+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Valeescu

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
saraotty said:
Hello Folks!!! I have a question for you. My friend was born in Canada, but she is living in Venezuela since 6 years old. She will get marry next month and will sponsor her husband to come together. One of the requirements is the Print out C from the Canada Revenue what can she do in that case?
She should check on the check list where it ask for a print out c... I think it says that if she can't provide one to write a letter explaining why she isn't including a print out c... In our case we didn't send in a print out c

maguita

Star Member
Jun 7, 2015
CANzanillo said:
Outland is faster 6 - 17 months depending on your application. Inland works if he can get into Canada, though he cannot leave Canada during the process! Does he already have a TRV (visitor visa or other)?? If not it is unlikely he would get a visitor TRV issued as you are already married and they believe he will overstay his visit in Canada. He would need to have VERY strong, VERY well documented ties back to Mexico, i.e. need to be back at a good job/business or university, lease contract for property rental, strong ties back to his family in Mexico, etc. It can be difficult to get.

I cannot answer whether he can work while in Canada and awaiting spousal PR application processing. Perhaps someone else from the group here can...

EDIT; The quick check I did in these forums suggested that, if you apply inland, you are able to apply for an "Open Work Permit", which apparently must be submitted along with the spousal PR application. I suggest you do a search in the main forum and see what it generates for results.

CANZLO
maguita said:
Outland suppose to be faster but it all depends, I know the best benefit of outland is that you are allow for appel if they deny your PR, and if you have canadian tOurist VISA you can come in and go out of the country at any time you want but not if you apply inland , takes forever but you dont have freedom to go out of Canada in case you need it, lets say a family emergency back home.

If you apply inside Canada you can get work permit and if you apply from Outside Canada and live in Canada during the 6 months tourist VISA officially as tourist, like my case, You are NOT ALLOW to work because you are a tourist, there is always the chance that you can get a job and they fix the papaers for you (WORKING VISA) or that you get a JOB OFFER and then YOU REQUEST the NAFTA VISA (Only for Mexicans), in my case I have been in Canada for a year going out and coming back every 6 months , looking for a job opportunity in my profession and has been very difficult without a visa. Obviously not everybody has the same luck it all depends, If you have the chance tobe transfer from your country to Canada or to get a job before you come here, that will be easier probably, at the end again, everybody has different luck .

I wish you the best. ;D

maguita

Star Member
Jun 7, 2015
Hello team,

Do you have idea in how long after the police certificate was sent does it take to get an answer???

They requested my Mexican Police Check in July 7,2015
I sent my finger prints from Canada to Mexico City at August 8, 2015
The fingerprints arrived to Mexico office in Polanco at August 11, 2015

Last week was 2 months already, I was wondering if it takes 3 months after they request the Police Certificate. I am expecting the next step to be the passport request and no interview.

What does your experience say?

Thank you!!!!!
Maguita

pau

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
3 09 2015
Passport Req..
15 09 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12 11 2015 gracias a Dios
LANDED..........
17 12 2015 por que Dios es Maravilloso
maguita said:
Hello team,

Do you have idea in how long after the police certificate was sent does it take to get an answer???

Last week was 2 months already, I was wondering if it takes 3 months after they request the Police Certificate. I am expecting the next step to be the passport request and no interview.

Thank you!!!!!
Maguita
I have same exact problem..I sent mine to mexico on september 19 and they got the fingerprints on the 21, and Im wondering how long it takes for them to give you and answer, Ive heard takes 3 months but Im not sure, also I dont know if the certificate is sent to my adress or directly to the embassy, I did went to interview and they requested my police certificates from Colombia, Usa and Mexico, and they also asked me to send my passport and photos with all certificates, I did last week but the mexican one is the only one that i have no idea how it works...so yes if someone knows please let us know.... Is mexican police certificate for the ones that are outside Mexico

nreilly

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-10-2015
AOR Received.
10-04-2015 AOR2 15-09-2015
Med's Done....
10-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2015
LANDED..........
04-01-2016
Received an email from Mexico today requesting for right of permanent fee but nothing else.. Is this good? Maybe next email is PRR? Or maybe no :-X

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
maguita said:
Hello team,

Thank you!!!!!
Maguita
Maguita The CIC website says to send the fingerprints, etc to the Miguel de Cervantes address. Will that make a delay for you?

I found this, but I'm sure you are aware of this.

How to Get a Police Certificate – Mexico
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a police certificate.

Name of document(s) to get: Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales

How to get a Police Certificate
If you are a citizen of Mexico

If you live in Mexico:
You must apply to the Mexican authorities, Procuraduría General de la República (PGR). Further instructions and an official letter of request for a police certificate will be sent to you after your Application for Permanent Residence has been reviewed.

If you live outside of Mexico:
You must first submit your Application for Permanent Residence. The Canadian Embassy in Mexico will request a police certificate on your behalf after you provide all of the following:

Two sets of original fingerprints that meet these standards:
rolled and flat impressions of all ten fingers taken with black ink
full name, date of birth and sex
the name and address of the police agency where the fingerprints were taken
the signature of the officer taking the fingerprints
To have your fingerprints taken:

In Canada: Contact a fingerprinting agency, or visit your local police station.
In any other country: Visit your local police station. In some countries the Mexican Embassy or Consulate will be able to assist you.
Three passport-size (4.5 cm × 3.5 cm) photographs of front profile (no makeup, earrings, glasses, or facial hair – no exceptions)
Three passport-size (4.5 cm × 3.5 cm) photographs of right profile (no makeup, earrings, glasses, or facial hair – no exceptions)
One clear, legible copy of your passport bio-page (with your picture and full name)
Quote your file number, your name, and date of birth.
Please send all five items to:

Embassy of Canada, Immigration Section
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Col. Granada
C.P. 11520, D.F.
MEXICO

I hope nobody else gets interview request. Applications are already taking too long to process.

Lovelycomplex

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 7th 2014
Doc's Request.
Jan 26th 2015-Marriage Certificate request
AOR Received.
Feb 11Th 2015 AOR2 AG 5th 2015-pgr
File Transfer...
SA- Feb 12Th 2015
Med's Done....
Medicals received on Ecas
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
CANzanillo said:
Maguita The CIC website says to send the fingerprints, etc to the Miguel de Cervantes address. Will that make a delay for you?

I hope nobody else gets interview request. Applications are already taking too long to process.
No me digas? hahahaha :'( :'( :'( :'( i have my interview in 2 weeks, i try to be possitive but for some rearon i'm already prepare to appeal as i have hear a lot of bad stories in the interviews :( they can just deny it if the interviewer doesn't like you, that's totally stupid.!!!

Luna21

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-04-2015..........SA email 21-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-02-2015
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01/15/2015
nreilly said:
Received an email from Mexico today requesting for right of permanent fee but nothing else.. Is this good? Maybe next email is PRR? Or maybe no :-X
I think it is good news nrelly!! :D
Someone please get ppr request :S

pau

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
3 09 2015
Passport Req..
15 09 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12 11 2015 gracias a Dios
LANDED..........
17 12 2015 por que Dios es Maravilloso
Lovelycomplex said:
No me digas? hahahaha :'( :'( :'( :'( i have my interview in 2 weeks, i try to be possitive but for some rearon i'm already prepare to appeal as i have hear a lot of bad stories in the interviews :( they can just deny it if the interviewer doesn't like you, that's totally stupid.!!!
I had interview 1 month ago...and let me tell you that I was nervous but deep in my heart I was thinking my realtionship is real so I wont worry..it was perfect, it was so great that they already requested my passport and pictures with the police certificates that I just sent last week...the only one im waiting is mexican one that i sent on september 21th and I dont know how long it takes to get to embassy in bogota, but let me tell you that you need to relax think positive and have faith..dont worry too much I know is hard to say but you need to to try ur best...wish u the best luck!!!! Be honest in your interview and always look at the officer and only answer what her or she asks, like dont talk to much just straight to the point, do what your hearts tells you if you dont understand a question ask tow repeat that... suerte if you want to know what they asked me feel free to contact me!!!

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
Luna21 said:
I think it is good news nrelly!! :D
Someone please get ppr request :S
Yes! Please! I'll take a PPR here thank you! Po Favo?!

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
Lovelycomplex said:
As much as I don't want an interview and the delay and expense that goes with it, I think our application has a higher probability than most of being asked for one due to the large age difference between my wife and I. But we tried to mitigate that probability of an interview by providing a substantial, and we hope, convincing amount of proof of a genuine and continuing relationship. I truly don't think I would be worried about having to do an interview because we know our relationship is genuine, we have been together almost 100% of the time over the last 5 years, so we know each other quite well, though I would likely be quite nervous about it which could make me forget facts :eek:, but I think it would work out in the end.

I am anxious for us to move back to Canada for many reasons, mostly work and family and in part because my mother is being scheduled for pacemaker replacement surgery in the near future (sometime before the currently scheduled March 2016 surgery date), an operation that she may very well not survive. They have to take her off blood thinners for the operation, which alone may give her a heart attack. Her heart is very weak, and controlled 75% by the pacer, she is on oxygen 24/7 with significantly reduced lung capacity. She is currently having chest pain directly associated with her heart and her family doctor is trying move up the date of the surgery and to get her a cardiologist appointment asap to see if she can even tolerate the surgery. If he assesses that she can't then it is simply a matter of time before the battery dies in the pacemaker (the reason for it being replaced) and she dies shortly thereafter. I'd really like to get to Canada before that happens. Yes, of course I can fly there, but I would like to have my spouse in Canada so that they can get to know each other before it's too late. :'(

No interview Please. Just a quick PPR would be nice!

saraotty

Star Member
May 1, 2015
nreilly said:
Amazing!!!!!!! Did you make the payment before or you made it today?

Jbodden

Aug 27, 2015
Roatan, Honduras
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO CITY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-AUG-2015
Doc's Request.
28-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1-08-OCT-2015, AOR2- 11-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
SA- 26-OCT-2015, IP 05-NOV-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2015
Interview........
WAIVED "Thank God"
Passport Req..
05-APRIL-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-APRIL-2016
LANDED..........
30-APRIL-2016
pau said:
I had interview 1 month ago...and let me tell you that I was nervous but deep in my heart I was thinking my realtionship is real so I wont worry..it was perfect, it was so great that they already requested my passport and pictures with the police certificates that I just sent last week...the only one im waiting is mexican one that i sent on september 21th and I dont know how long it takes to get to embassy in bogota, but let me tell you that you need to relax think positive and have faith..dont worry too much I know is hard to say but you need to to try ur best...wish u the best luck!!!! Be honest in your interview and always look at the officer and only answer what her or she asks, like dont talk to much just straight to the point, do what your hearts tells you if you dont understand a question ask tow repeat that... suerte if you want to know what they asked me feel free to contact me!!!
Awesome congrats.. I'm not to that stage yet but just for curiosity what did they asked you?

Ricaldine

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/3/2015
Doc's Request.
12/8/2015
Nomination.....
Family class
AOR Received.
4/16/2015
File Transfer...
7/6/2015
Med's Request
7/8/2015
Med's Done....
7/18/2015
Interview........
05/10/2016
Passport Req..
05/30/2016
VISA ISSUED...
06/16/2016
Im sure you will be find CANzanillo, I don't think age different will be a concern if you prove your relationship is real, for my experience in the past my ex husband was 13 years older than me and we didn't get an interview, they focus on more complicated scenarios, im almost 100% sure will get an interview, my boyfriend is still married to his ex, im still married to my ex ( previous sponsor/ Sponsorship was over February 2015) we have been together for 2 years in common law relationship, but we have a lot of red flags.... im sure your case will be Ok, I hope your mom gets better soon and you get back to Canada in time to see her. Good Luck y confia en Dios.

CANzanillo said:
As much as I don't want an interview and the delay and expense that goes with it, I think our application has a higher probability than most of being asked for one due to the large age difference between my wife and I. But we tried to mitigate that probability of an interview by providing a substantial, and we hope, convincing amount of proof of a genuine and continuing relationship. I truly don't think I would be worried about having to do an interview because we know our relationship is genuine, we have been together almost 100% of the time over the last 5 years, so we know each other quite well, though I would likely be quite nervous about it which could make me forget facts :eek:, but I think it would work out in the end.

I am anxious for us to move back to Canada for many reasons, mostly work and family and in part because my mother is being scheduled for pacemaker replacement surgery in the near future (sometime before the currently scheduled March 2016 surgery date), an operation that she may very well not survive. They have to take her off blood thinners for the operation, which alone may give her a heart attack. Her heart is very weak, and controlled 75% by the pacer, she is on oxygen 24/7 with significantly reduced lung capacity. She is currently having chest pain directly associated with her heart and her family doctor is trying move up the date of the surgery and to get her a cardiologist appointment asap to see if she can even tolerate the surgery. If he assesses that she can't then it is simply a matter of time before the battery dies in the pacemaker (the reason for it being replaced) and she dies shortly thereafter. I'd really like to get to Canada before that happens. Yes, of course I can fly there, but I would like to have my spouse in Canada so that they can get to know each other before it's too late. :'(

No interview Please. Just a quick PPR would be nice!

tricia-chile

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
29-09-2014
Hi everyone,

I've been mia on here for the past few months but I thought I'd update our status as it may be helpful for someone else. Today we received my husbands passport back from Mexico, just over one week after PPR. He was approved!! ;D :D :D

We got a request for my husband to complete an FBI background check as he worked in the US for a few years. This set us back about 3.5 months- however all the waiting and stress was worth it!

One question I have is when you send in your passport, do they attach something? The paper says the visa is now affixed in the passport however I don't see anything! Can anyone enlighten me on this? Does the visa get applied when you enter Canada?

Good luck to everyone!! And thank you all the the support along the way!