+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

TorontoLove

Sep 2, 2015
Hello,

Yes I sent all the documents through DHL and they charged me 80 dollars and arrived at my home in Mexico in 2 business days so it was very fast. If anybody has questions regarding the documents that I sent and how I made the carta poder I will gladly help.

CANzanillo said:
That's great that you were able to get it done so quickly! When my wife went to get hers they told her that it "might" be ready the next day. As it turned out it wasn't but it was still only 3 working days.

May I ask how you sent everything to your dad and assuming it was by courier how much did it cost?

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
TorontoLove said:
Hello,

Yes I sent all the documents through DHL and they charged me 80 dollars and arrived at my home in Mexico in 2 business days so it was very fast. If anybody has questions regarding the documents that I sent and how I made the carta poder I will gladly help.
Thanks for that info TorontoLove! I would like you to send me a copy of the carta de Poder that you sent. PM me please. I want to make an instructional tutorial and add it to the Spreadsheets. Actually, If you could detail all the steps you took including getting fingerprints etc. I will create a spreadsheet. I think it would be helpful for Mexican applicants. We can quickly point new/existing members to the tutorial.

And jalex23 thanks for the feedback about no personal drop offs at the VO!

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Valeescu said:
HI CANzanillo! Just a question... Did MCVO send you a request for medicals? They sent me an email asking for my medicals.. Even though they expire on December 9th, could that be the reason they are asking for them again? With a month in advance?
Yes. This is a remedical.

And yes... with a month in advance so you don't have any gaps in between the medicals. Standard procedure.

In fact this is great as if the time to use medicals came and you had expired medicals you would be asked to resubmit and that will indeed delay the application no less than 2 months. Neither they nor you want that.

TorontoLove said:
Why did you do all this? You should have only gone to the nearest finger printing buisness, take the prints, then send the prints, request letter and pictures to Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra... and they will take care of the application.

In fact being in Canada when you recieve the request for police certificate is the best that can happen to you as it is the most simple procedure ever.

gambrinus777 said:
Reading this posts makes me feel like that VO officers have little respect for applicants. They seem not to understand how difficult is for some of us to re-do medicals and other requisites.
They can't give special treatment to anyone. We all should go through the same exact process. They can't be evaluating on a case to case basis how to process the application, there are too many cases and too many variables to make it fair.

CANzanillo said:
And jalex23 thanks for the feedback about no personal drop offs at the VO!
No worries. We Fedex the package today and should be arriving tomorrow. Not bad!

I think you can now update the spreadsheet for me.

Thanks for all your support CAN!

gambrinus777

Aug 12, 2015
I'm not asking for special treatment, just to be more considerate and efficient. After all, taxpayers like you and I are paying their salaries, not to mention all the fees paid at front.

csanti

Oct 15, 2015
Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015........AOR2: 30-09-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015......SA approved on July 6th
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2016
Giving them more work is not the best way to help them process applications faster.

Dear Jalex23,
To be honest, I don't like the way you reply to my post. I believe we are all here to help each other rather than dictating what to do or not. If I want to get my GCMS notes, I'll get them. I don't think this will affect the rest. In other forums there are people that have applied like 2 months ago and they are already asking for notes. It is a personal decision!

What will definitely help you is if your application is straightforward. For example, two people with an obvious relationship, no children, not many different jobs or addresses, no previous formal commitments (marriages, common laws) etc. etc. If so I would expect your application to be in the 10-14 month gap.

It is actually pretty straightforward. No previous marriages or common laws, no kids, one serious job for a few years, and the past 2 years living in Australia (where we met) while we were studying masters degrees.
Thanks for your comments.

[/quote]

pau

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
3 09 2015
Passport Req..
15 09 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12 11 2015 gracias a Dios
LANDED..........
17 12 2015 por que Dios es Maravilloso
I SENT AN EMAIL 1 WEEK AGO ABOUT THE POLICE CHECK IN MEXICO HERES THE EMAIL AND I JUST GOT THIS ANSWER 5 MINUTES AGO:

Hello, I have a question, Im in the last step to complete the pr visa in a family class aplication and since I used to live in Mexico my visa office required Mexican police certificate, my visa office is in xxxxx, since I lived outside Mexico I had to sent my fingerprints and everything to Embassy of Canada, Immigration Section
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Col. Granada
C.P. 11520, D.F.
MEXICO wich I did on september 21th , my question is how long this process takes and I believe you transfer the results to the Embassy in my country ? , the reason Im asking this is becouse my visa office only gave me 60 days to send all the documents and I have nothing, so Im just wondering if theres anyway to check? I will really appreciatte that,my complete name is xxxxxxxxx and my file number is: xxxxx and I sent everything and got delivered on septembre 21th my visa office is in xxxxxx. Thank you so much, I hope you can help me,have a nice day!

AND THIS IS THE ANSWER I GOT:

Sir/Madam,

Please note that results were sent to the CIC office/mission processing your/client’s file on October 30, 2015.

Regards | Cordialement,

Immigration Section | Section d'immigration (pgb)
Embassy of Canada, Mexico | Ambassade du Canada, Mexico

Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Col. Granada, 11520, México, D.F.

OMG !!!!!!! this meANS they transfer tHE results to te embassy in my counrty? IM SHAKING that is the only thing i need it.....im nervous..

rojiyo

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-07-2015 SA 11-08-2015
File Transfer...
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront and passed
Interview........
Waived
Jalex23 said:
Why did you do all this? You should have only gone to the nearest finger printing buisness, take the prints, then send the prints, request letter and pictures to Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra... and they will take care of the application.

In fact being in Canada when you recieve the request for police certificate is the best that can happen to you as it is the most simple procedure ever.
I think TorontoLove did all these because is the fastest option. As I understand, TorontoLove chose to request the PGR directly in Mexico (trough a relative/friend that requested it in his behalf) and send it to Mexico VO instead of send all the documents (fingerprints, letter, so on) to the embassy and wait until they decide to request it.

Something that I consider is the best option, as you will save a lot of time in the process, I can tell you because right now I'm doing the same (a relative asked the police certificate in Mexico in my behalf and will be ready in about 5 days). So, I'm in agree only with the part that is the "most simple procedure ever", but you should comment that also is the procedure that will take more time (even until more than 3 month for some applicants).

In my opinon, if you have the chance than someone request the police certificate in your behalf in Mexico go ahead, will save you tons of time in your process.

dama2015

Nov 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2015
Doc's Request.
18-02-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 15-09-2015 AOR2 21-11-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Hi i am new to the forum! I have been looking for people that have their application in mexico visa office! I would like to have an idea of how long it could take until i see my husband :'(

So this is my timeline
Application filed the 20th of July 2015
AOR 1 August 20th
SA September 15th
Certificat de selection du Quebec recieved November 5
AOR2 (from mexico) Novemeber 3rd
Medicals were done upfront!
I recieved a letter yesterday sking to send my daugther's birth certificate.

So my husband is in El salvador and I am in Quebec... our daugther was born in august and he has only been able to see his daugther through skype!! I would just like to know other people experience and i am a little confused about whats happens once the file is in mexico what are the next steps! Could someone explain what are the GCMS notes?
Thank you!!

Valeescu

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Good morning guys! I'm a bit confused about the e-mail canada sent me for the remedials, more specifically about the pictures. It states the following:

Four recent photographs (photos are not required if the panel physician is listed as “eMedical enabled” on the CIC website listed above)

I know that that doctor works with e medical however on the CIC website it doesn't say emedical enabled, however I'm not sure if any do, I check some from other countries and I didn't see it either, what should I do?

pau

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
3 09 2015
Passport Req..
15 09 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Valeescu said:
Good morning guys! I'm a bit confused about the e-mail canada sent me for the remedials, more specifically about the pictures. It states the following:

Four recent photographs (photos are not required if the panel physician is listed as “eMedical enabled” on the CIC website listed above)

I know that that doctor works with e medical however on the CIC website it doesn't say emedical enabled, however I'm not sure if any do, I check some from other countries and I didn't see it either, what should I do?

Hola Valescu..a mi tambien me.toco nuevamente los.medicals y me.pidieron fotos pero cuando llame alos doctores ellos me.dijeron que las.fotos no eran necesarias de todas formas to las.lleve, ya que ellos.mismos alla me tomaban la.foto es para la nueva forma que te dan no se si a ti la.embajada te la.envio un nuevo uci number para examenes ese papel lo debes imprimir y llevarlo a la.cita con tu identificacion original y las fotos si son necesarias, cuando saques la cita pregunta todo eso, asegurate que te digan que ellos mismos envian la informacion a la embajada, que asi debe de ser.... cuidate y todo te salga bien!

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
dama2015 said:
Hi i am new to the forum! I have been looking for people that have their application in mexico visa office! I would like to have an idea of how long it could take until i see my husband :'(

So this is my timeline
Application filed the 20th of July 2015
AOR 1 August 20th
SA September 15th
Certificat de selection du Quebec recieved November 5
AOR2 (from mexico) Novemeber 3rd
Medicals were done upfront!
I recieved a letter yesterday sking to send my daugther's birth certificate.

So my husband is in El salvador and I am in Quebec... our daugther was born in august and he has only been able to see his daugther through skype!! I would just like to know other people experience and i am a little confused about whats happens once the file is in mexico what are the next steps! Could someone explain what are the GCMS notes?
Thank you!!
Welcome dama2015!

You can expect "around" 12 months total processing time (including SA portion) for your application assuming it is "routine". If it gets approved sooner that's a bonus. It's important to have a realistic expectation of how long it could take otherwise it is easy to become desperate and discouraged about a result.

In the last 4 or 5 pages of this forum you can find the answer to your questions about next steps in your application processing, as well as some information regarding GMCS notes. You should wait around 4 months from AOR2 before considering ordering notes to allow for your application processing to mature.

I would like to add you to our spreadsheet so that you can compare your appl progress to others. It is a very useful tool for all of us.

a couple clarifying questions;

What date did you courier your application to CPC Mississauga?
What date did your husband do his medicals?
What does your husband's ECAS status say? "In Process"? If so, what date?

We all wish you Speedy processing!

Valeescu

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
I just called, they told me that they send everything via Web, did that happen to you? That if I needed to send a form the will scan it and send it via Web? Aahhhh this is stressing me out !

HabfaninBC

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-02-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 16-02-2016 / AOR2 04-05-2016
File Transfer...
28-02-2016
Med's Request
28-02-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Hi Everyone !

I am a Canadian citizen born in Montreal. I was in Guatemala for the last 3 years and just came back to Vancouver in August for a job opportunity. I have been married to my Guatemalan wife for 1 year 4 months ! I am about to apply to sponsor her. I am using an immigration lawyer because I even if it super expansive I wanted to make sure everything is done correctly. (David Aujla).

I only have one concern, and it is that even though we are dating since 2010, we barely have emails or messages from back then since it was all over whats app. I was also unable to find hte plane tickets of all 3 time I went to see her in 2010-2011 until I moved there in 2012.

Do you think it is possible that if we apply by the end of November, my wife will land for Xmas 2016 ?
How do you think the Syrian refugees will impact process speeds ?

Thanks for all the info on this forum it is amazing !

Mathieu

pau

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
3 09 2015
Passport Req..
15 09 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Valeescu said:
I just called, they told me that they send everything via Web, did that happen to you? That if I needed to send a form the will scan it and send it via Web? Aahhhh this is stressing me out !
Hello valescu..first of all dont stress out!!!!!! I know we get frustrted anxious and sad... yes it happen to me they asked for remedicals they sent me email asking me for pics etc... like i said you need tonprint out the form they sent you and asked the dr if you need to bring the pictures or if they will take them there you need to bring your id, passport or valid dpcument and yes the dr will upload the info he will send all info to the embassy and dont forget to ask for like a copy or some sore of proof that you had your medicals done, they usually give you but kust in case that way tou have a backup... like i said make sure u call the drs office and ask about pics and everything, everything will be fine!! Have faith!!! :) good luck!!!

saraotty

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Valeescu said:

Hi My husband told me that he brought 4 photos and also the doctor sent him email for the appointment and attached a form. Did you talk to the doctor, hi knows exactly what you need.