfaninBC

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-02-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 16-02-2016 / AOR2 04-05-2016
File Transfer...
28-02-2016
Med's Request
28-02-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Hello everyone !

I applied to sponsor my wife in December 2015, got my SA in February.

I am a bit discourage this morning, my ECAS show this:

PR View:

1.We received your application for permanent residence on December 23, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 4, 2016.
3.We started processing your application on April 29, 2016. (Is this AOR 2 ?)
4.Medical results have been received

I was under the impression that with a straight forward application (Lived 3 years in Guatemala with my wife, no kids, same age, my family came multiple times to Guatemala, attended my wedding etc...) the process could take 8 to 12 months. My lawyer says to forget what I see here on the forum or on the google sheet, and that my wife wont be here until the full 17 months. She even says the 17 months from CIC website was not including the first 60 days for me to be approved as a sponsor...

What do you guys think ? The lawyer might want to avoid me to have high expectations ?

Thanks

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
HabfaninBC said:
Hello everyone !

I applied to sponsor my wife in December 2015, got my SA in February.

I am a bit discourage this morning, my ECAS show this:

PR View:

1.We received your application for permanent residence on December 23, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 4, 2016.
3.We started processing your application on April 29, 2016. (Is this AOR 2 ?)
4.Medical results have been received

I was under the impression that with a straight forward application (Lived 3 years in Guatemala with my wife, no kids, same age, my family came multiple times to Guatemala, attended my wedding etc...) the process could take 8 to 12 months. My lawyer says to forget what I see here on the forum or on the google sheet, and that my wife wont be here until the full 17 months. She even says the 17 months from CIC website was not including the first 60 days for me to be approved as a sponsor...

What do you guys think ? The lawyer might want to avoid me to have high expectations ?

Thanks
Regardless of what is read on here, there is no telling how long it might take. From the beginning I told myself it would take 17 months. A friend of mine had an interview within a year and I thought wow she's so lucky. At the time I didn't realize that was not actually a good thing. I just remained positive, even knowing i would be travelling for 17 more months to see my husband for a week, but patience paid off for me, he was approved in 51 weeks, without an interview. I didn't know about this forum until close to the end of our wait, but I am so glad I did find it because so many people are here for support and they know so much about the process! Yes, it says 17 months, and it seems like people are either done quickly or they take the entire time... But don't get too upset, it all depends on the person working on your file!

Beto77

Apr 21, 2016
shanernewman said:
Hey Beto,

Sounds like we are on almost the exact same timeline! When did you originally apply? We send ours August '15. Hopefully we both have PPR soon :)
Yes, CIC received our application on August, 2015 too :) Hopefully they ask for our passports soon