06-02-2015
Passport Req..
24-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
JAMO1973 said:
My wife is Mexican and so the embassy sent us a letter requesting her to get the record check. But I just read in this thread somebody talking about fingerprints and I wasn't sure if she needed those too. In the letter it didn't mention anything about fingerprints.
The record check (PGR Constancia de datos registrales) includes the fingerprint. Done from within Mexico, someone will take the applicant's prints when applying for the constancia. When the applicant is out of the country, the fingerprint card is requested (see http://www.pgr.gob.mx/Servicios/Constancia/antecedentes%20registrales.asp and here). Options for processing the PCC from outside Mexico are to give a friend/relative a carta poder or to have the Canadian Embassy process it directly.

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
Re: PGR Letter

OhCanadiana said:
The instructions at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/outside-mexico.asp are correct for people who do not reside in Mexico. The Embassy of Canada in Mexico will process the PGR background check for you.

As soon as you have a file number assigned (usually with SA), send a letter with the info they ask for (name, DOB, visa office processing file, file number, confirmation you live abroad, etc) plus fingerprints, photographs, and copy of your passport bio page to the Embassy address in the link requesting the PGR background check.

You do not need to submit payment with the request (since you submit your own fingerprints and the PGR isn't providing that service) but be prepared to wait a bit longer than the 10 days it takes if you are in Mexico (hence my suggestion to proactively send the request in as soon as you have a file number).

You do not need to submit a pre-paid waybill; the Embassy of Canada in Mexico will input the results directly into your file.
Thank you, that's helpful advice. I was under the impression that we had to wait for a request letter from the visa office abroad. We do have a file number beginning with F as well as the sponsorship approval letter and proof that the application has been received in Paris, so I guess it'd be a good idea to request the police check now?

How long do you think it'll take to be processed?

Lovelycomplex

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 7th 2014
Doc's Request.
Jan 26th 2015-Marriage Certificate request
AOR Received.
Feb 11Th 2015 AOR2 AG 5th 2015-pgr
File Transfer...
SA- Feb 12Th 2015
Med's Done....
Medicals received on Ecas
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
Hello my friends, my husband.. The sponsor... Received SA yesterday, i'm currently visiting canads. I did not send my medicals and they sent in the SA letter that i "the sponsored person" have to send them to mexico. My question is... If i'm in Canada visiting, how do i get them done(upfront or the otherway) because i already booked an appointment, but have 2 ways to send them upfront or when they ask for them. I ask forthe upfront since my VO haven't send me any request or form. Is just the SA that says i should send them. Now, i don't know what to do, bc the very grumpy lady that ñ answered the phone for the medicals didn't explain me what is going to happen. She said she will send my medicals once they are done. But where? Can they send them to the VO in mexico? So i don't have to send anything to the mexican embassy? They will?
Thanks i'm very confused.

jack87

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PCs: 29-08-2014
AOR Received.
SA: 01-08-2014 AOR2: 29-08-2014
File Transfer...
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
27-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-06-2015
So an update on our case:

In late August (almost September) of 2014, we received AOR from the Mexico City VO as well as a document request for an RCMP certificate (I've been living in Canada for many years so this makes sense) and my PGR. Since I am living in Canada with my wife, I had our lawyer's assistant send my fingerprints to the VO first, then my RCMP certificate which I obtained in mid-September, later. We didn't realize that the lawyer's assistant was silly and sent both through Canada Post!

In mid-October the VO sent us an e-mail stating that they received my RCMP certificate, but not my fingerprints for the PGR and I asked the assistant to send a new set of fingerprints again and I only found out afterwards that she had used Canada Post, which hands over the items to be mailed to the Mexican postal system so you can imagine how long that takes, and no tracking! I had a deadline of 120 days from the end of August so I got yet a new set of fingerprints and had the assistant send them through Fedex. The tracking number showed the VO received the fingerprints, and our lawyer got confirmation from the VO that they had received the fingerprints and that they would get the PGR for me.

We have not heard anything from the VO since and my medicals are set to expire in 2 weeks. I have ordered GCMS notes to see what's the delay, but the lack of communication is driving us nuts!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: PGR Letter

MissRepresentation said:
Thank you, that's helpful advice. I was under the impression that we had to wait for a request letter from the visa office abroad. We do have a file number beginning with F as well as the sponsorship approval letter and proof that the application has been received in Paris, so I guess it'd be a good idea to request the police check now?

How long do you think it'll take to be processed?
You don't need the request letter. Just send them all the documents they request in the link I posted earlier. For the photographs, take a look at the instructions on the PGR website directly too:

Dos fotografías a color sin retoque, tamaño pasaporte o filiación (tamaño 4.5 x 3.5 cm.), una de frente y una de perfil derecho, preferentemente que salga únicamente el rostro (fondo blanco, sin maquillaje, sin labios ni ojos pintados, sin lentes, sin aretes, sin piercing, sin barba, sin bigote, cabeza, frente y orejas descubiertos y sin portar prenda que impida la plena identificación de la persona y tomada con una anterioridad no mayor a 30 días a la solicitud de la constancia).
(http://www.pgr.gob.mx/Servicios/Constancia/antecedentes%20registrales.asp)

The Embassy of Canada in Mexico will tell you it will take something-that-will-seem-like-forever (8+ weeks) but it shouldn't take that long in reality. The PGR gets it done in under a week.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
We just received a request for the PGR check and to update 1 form. Does anybody know if this means they have reviewed our file and we're close to a DM or is this done at the beginning of the whole process?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lovelycomplex said:
Hello my friends, my husband.. The sponsor... Received SA yesterday, i'm currently visiting canads. I did not send my medicals and they sent in the SA letter that i "the sponsored person" have to send them to mexico. My question is... If i'm in Canada visiting, how do i get them done(upfront or the otherway) because i already booked an appointment, but have 2 ways to send them upfront or when they ask for them. I ask forthe upfront since my VO haven't send me any request or form. Is just the SA that says i should send them. Now, i don't know what to do, bc the very grumpy lady that ñ answered the phone for the medicals didn't explain me what is going to happen. She said she will send my medicals once they are done. But where? Can they send them to the VO in mexico? So i don't have to send anything to the mexican embassy? They will?
Thanks i'm very confused.
The Panel Physician will send the results to the Regional Medical Office who will process the results and submit them to the visa office. Just make sure the doctor you go to is on the list at http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jack87 said:
So an update on our case:

In late August (almost September) of 2014, we received AOR from the Mexico City VO as well as a document request for an RCMP certificate (I've been living in Canada for many years so this makes sense) and my PGR. Since I am living in Canada with my wife, I had our lawyer's assistant send my fingerprints to the VO first, then my RCMP certificate which I obtained in mid-September, later. We didn't realize that the lawyer's assistant was silly and sent both through Canada Post!

In mid-October the VO sent us an e-mail stating that they received my RCMP certificate, but not my fingerprints for the PGR and I asked the assistant to send a new set of fingerprints again and I only found out afterwards that she had used Canada Post, which hands over the items to be mailed to the Mexican postal system so you can imagine how long that takes, and no tracking! I had a deadline of 120 days from the end of August so I got yet a new set of fingerprints and had the assistant send them through Fedex. The tracking number showed the VO received the fingerprints, and our lawyer got confirmation from the VO that they had received the fingerprints and that they would get the PGR for me.

We have not heard anything from the VO since and my medicals are set to expire in 2 weeks. I have ordered GCMS notes to see what's the delay, but the lack of communication is driving us nuts!
I would send a case specific enquiry including the FedEx label and ask them to confirm the PGR has been completed. It should be by now but it wouldn't hurt to double check.

Frankly, the RCMP request may also be indicative of them doing additional background checks for some reason (e.g., someone with your name -or a similar name - and DOB has some sort of record that popped up in their search and they need to rule out that it is you).

The GCMS notes will give you additional insight.

ETA - The medical results expiration may be extended (at the discretion of the Officer and depending on countries visited/lived in). Take a look at my thread over at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/medical-exam-validity-extension-for-additional-12-months-new-cic-bulletin-t106229.0.html for the details on this.

jack87

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
27-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-06-2015
Thanks OhCanadiana!

I would send a case specific enquiry including the FedEx label and ask them to confirm the PGR has been completed. It should be by now but it wouldn't hurt to double check.
The Mexico VO has been pretty good about responding to my lawyer's e-mails - would you suggest e-mailing the VO directly instead of going through the case specific enquiry process?

Frankly, the RCMP request may also be indicative of them doing additional background checks for some reason (e.g., someone with your name -or a similar name - and DOB has some sort of record that popped up in their search and they need to rule out that it is you).
One of my surnames (mom's maiden surname) is pretty uncommon, so it's weird that someone would have a similar name to mine if they're checking the full name. However, I usually go by my first name and my first surname and I indicated this in my application, and that combination of names is very common - I guess they would check all aliases as well as the full name.

At this point, the only thing I can think of that's delaying the process is the background checks so I guess it must be related to the RCMP request I got in August. We'll see what shows up in my GCMS notes next month, I suppose. More waiting... ???

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jack87 said:
Thanks OhCanadiana!
jack87 said:
The Mexico VO has been pretty good about responding to my lawyer's e-mails - would you suggest e-mailing the VO directly instead of going through the case specific enquiry process?
If you've been e-mailing a specific officer (e.g., they sent you a request) replying to the e-mail directly may go back to that officer (it will be transparent to you but the programming handles it behind the scenes). That being said, the staff that answers the case specific enquiries could easily check the status of your PGR check. In case you want to take a look, the case specific enquiry form is available at https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=mexico

jack87 said:
One of my surnames (mom's maiden surname) is pretty uncommon, so it's weird that someone would have a similar name to mine if they're checking the full name. However, I usually go by my first name and my first surname and I indicated this in my application, and that combination of names is very common - I guess they would check all aliases as well as the full name.
Yes, and partial matches also can generate 'hits.' Even when you sell a house, even if 2 of 3 names match the background check comes back with a 'hit' so it wouldn't surprise me to see that here either. Hopefully it resolves itself soon if this is the cuase.

jack87 said:
At this point, the only thing I can think of that's delaying the process is the background checks so I guess it must be related to the RCMP request I got in August. We'll see what shows up in my GCMS notes next month, I suppose. More waiting... ???
Try to bear with it until you see your notes. There are certain things that seem to be batch processed during applications so you won't really know what's happening until you see your notes (or get a request for additional info).

JustOso

Jan 22, 2015
Additional Medical from Mexico Visa Office

Hey Everyone,

VO Mexico has requested that my spouse complete an additional medical exam and have it submitted within 90 days.

VO Mexico says that a letter of request was sent 3 weeks ago, however, we've received nothing!!

Does anyone have experience with this situation?

Or know if the additional medical exam is a standardized IMM file that I can download and take to a panel physician?

jack87

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
27-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-06-2015
Ok, so I wrote the following e-mail to their inquiry e-mail address and I received confirmation of receipt of that e-mail as soon as I sent it.

To whom it may concern,

In late October of 2014, my representative sent your office two sets of fingerprints required to obtain a Mexican Federal Police Certificate from the PGR on my behalf. On November 5, 2014, your office confirmed receipt of these documents via FEDEX. Since then, we have received no communication from your office. I have attached a copy of the fingerprints and other documents my representative sent your office in October of 2014, along with a copy of the FEDEX label.

May you confirm that a Mexican Federal Police Certificate from the PGR was obtained by your office using the fingerprints we submitted? If so, is any more action required on our part?

Thank you for your attention,

XXXXX XXXX XXXXX XXXXX

jack87

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
27-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-06-2015
Hey Everyone,

VO Mexico has requested that my spouse complete an additional medical exam and have it submitted within 90 days.

VO Mexico says that a letter of request was sent 3 weeks ago, however, we've received nothing!!

Does anyone have experience with this situation?

Or know if the additional medical exam is a standardized IMM file that I can download and take to a panel physician?
Didn't you say an officer actually called your spouse about two weeks ago and specifically requested new medicals? I don't think you have to wait for an official letter or IMM file to go get it - shouldn't you be able to do it just like the upfront medicals you submitted with your initial application? I haven't been asked to do new medicals (yet) but I never needed any IMM file to get the upfront medicals.

JustOso

Jan 22, 2015
jack87 said:
Didn't you say an officer actually called your spouse about two weeks ago and specifically requested new medicals? I don't think you have to wait for an official letter or IMM file to go get it - shouldn't you be able to do it just like the upfront medicals you submitted with your initial application? I haven't been asked to do new medicals (yet) but I never needed any IMM file to get the upfront medicals.
Well, in theory, I suppose my spouse could just go back to the panel physician where the upfront medical exam was done.

But without direction from VO Mexico... what additional tests should the doctor do? More x-rays? Another round of blood screening?

Don't want to waste time/money putting together something that will be rejected.

Will have to call the doc to see if he knows what Mexico wants. Hopefully he has done this on prior occasion.

Playa08

Star Member
Nov 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
26-09-2014
AOR Received.
27-08-2014
File Transfer...
27-08-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Processing Time After All Documents are Submitted

Hello,

We applied for common-law sponsorship in May 2014. We finally have all our requested documents in and received an e-mail saying we are in queue and our application will be processed in the order it was received. Does anyone have any idea of how long it takes to hear a response once you are at this stage. Thanks :)