+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

MrD

Nov 2, 2013
OhCanadiana said:
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding =)

Yes, you can get the medical exam conducted by any Panel Physician. Just keep in mind that the closer you get the medical exam to the date you mail the application, the more flexibility you'll have later with the landing date and the less likely you'll need to redo the medical exam (since it expires 12 months after the day it was conducted and can be extended to max 15 months if everything else is done) so try to mail the application asap after the medical exam.
thanks!

another question

since i am in canada (been here for almost 2 years, student visa) and i think i need the medical check and a criminal check as well. Do i need to until i return to mexico for the criminal certificate? also do i have to translate it to english? or can i just apply without sending the criminal certificate? Can i apply in canada then leave? applying as outland.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrD said:
thanks!

another question

since i am in canada (been here for almost 2 years, student visa) and i think i need the medical check and a criminal check as well. Do i need to until i return to mexico for the criminal certificate? also do i have to translate it to english? or can i just apply without sending the criminal certificate? Can i apply in canada then leave? applying as outland.
Since you are living in Canada, you can have the Embassy of Canada in Mexico process your Mexican police certificates for you. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/outside-mexico.asp for the instructions. Include your UCI (which you should have from your student visa) in the letter you send them.

MrD

Nov 2, 2013
Another question sorry..

In the cic website where all the files to download are, do I need Send Part 3: Information guides? The questions there seem kinda strange, or do we only need to fill out Part 1: sponsorship forms and Part 2: immigration forms?

Also how long does the whole thing takes? Do they send you the pr to Mexico or how it works?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrD said:
Another question sorry..

In the cic website where all the files to download are, do I need Send Part 3: Information guides? The questions there seem kinda strange, or do we only need to fill out Part 1: sponsorship forms and Part 2: immigration forms?

Also how long does the whole thing takes? Do they send you the pr to Mexico or how it works?
You need to send the information requested in the country specific instructions included in Part 3: Information guides corresponding to the Visa Office you are applying through (you have a choice of requesting Mexico since you are a Mexican citizen or CPP-O - in Ottawa, but processes outland applications - since you have been legally admitted to Canada for at least one year based on your student visa).

The timing is available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp. Sponsorship approval, the first step (in CPC-M), takes about a month. The second step varies based on visa office (note that the timings on the web site reflect 80% of the cases so most are done significantly faster, the more nuanced data is published on data.gc.ca).

nzk0

Star Member
Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/03/13
AOR Received.
10/04/13
msprisci said:
Im going crazy here... I check my husband's email 3 times a day to see if he received anything from immigration.. Received AOR on May 22 and haven't heard from CIC since, and my hubby's medicals expire on January 4... Getting close. I hope they won't make us do it again, it's kinda they fault if we just lost 3 months. Anybody was in that situation and CIC gave an extension?

Bttmlt, have you received anything yet? I know you're in front of me in the pile of apps...!
I'm in the exact same boat as you. Got my AOR on the 26th of March and nothing since...

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
ARC REQUEST 21-02-14 ARC SEND 26-02-14
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
26 -03-2014 PASSPORT SEND 26-03-14
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
nzk0 said:
I'm in the exact same boat as you. Got my AOR on the 26th of March and nothing since...
I got my AOR on june 05th send additional documents on july 12th and nothing since either ... Im going crazy here !!!

MrD

Nov 2, 2013
Last thing just to make everything is sure, for now..

Are there any income requirements for her since she is the one sponsoring me? she is 19, works full time minimal wage

Do you need to pay something in order to sponsor someone or like having certain amount of money?

i ask this again because we want to make sure there are no income requirements for spousal because someone here told me there are NO income requirements that you only sign a paper compromising yourself to help your partner, we dont want her to be denied to become a sponsor!. According to her brothers you need to have at least 10 thousands and support your partner for 5 years and that it takes more than 5 years the process to become a PR..

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
Has anyone ever done their PGR in advance?

My app was forwarded to Mexico VO last month so its probably in a pile somewhere; I was thinking if I could get my PGR done in advance.
I do not reside in Mexico (but I am Mexican), so I would need to do what is detailed here (which is pretty much the full set of instructions): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/outside-mexico.asp

So I was thinking on sending those in advance, what you guys think?

pineapple87

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/may/13
Doc's Request.
ARC 04/april/14
AOR Received.
01/june/13
File Transfer...
09/july/13
Med's Done....
(2nd time) 19/june/14
Passport Req..
09/july/14
VISA ISSUED...
25/july/14
Hello Everyone! I received an email today from the MX VO requesting an updated version of Schedule A (IMM 5669), payment for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, a copy of a birth cert, more proof of relationship and a use of rep form (if needed). I never got AOR from them so this comes as a relief to know they do have my application and they are working on it!

I also want to point out that I'm the person being sponsored and this email was sent to me directly, as opposed to the AOR from Mississauga which was sent to my husband's email address.

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
scrls5 said:

My app was forwarded to Mexico VO last month so its probably in a pile somewhere; I was thinking if I could get my PGR done in advance.
I do not reside in Mexico (but I am Mexican), so I would need to do what is detailed here (which is pretty much the full set of instructions): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/outside-mexico.asp

Bump for any advice regarding this

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scrls5 said:

You can - and should - absolutely do this as soon as you have your sponsorship approval if you live abroad so you can quote the file number as they request. No need to wait for them to request it (especially since the request may come through regular mail) 8)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pineapple87 said:
Hello Everyone! I received an email today from the MX VO requesting an updated version of Schedule A (IMM 5669), payment for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, a copy of a birth cert, more proof of relationship and a use of rep form (if needed). I never got AOR from them so this comes as a relief to know they do have my application and they are working on it!

I also want to point out that I'm the person being sponsored and this email was sent to me directly, as opposed to the AOR from Mississauga which was sent to my husband's email address.
Congrats on seeing movement. Yes, all communication for phase 2 will go to the applicant so keep checking your e-mail. Make sure to read the e-mail in detail regarding the 'more proof of relationship' to address any detailed requests they may have around type of evidence ;)

gamyover

Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
Doc's Request.
8-11-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 CPC-M, 8-11-2013 Mexico VO
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-04-2014
may I asked they ask for a copy of your birth certificate or your husband's?

pineapple87

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/may/13
Doc's Request.
ARC 04/april/14
AOR Received.
01/june/13
File Transfer...
09/july/13
Med's Done....
(2nd time) 19/june/14
Passport Req..
09/july/14
VISA ISSUED...
25/july/14
OhCanadiana said:
Congrats on seeing movement. Yes, all communication for phase 2 will go to the applicant so keep checking your e-mail. Make sure to read the e-mail in detail regarding the 'more proof of relationship' to address any detailed requests they may have around type of evidence ;)
I thought they were going to keep communicating with him but now I know. Thank you! :)

pineapple87

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/may/13
Doc's Request.
ARC 04/april/14
AOR Received.
01/june/13
File Transfer...
09/july/13
Med's Done....
(2nd time) 19/june/14
Passport Req..
09/july/14
VISA ISSUED...
25/july/14
gamyover said:
may I asked they ask for a copy of your birth certificate or your husband's?
They asked for a copy of my birth cert (the person being sponsored).