CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
TobiNava said:
Hi there,

Thanks for welcoming me/us to the thead. I filled out as much as I can. As mentioned in my first post I´m not really familiar with some short cuts like
PGR or ARC.
At the interview the officer told us that once they receive the last document it´ll take around 2 weeks to get the decision. well.... that´s over now ;)
Even the offer to send cup cakes did not speed it up :(

Let´s hope for the best.
ARC Authorization to Return to Canada If you have been the subject of a removal order from Canada you will probably need an Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC) if you want to return. Whether you need one depends on the type of removal order that was issued.

PGR Procuraduria General de la Republica As it relates to Permanent Residency Applicants from Mexico, it is a criminal record check report that you request from the "PGR" and submit to the Mexico City Visa Office - AT THEIR REQUEST - You first require an authorization letter from the Mexico City Visa Office which will be automatically sent to you at the appropriate stage of your application processing.

At the bottom of the spreadsheet page there are various tabs. At the far right end of the tabs is one called Acronyms. It explains the majority of the acronyms used in these forums.

Thank you, I have organized your data into the spreadsheet! Your timeline does not illustrate the correct color for where you are at in your process as it is looking for a couple key dates... AOR2 and/or PGR date (see below).

A couple questions to clarify a few things in your timeline? Do you know the exact date that the medical exams were done? Were you required to get a PGR police record check? if so what were the dates related to that event. The AOR2 you "should have" received, in the form of an email, after your Spousal Approval and before the request for interview. It marks the date at which the Mexico City Visa office officially acknowledges receipt of your application, and begins to actively work it. If you know/have that date it would be helpful.

Hope you get the decision quickly...

Marc

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
Re: Passport Request

[/quote]

Thanks for explaining it clearly. I'll let my husband know, he went to DHL and they said it would cost 500 pesos to send his passport and have an envelope for it to be returned in ( we are assuming that is the prepaid airway bill). I'm nervous about doing that in case it costs more and results in a delay. It also sounds like the visa office may send back pictures and other documents from the application, in which case it may cost more than 500 pesos. Did they return your documents with your passport?
I'm probably making a simple thing complicated but I don't want to risk any chance of a delay, lol.
Cheers :)

[/quote]

I think you are correct that they may send various documents back with the passport. It would be better to set up the account which charges your credit card instead of a prepaid cash airway bill. Fedex has these accounts just like FabiBeach said.

TobiNava

Jul 22, 2015
CANzanillo said:
ARC Authorization to Return to Canada If you have been the subject of a removal order from Canada you will probably need an Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC) if you want to return. Whether you need one depends on the type of removal order that was issued.

PGR Procuraduria General de la Republica As it relates to Permanent Residency Applicants from Mexico, it is a criminal record check report that you request from the "PGR" and submit to the Mexico City Visa Office - AT THEIR REQUEST - You first require an authorization letter from the Mexico City Visa Office which will be automatically sent to you at the appropriate stage of your application processing.

At the bottom of the spreadsheet page there are various tabs. At the far right end of the tabs is one called Acronyms. It explains the majority of the acronyms used in these forums.

Thank you, I have organized your data into the spreadsheet! Your timeline does not illustrate the correct color for where you are at in your process as it is looking for a couple key dates... AOR2 and/or PGR date (see below).

A couple questions to clarify a few things in your timeline? Do you know the exact date that the medical exams were done? Were you required to get a PGR police record check? if so what were the dates related to that event. The AOR2 you "should have" received, in the form of an email, after your Spousal Approval and before the request for interview. It marks the date at which the Mexico City Visa office officially acknowledges receipt of your application, and begins to actively work it. If you know/have that date it would be helpful.

Hope you get the decision quickly...

Marc
Hey Marc,

Just to answer a few questions...
My wife did the medical upfront on 07/01/2013. She never lived in Canada therefore she was not ordered to leave the country. I think the ARC is not needed.
We were not asked to get the PGR but we got it anyways to proof that my wife is a good person. We had huge trouble getting the FBI background check for her. First CIC did not accept the first original, FBI did not accept the fingerprints the second time,... Finally we got it and CIC accepted it. (waiting time around 16 weeks each).
Because of that we got lots of different criminal history checks just to show CIC that we do everything possible.

In regards to AOR 2. I would say it´s 08/20/2014. We did not get any other email after that date except the FBI request and then the interview request. The last emails we got was that they received the FBI check and that our case is now in queue for review and then the invitation for the COA.

Hope I could clarify a bit.

Thanks again,
Tobi

nprendiz

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Nicaragua
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/05/2014
AOR Received.
2/26/2015, AOR2 6/23/2015
File Transfer...
2/27/2015
Med's Done....
10/15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24/7/2015
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/2015
CANANICA said:
Wow that's great to have you're PPR now. Seeing the timeline you share, we can can only hope in a few weeks we will receive the same request! Congratulations to you both!
Siiiii, I hope you get is soon. My husband and I, we were a really detail job with our application. We reviewed many many times each line of those, sent many proofs of our relationship and I think this is the result we waited. Due to my visa expire on Oct, 17th, I think I will be landing in Canada around first days of the month of September.
We wish you the best!!! Good luck!

Norma and Benoit

CanadaHonduras1234

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2015 and AOR2 29-04-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hey just wondering how we request notes on our file? We would like to see how things are going. Also has everyone so far been receiving AOR2 before the PPR?

Lovelycomplex

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 7th 2014
Doc's Request.
Jan 26th 2015-Marriage Certificate request
AOR Received.
Feb 11Th 2015 AOR2 AG 5th 2015-pgr
File Transfer...
SA- Feb 12Th 2015
Med's Done....
Medicals received on Ecas
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
Hi my friends please help me i have a question:

I will go to visit hubby next week using my TRV visa

So...If i get PGR request while i'm on Canada, can my mom go get it for me directly, of course i will send her my fingerprints taken in Canada and i will let her all she needs such as the ''Carta poder'' and everything ready.

And... can the ''Comprobante de domicilio'' be from my dad?

Thank you.

nprendiz

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Nicaragua
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/05/2014
AOR Received.
2/26/2015, AOR2 6/23/2015
File Transfer...
2/27/2015
Med's Done....
10/15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24/7/2015
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/2015
CanadaHonduras1234 said:
Hey just wondering how we request notes on our file? We would like to see how things are going. Also has everyone so far been receiving AOR2 before the PPR?
Hola CanadaHonduras, I received the AOR2Aa month before to receive my PPR, but of course to receive that was after 6 months of completely silence. Don't get discouraged. If all your application is well done, you will have excellent results as we had. Thanks God all my process have been taken around 7 months and I hope to land in Canada firsts days of September.
Good luck dear!

maguita

Star Member
Jun 7, 2015
Lovelycomplex said:
Hi my friends please help me i have a question:

I will go to visit hubby next week using my TRV visa

So...If i get PGR request while i'm on Canada, can my mom go get it for me directly, of course i will send her my fingerprints taken in Canada and i will let her all she needs such as the ''Carta poder'' and everything ready.

And... can the ''Comprobante de domicilio'' be from my dad?

Thank you.
maguita said:
Hi Lovely Complex,

I did take the fingerprints here in canada is $100 for 2 copies, then you have to take passport pictures 3 front and 3 right side no makeup no earrings nothing, here the price is $60 so I will better bring the pictures from Mexico, and then just your passport photocopy. Then, since the finger prints are in a big folder and cant be fold you will need to pay DHL Or fedex $100 to send it to Mexico, here you can see all details of what you need for the crimanl record if you are in Canada. There is no need of any prove of address or carta poder..... I am in the process of that at this moment and this is what the embassy sent me cause they do the procedure for you.

Please provide the following original police certificate for you:
Federal Police Certificate (Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales) issued by the Procuraduría General de la República (PGR) *Mexican state police certificates will not be accepted.
To obtain the Federal police certificate issued by the PGR an official signed letter is being sent via e- mail today.
For more information, please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp
AND
http://www.pgr.gob.mx/servicios/constancia/antecedentes%20registrales.asp

If you live outside Mexico, please visit:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/outside-mexico.asp

Good luck!!!

TobiNava

Jul 22, 2015
Although I´m a super newbie on this thread and I haven´t contributed anything I would like to give hope to people patiently waiting for their loved ones to be approved.
My wife just got the PPR (07/27/2015). CIC did not request the PGR.
It took roughly 2 weeks from invitation for COA to PPR.
Soon we will be together :)

Soon it will be over for you guys as well!!!

Yeeaaahhh ;D

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
TobiNava said:
Although I´m a super newbie on this thread and I haven´t contributed anything I would like to give hope to people patiently waiting for their loved ones to be approved.
My wife just got the PPR (07/27/2015). CIC did not request the PGR.
It took roughly 2 weeks from invitation for COA to PPR.
Soon we will be together :)

Soon it will be over for you guys as well!!!

Yeeaaahhh ;D
Wow! Spectacular! You must have a special wife not to have had the PGR request. ;) Keep us posted on the specific dates for when you sent your passport, when MCVO received it and when you get it back. I have updated the spreadsheet with your PPR date and will do so as you provide more data. Congratulations!!

Thanks for sharing that!

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
viksukh said:
I just recived PPR...im so happy!!!!
Outstanding! You are just about there!! To date 256 days from application received to passport request, or 8.5 months. only a few weeks left!

Please provide us with the date you send the passport and the date MCVO receives it so that I can include it in the spreadsheet. It's nice to see the turn around times for the passport.

Looks like MCVO is working hard to finish up 2014 applications :)

Thanks!

fabibeach

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-20-2014
Doc's Request.
02-20-2015
AOR Received.
none; SA Received on: 12-15-2014; AOR2: 02-20-2015
File Transfer...
12-15-2014
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 07-02-2015 DM: 07-07-2015 COPR received: 07-09-2015
LANDED..........
08-15-2015
Re: Passport Request

Playa08 said:
fabibeach said:
Congrats Playa!!! Yay!!! Super good news!!
Your husband will receive passport back approximately one weekl after you send it to VO. So yes, you guy are super close to the end!
Glad to see things moving fast in the Mexico office and very glad to see the ARC´s are processed quickly too.
Try to set up an account with Fedex with a credit card, write this account number down, when you go to the fedex office ask them for an extra envelope and a guide to fill out, write the number of your account on this guide on the part where it says payment, select the option that indicates whatever cost must be charged to that account, and placethis guide on the envelope, you will send passport and this extra envelope that VO will use to send your documents back. They will not pay for it and will not send it unless it is clear that it is either already paid for or that it will be charged to some account.
Then you will receive Passport and COPR!!!
That´s it!!!
Congrats again for you and Hubby!!!

Thanks for explaining it clearly. I'll let my husband know, he went to DHL and they said it would cost 500 pesos to send his passport and have an envelope for it to be returned in ( we are assuming that is the prepaid airway bill). I'm nervous about doing that in case it costs more and results in a delay. It also sounds like the visa office may send back pictures and other documents from the application, in which case it may cost more than 500 pesos. Did they return your documents with your passport?
I'm probably making a simple thing complicated but I don't want to risk any chance of a delay, lol.
Cheers :)
Sorry I just logged in....yes they sent me back a lot of the evidence, because we had sent a lot! They returned all our pics, letters, my original birth and marriage certificate and it seems they kept all translations and original medical exam and original PGR.
It was like 4.5 kgs (two envelopes) and it was charged to my card $372 pesos for both, so probably $500 will cover the cost of returning your husband´s passport, documents and COPR!.

Congrats playa!!!! :)

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
We got PPR this morning. Super excited. We hadn't had any news since March 3 when we sent our PGR. I was gettting really worried but we finallt got it.

Luna21

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-04-2015..........SA email 21-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-02-2015
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01/15/2015
viksukh said:
I just recived PPR...im so happy!!!!
Omg!! Just one week from AOR2!!! Congratulations to you and nprendiz!!! :D this is really good news, they're working super fast!