+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

diditink

Oct 2, 2013
Hi everyone,
quick question, once your file is transfered to the VO in mexico, how long after do they contact us for the police certificate? I started the whole process in April 2013 and so far not been contacted for any additional documents or police certificate request. Thanks alot for your help.

gamyover

Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
Doc's Request.
8-11-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 CPC-M, 8-11-2013 Mexico VO
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-04-2014
ksimental said:
Welcome, diditink! If you want to know the exact date that CIC sent your file to Mexico City, you can call them and they will tell you. When I emailed the VO to ask them if they had received ours yet, they replied that they hadn't. Apparently, it takes a month or so to get transferred. With the answer that you received, I would say that they have your file and it's just waiting to be reviewed.
I was wondering if you call the embassy or CIC again. Any news from your file? This not knowing is starting driving me crazy and it's been just 2.5 months.

ksimental

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
03-08-2013
File Transfer...
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
gamyover said:
I was wondering if you call the embassy or CIC again. Any news from your file? This not knowing is starting driving me crazy and it's been just 2.5 months.
I sent a CSE this morning again. It took 49 minutes to get the exact same reply. It says, "Please note that your file has not been received yet at our office in Mexico City... Until we receive the completed application forms from CPC-Mississauga, we are not able to initiate the processing of this case."

I'm so mad! Where is it? Don't you think they would scan every application as soon as it got into the building just to confirm that it's there? Or is it sitting in a forgotten pile? Or did it not get there at all? Is it physically transferred or electronically or both? And if they screw up with something, it's not like they work faster on it to make up for their mistake, the whole application just goes to the back of the line. Our life goes to the back of the line. If CIC has to resend it, we've lost 2 months. I'm so frustrated I want to cry. I've been waiting for... nothing. Nothing has happened since I got SA. This whole system and process blows. There has got to be a better way.

ksimental

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
03-08-2013
File Transfer...
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
diditink said:
Hi everyone,
quick question, once your file is transfered to the VO in mexico, how long after do they contact us for the police certificate? I started the whole process in April 2013 and so far not been contacted for any additional documents or police certificate request. Thanks alot for your help.
I think it's supposed to be about 3 months after it arrives at the VO but, everything slowed down during the strike. If your file was sent in May, you should be receiving something soon. Have you tried send a case specific enquiry?

ksimental

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
03-08-2013
File Transfer...
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
So, I FINALLY got through to CIC after trying all day today. The guy that I talked to said "our file wasn't transferred. Well, it was. But, it wasn't. It looks like something "weird" is going on with it." (So helpful.) And then he sent me an email with the contact info for Mississauga. I've emailed them with a copy of the email from DF saying they don't have our file and now I guess we just wait and wait and wait some more. I am so effing irritated right now. At least I found out that the files are transferred physically and electronically even though they don't always receive them. How is it possible not to receive an electronic file? GRRRRRRRR. :mad:

gamyover

Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
Doc's Request.
8-11-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 CPC-M, 8-11-2013 Mexico VO
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-04-2014
ksimental said:
So, I FINALLY got through to CIC after trying all day today. The guy that I talked to said "our file wasn't transferred. Well, it was. But, it wasn't. It looks like something "weird" is going on with it." (So helpful.) And then he sent me an email with the contact info for Mississauga. I've emailed them with a copy of the email from DF saying they don't have our file and now I guess we just wait and wait and wait some more. I am so effing irritated right now. At least I found out that the files are transferred physically and electronically even though they don't always receive them. How is it possible not to receive an electronic file? GRRRRRRRR. :mad:
I don't understand what is so complicated about transfering a file nowadays, at least maybe now you have everything going ib the right way. I've been waiting to see if I heard from them but now I think I should send the CES in case they forgot to transfer it. I wonder why people working for the government is like that I miss just sending an email at work with important info, my boss just get mad lol. Anyway cheer up, lets hope everything goes straight forward for you from now on. Let you know when I heard from hem

pineapple87

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/may/13
Doc's Request.
ARC 04/april/14
AOR Received.
01/june/13
File Transfer...
09/july/13
Med's Done....
(2nd time) 19/june/14
Passport Req..
09/july/14
VISA ISSUED...
25/july/14
I submitted my app in May and according to Mississauga the file was "transferred" to VO in July but I never received anything from MX confirming. I'm now scared that my file is just...there. How do I send a CSE to them? I just want to know if they at least have the file.

ksimental

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
03-08-2013
File Transfer...
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
pineapple87 said:
I submitted my app in May and according to Mississauga the file was "transferred" to VO in July but I never received anything from MX confirming. I'm now scared that my file is just...there. How do I send a CSE to them? I just want to know if they at least have the file.
Hi pineapple87! You have every right to know where your file is, if it's being worked on, and what part of the process it is in. I truly believe that all VO's need to be more transparent about the cases they are working on. If the lines of communication were more open and consistent, less people would be freaking out and emailing them all the time. All VO's need to be held to a higher level of responsibility and accountability. They are dealing with people's lives and that is not something to be glib about.

This is where you can submit a CSE: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/mexico.asp

Under "enquiries" just click on "case specific".

Please let us know what they say. Good luck!

mask8

Aug 11, 2013
pineapple87 said:
My file was transferred in November, and I got AOR and ECAS update from MX in April. so it's not yet the time to worry about it :) It takes time unfortunately..

ksimental

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
03-08-2013
File Transfer...
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
gamyover said:
I don't understand what is so complicated about transfering a file nowadays, at least maybe now you have everything going ib the right way. I've been waiting to see if I heard from them but now I think I should send the CES in case they forgot to transfer it. I wonder why people working for the government is like that I miss just sending an email at work with important info, my boss just get mad lol. Anyway cheer up, lets hope everything goes straight forward for you from now on. Let you know when I heard from hem
Thanks, gamyover. It is so important to keep on top of these people. I hope everything is going well with yours.

diditink

Oct 2, 2013
gamyover said:
Yes im tempted to send an email to the VO of Mexico but I'm scared if I do so, they will just put my file way under others because when I sent them an email end of August for info, they told me that my file was waiting revision and would be dealt in order of receiving it... They also asked me to avoid getting in contact with them because it delays their work. This was sent to me during strike.
I heard that if we send them to often emails they might just get pissed and delay the process and THIS is what i don't want to happen. So any advice should I or not send them an email just to know when my file was transfered from Mississauga to Mexico or just wait?
If I were in Canada I would have called CIC and ask them but beeing in Panama, my only option is to send an email to mexico or just wait...
My brother is in Montréal, can he call CIC for me to check or not possible? Thanks everyone for your help and support ;)

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Diditink........

Personally i wouldnt bother them with too many case specific inquiries. If they told you that your application is waiting to be reviewed then its in mexico. Otherwise they would of told you they dont have it. You have to be patient. The process is not quick as hard as it is. The strike did prolong everything. My opinion is to just wait you will get something. There isnt too much cic call centre can do for you since the app is abroad. But if you want to contact them just to hear what i just told you then get your brother to 3 way them. I had to do that when i was visiting my hubby because our file never got transferred. Patience plays a big role in this process. And no your brother cant call them unless you sent in a " use of representative " form with your brothers information, in fact you as a sponsor cant even talk to cic unless you also filled out an use of representative form. And there is only one person that the " applicant" can allow to contact cic or the Vo on their behalf

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
ARC REQUEST 21-02-14 ARC SEND 26-02-14
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
26 -03-2014 PASSPORT SEND 26-03-14
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
hi guys for me it took 3 months to receive my AOR after they send my application to mexico :)

diditink

Oct 2, 2013
costacro said:
Diditink........

Personally i wouldnt bother them with too many case specific inquiries. If they told you that your application is waiting to be reviewed then its in mexico. Otherwise they would of told you they dont have it. You have to be patient. The process is not quick as hard as it is. The strike did prolong everything. My opinion is to just wait you will get something. There isnt too much cic call centre can do for you since the app is abroad. But if you want to contact them just to hear what i just told you then get your brother to 3 way them. I had to do that when i was visiting my hubby because our file never got transferred. Patience plays a big role in this process. And no your brother cant call them unless you sent in a " use of representative " form with your brothers information, in fact you as a sponsor cant even talk to cic unless you also filled out an use of representative form. And there is only one person that the " applicant" can allow to contact cic or the Vo on their behalf
Thanks, I will follow your advice and just be patient : ) Will keep u all posted.

Bibitte

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Hi all of u! After 4 months or hard work we have send our application :) We are so happy! Thanks all of u for your support :) You have helped me so much! Know we have to wait and wait... :-*