+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

JustOso

Jan 22, 2015
jack87 said:
No it doesn't. They only post whether they received the medicals on ECAS but they don't post anything to do with police checks.

Maybe you're right - it took Mississauga nearly 3 months to give us SA (processing time was ~2 months then) and it happened shortly after our lawyer sent an enquiry on our behalf. I also ordered GCMS notes about a week and a half ago. My wife just says I should be happy they have my police certificate now heh. I'm just a worry wart.

Good luck to your hubby on his interview on Tuesday!!!
Do not rely on ECAS for updates from this Visa Office.

My spouse's upfront medical exam was submitted (along with all other required documentation: backgrounds checks, paid right or PR, et cetera) and has remained 'in process' since June 20, 2014.

The upfront medical exam (valid for 1 year) expired in their possession. They said they sent an email about it - they did not. They called and said they would email another letter about more medical requirements - they did not.

After 5 official email queries to the Visa Office (where I explain that we have yet to receive anything) I finally get a reply stating that according to their records, not only was this letter sent but that we have 90 days (now 60 days!!) left to respond.

ECAS was not updated for any of the above.

I am now in contact with my MP regarding this gong show.

jack87

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PCs: 29-08-2014
AOR Received.
SA: 01-08-2014 AOR2: 29-08-2014
File Transfer...
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
27-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-06-2015
Do not rely on ECAS for updates from this Visa Office.

My spouse's upfront medical exam was submitted (along with all other required documentation: backgrounds checks, paid right or PR, et cetera) and has remained 'in process' since June 20, 2014.

The upfront medical exam (valid for 1 year) expired in their possession. They said they sent an email about it - they did not. They called and said they would email another letter about more medical requirements - they did not.

After 5 official email queries to the Visa Office (where I explain that we have yet to receive anything) I finally get a reply stating that according to their records, not only was this letter sent but that we have 90 days (now 60 days!!) left to respond.

ECAS was not updated for any of the above.

I am now in contact with my MP regarding this gong show.
Geez I'm so sorry to hear you're going through all of that!! And I agree, don't rely on ECAS for the Mexico City VO. I remember someone else on this thread said her husband had "Application received" on his ECAS all the time, even after he got his COPR.

jack87

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PCs: 29-08-2014
AOR Received.
SA: 01-08-2014 AOR2: 29-08-2014
File Transfer...
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
27-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-06-2015
This is actually good news - they got back to you relatively quickly and you now know they aren't waiting for anything from you Smiley
Yeah, it only took them 2 days and a half to respond! ;D Now I'm just waiting for GCMS notes.

MexCan123

Feb 23, 2015
Hey everyone here,
I read through the first 40 pages when I guess I should have mostly skipped to the last 40.
I read that when you send in the application (I am sending mine in for common law, along with the sponsoship forms) that you do not need to send in the police clearance until they ask for it. Is that true? And what about the medical exam? Do you need to send that in when you are sending all the other things to Missassuga? Or do you also wait until they ask for it?
I was going to do it all together, but if it can wait then better.
And about the sponsoship - I have been living in Mexico for the past 6 years. I am guessing that I need a affidavit to sign for me since I cannot prove my income from living here. I am going to ask my father about that.. but how does that work? He finds a place where there is a witness who confirms everything?? My father is in the GTA, I am in DF. I am just not sure how the sponsorship part works since I have been here so long. I give private English classes part time.

fabibeach

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-20-2014
Doc's Request.
02-20-2015
AOR Received.
none; SA Received on: 12-15-2014; AOR2: 02-20-2015
File Transfer...
12-15-2014
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 07-02-2015 DM: 07-07-2015 COPR received: 07-09-2015
LANDED..........
08-15-2015
Going tomorrow to PGR to request my police clearance, I hope they don´t take too long as I only have two hours from lunch break which I intend to use to get this done.
:) Cheers! I´ll let you know how it went.

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
MexCan123 said:
Hey everyone here,
I read through the first 40 pages when I guess I should have mostly skipped to the last 40.
I read that when you send in the application (I am sending mine in for common law, along with the sponsoship forms) that you do not need to send in the police clearance until they ask for it. Is that true? And what about the medical exam? Do you need to send that in when you are sending all the other things to Missassuga? Or do you also wait until they ask for it?
I was going to do it all together, but if it can wait then better.
And about the sponsoship - I have been living in Mexico for the past 6 years. I am guessing that I need a affidavit to sign for me since I cannot prove my income from living here. I am going to ask my father about that.. but how does that work? He finds a place where there is a witness who confirms everything?? My father is in the GTA, I am in DF. I am just not sure how the sponsorship part works since I have been here so long. I give private English classes part time.
You do NOT send in the police clearance until you are asked for it by Mexico City VO. You DO need to provide your medical exam up front, included with the principle applicant and spousal sponsorship application forms that you submit to CIC in Mississauga. Regarding your income while in Mexico you should include a letter explaining your current situation and, I would assume, your intention to find work once you are landed in Canada - in as much detail as possible - Perhaps others can chime in on this last point... Wishing you success in your application!

MexCan123

Feb 23, 2015
CANzanillo said:
You do NOT send in the police clearance until you are asked for it by Mexico City VO. You DO need to provide your medical exam up front, included with the principle applicant and spousal sponsorship application forms that you submit to CIC in Mississauga. Regarding your income while in Mexico you should include a letter explaining your current situation and, I would assume, your intention to find work once you are landed in Canada - in as much detail as possible - Perhaps others can chime in on this last point... Wishing you success in your application!
Thank you so much! I was curious as I have read quite a few people saying they sent in the medical and then it expired.. it's not cheap, so I was wondering. Ok, we will wait for the police report then.
I was thinking of writing about what you mentioned above concerning income and what we plan on doing once moving back. I am not sure if the Canadian visa asks for an Affidavit Form like they do in the US. I read somewhere that the income report isn't as important for the Canadian visa. Thanks so much!

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
MexCan123 said:
Thank you so much! I was curious as I have read quite a few people saying they sent in the medical and then it expired.. it's not cheap, so I was wondering. Ok, we will wait for the police report then.
I was thinking of writing about what you mentioned above concerning income and what we plan on doing once moving back. I am not sure if the Canadian visa asks for an Affidavit Form like they do in the US. I read somewhere that the income report isn't as important for the Canadian visa. Thanks so much!
You can wait on the medical exams but it delays the application, therefore it is generally best to submit it along with the application (it takes long enough as it is). Have it done as close as possible to when you will send in your applications for maximum longevity (one year). I don't recall about an affidavit but i recommend familiarizing yourself with the application guidelines. It is my understanding that there is no minimum income requirement for spousal approval (though I'm sure having an income would help), not sure if that applies in a common-law relationship (i would think it would). The more proof and evidences that you can provide, the better. A good solid plan for once you land is important. Good luck!

fabibeach

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-20-2014
Doc's Request.
02-20-2015
AOR Received.
none; SA Received on: 12-15-2014; AOR2: 02-20-2015
File Transfer...
12-15-2014
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 07-02-2015 DM: 07-07-2015 COPR received: 07-09-2015
LANDED..........
08-15-2015
fabibeach said:
Going tomorrow to PGR to request my police clearance, I hope they don´t take too long as I only have two hours from lunch break which I intend to use to get this done.
Hi!!! I just came back from PGR.....I don´t know if your case will be different than mine because I am a mexican citizen, so the VO sent me a letter to bring to PGR requesting my police clearance to be done.
It was easy and fast, took me exactly two hours of my time to get it all done.....now I just have to wait 8 days and call to ask if it´s ready. Then go pick it up, get it translated and send it back to VO to continue processing.
Good thing: there was not too many people nor long lines to wait.
Bad thing: You go to PGR building first, on Insurgentes Avenue where they check your documents and THEN they send you to ANOTHER office on Rio Consulado Avenue to get your fingerprints, so this probably adds one hour more to the whole process that could be easily all done in 30-40 mins.
So just bring all your papers complete, including payment, and things will be easy. Everybody was nice, friendly and helpful.
What I can also tell you is that when VO requests you to get your police clearance done, they do send you very specific instructions with great detail.

Hope this helps anyone.

charalito

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-01-2015
Med's Request
28-01-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
Passport Req..
24-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
fabibeach said:
Here's hoping you have a speeding process! I'm quite impressed with the PGR: they promise to have the certificate in 10 business days, but in our case, we got a call on day 3 saying that it was ready. Wish it was that easy all the time :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fabibeach said:
Hi!!! I just came back from PGR.....I don´t know if your case will be different than mine because I am a mexican citizen, so the VO sent me a letter to bring to PGR requesting my police clearance to be done.
It was easy and fast, took me exactly two hours of my time to get it all done.....now I just have to wait 8 days and call to ask if it´s ready. Then go pick it up,get it translatedand send it back to VO to continue processing.
Good thing: there was not too many people nor long lines to wait.
Bad thing: You go to PGR building first, on Insurgentes Avenue where they check your documents and THEN they send you to ANOTHER office on Rio Consulado Avenue to get your fingerprints, so this probably adds one hour more to the whole process that could be easily all done in 30-40 mins.
So just bring all your papers complete, including payment, and things will be easy. Everybody was nice, friendly and helpful.
What I can also tell you is that when VO requests you to get your police clearance done, they do send you very specific instructions with great detail.

Hope this helps anyone.
TIP: You don't need to get it translated. Just drop it off at the Embassy :)

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
OhCanadiana said:
TIP: You don't need to get it translated. Just drop it off at the Embassy :)
Are you sure about that? It says clearly that all documents not in either English or French need to be translated.

fatimafnts

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 27/14
AOR Received.
Jan 13/15 & AOR2 Mar 18/15
File Transfer...
Jan 21/15
Med's Done....
Jul 14/14
Passport Req..
May 5/15
Has anyone sent like an updated package of pictures and stuff? Our application should be in Mexico but we have not yet received AOR. We have taken a couple more trips since we sent our application, he's met my extended family, etc. Would this be helpful? I feel like it'd save us the time of a possible interview. We don't even have his Client ID yet so I wouldn't know where to send them but I wanted to have it ready in case you guys have done it too or think it's a good idea.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JAMO1973 said:
Are you sure about that? It says clearly that all documents not in either English or French need to be translated.
Yes. Since it's the Embassy in Mexico that handles Mexican police certificates, they rely on the original (in Spanish).
Or at least they have historically. ;)

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
OhCanadiana said:
Yes. Since it's the Embassy in Mexico that handles Mexican police certificates, they rely on the original (in Spanish).
Or at least they have historically. ;)
I'm asking because we are getting our pgr certificate in a day or 2 and the letter I received from CIC stated that all documents not in English or French MUST be translated. Thanks for the info