+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

miljay

Dec 17, 2009
Mississauga received the application end of october 2009, sent to mexico city novemeber 2009, received letter stating interview required in December 2009, and received date for interview February 2010. Interview date was March 25, 2010.

As for the Mexican woman working there, I am assuming that they would need Mexican speaking and English speaking people working there...i am not sure how it all works!

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
I just had my interview on March 24th, the lady was VERY VERY RUDE to me, but I found this to be the standard case for most people being there, as I was the last one to go in. I had my interview at 11am and they made me wait until 2:30pm. She kept contradicting everything I said. She was Mexican btw, and the interview was in Spanish, which I should say, I found very unpleasing since I wanted my interview to be in English. Anyway she didn't tell me if I had been approved or not, she said that I will get an answer in like a month or so. The thing with my case though, is that they don't know whether or not I need an ARC (Authorization to Return to Canada) so they said that they would check into that and let me know once they mail the letter.

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
Good luck with the result, it has to be good! I am so sick of hearing about rude interviewers - I just don't get the point. Anyway, keep us posted! I'm curious about everyone's dealings with D.F. We're not sure what to expect...

F

Fernandita

Yes, I would like to know how the agents in Mexico are... I just saw that in Colombia they are ok... Good luck!!1

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
Edgar and Miljay,

Just out of curiosty, did they ask you all the typical interview questions that have been posted before on this forum? Also, did you have the option to do the interview in English, or was it just in Spanish? Did your spouse/partner go with you, and if so, did they question them as well?

Ummm I think that's all the questions I have for now :) Good luck with everything and let us know how it went!

miljay

Dec 17, 2009
The questions asked were the typical ones that have been posted. But as Edgar had mentioned she would contradict everything answered. My husband had a choice of having the interview in Spanish or English. I was not obligated to go to the interview so I didn't (too expensive to fly back and forth all the time). So now I just sit and wait...

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
rachel6992 said:
Edgar and Miljay,

Just out of curiosty, did they ask you all the typical interview questions that have been posted before on this forum? Also, did you have the option to do the interview in English, or was it just in Spanish? Did your spouse/partner go with you, and if so, did they question them as well?

Ummm I think that's all the questions I have for now :) Good luck with everything and let us know how it went!
Well my case is not "typical" per se, so they focused mainly on why I didn't leave Canada when I was supposed to and things like that. She did ask a few questions about our relationship but not a lot really. My interview was in Spanish, and she didn't give me the option to choose, which really got me mad since I've been speaking fluent English for the past 14 years and I find this language to be more straightforward than Spanish. And nope my wife wasn't there, she's coming in two months and we really couldn't afford for her to come, not to mention that the letter that the embassy sent me said that she didn't need to be there, and that she couldn't attend unless we got a written authorization, so we just didn't bother.

As for extra evidence and things like that, I handed in about 15 pages of facebook wall posts, her flight confirmation, and about 50 new photos (added to the 300+ photos I had mailed originally) that we had taken from her latest trip down here, I couldn't print the chat logs because since I moved to Mexico City, I didn't have my printer with me, and the printer at the internet cafe was acting dumb, not to mention it was damn expensive and I was broke. She saw the evidence and said to me "You guys don't talk very often huh?" and I told her "As a matter of fact, we talk everyday" and she didn't say anything to me, also she started lecturing me on why her family didn't come to the wedding, and I told her that it was due to economical reasons, which was true, and she said to me "When a daughter marries, her family will do ANYTHING to see her get married, get a loan, sell stuff, anything" and I didn't tell her anything out of respect and to keep my professionalism, but in my mind I was like "Well maybe you should tell THEM that, how is that my problem or how do I have any control on that?" Just dumb things like those, right now I'm just waiting for the decision.

F

Fernandita

Ohh My family didnt come to the wedding either.. so i hope it wont be a problem if i decide to apply outland... We are thinking to visit my husband family this fall.. I think that will help...

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fernandita,

I saw you applied inland but now are thinking of applying outland. How long have you been waiting?

Best of luck!

Reactions: Meibyram18
F

Fernandita

1 year.. But I got a letter from Local CIC that they will review my file in february 2012 because they are busy and they have others priorities... and I went to Local CIC and they told me that it could be later than february 2012....

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh my! Fernandita, I am so sorry. :eek:

I can understand why you are considering withdrawing your application.

Did you even get AIP? Again, so sorry and best of luck. Keep us posted.

F

Fernandita

Nop i think you dont get AIP when your file is transferred to local CIC to review... Thanks I hope all this will be over soon, sometimes I just want to leave this and go home...

MexiCana

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Done....
17-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
Thought I would come in and say hi. I am Canadian and sponsoring my Mexican CL partner, however we are applying through Buffalo as he has been legally resident in Canada for the requisite period and has a 10 year entry visa to the US in the event he is called in for an interview.

Any Mexicans applying through Buffalo? I wonder if we will be asked to interview.

My partner may post from this account as well so if you read two different voices in our posts that's because there are!

Good luck to all y saludos a todos

Cana

CANADAMEXICO

Mar 26, 2010
Well, just to share our interview experience specifically:

My husband attended his PR interview in Mexico City. It took place 8 months after we initially sent our application in. He said the mexican woman was nice/straighforward. It was in Spanish even though we requested English, because he too has been speaking perfect english for over 5 years. He says she asked him only 3 questions: about the genuity of our relationship, about a legitimately declined refugee claim long ago, and about why he first came to canada.
At the end of the interview, the interviewer said she believed in the genuity of our relationship and was recommending approval.

Unfortunately the ARC interview 7 months later was much more brutal. Before my husband even sat down,the officer stated he had already thought our application through and was declining. The interview was just a chance for my husband to change the officer's mind (apparently). It was a man with multiple tattoos and earrings, from Quebec. He was mean and discouraging. He said he didn't care about our relationship, even said "yah, you're in love, blah blah blah, i'm not disputing that", but mainly focused on the "why didn't you leave canada", etc. issue.
He made several comments about my ability to simply move to mexico to be with my husband and that we could do rather well there (hah! i barely speak a word of spanish, maybe 1 short sentence, and would need to apply for residency in order to work there, i think minimum wage is $4 a day???---and the process takes a long time). Not to mention being away from my family and handing the keys to our house over to the bank and abandoning my entire life. Nice work buddy!
Anyway, my husband was calm and answered his questions.
In the end, he asked if the application was really declined, the office confirmed, yes it was on the spot! As he was convinced that we
could start a life in Mexico.
Is this a recruitment office? or Immigration? Boy! they are trying hard to bring some blondes down there!

Anyway, i really don't think you can judge how your application will turn out if it's given in Spanish or English, and by what questions they ask you. It's all strategy and probably different approach from one applicant to the next. It's nice to have a little hope in the meantime while you're waiting for the response though. In our case, even though he said we were declined we still rationalized that perhaps it was some sort of strategy to see how my husband would react.

Well that's our interiew story.

Other than that, we did get a positive response regarding the genuity of our relationship, just to let you know, my parents/sisters did not attend our wedding in Mexico. They don't even have passports and have never travelled out of the country. We did provide statements from my parents about their full support of our relationship/wedding and a brief explanation as to why they did not attend our wedding (financial hardship/work obligations/lack of travel experience/no passports/planning celebration upon his return). Also, my father had a heartattack (unrelated!) the day before our wedding, so was really good they didn't come or he would probably not be alive right now. We didn't even have a set wedding day when i went there because we weren't sure how long it would take to get a wedding permit and the authorities gave us a really hard time down there. It took 1 1/2 weeks and my trip was 2 weeks.My husband's parents and family friends absolutely did attend though. We even had a Mormon missioner interpret in English the vows for me (as they were all in Spanish). We were married by a local Judge's secretary. Long story!) ha ha
Also, we were not married with wedding rings. His mom showed up late and forgot to bring them.
I also didn't change my last name to his, upon returning to Canada.
We don't have insurance policies in each other's names (we're a bit young for that).
I haven't even had the time to do our joint taxes even.

But we have been together a long time. Have the support of family and friends. Provided emails, 3rd party emails (he and my mom/ me and his mom), phone records (showing an exuberant amount of talk time), also, about 10 pages worth of calling cards in addition to phone records. A "selection" of pictures. Plane tickets. Event tickets and receipts and lots and lots of letters/cards back and forth. Also some money transfers from when i was in University and he sent money to his starving student girlfriend (me). I'd have to say, proof of interaction between each other's families definitely helps. Our file was about 4" to 5" thick.

Hope our info helps.

F

Fernandita

Ohh thanks I cant believe it!! that he said move to Mexico!! Im afraid to do the outland application .. Now we have more proofs but my husband is very scared that we do it outland and later i cant come back to canada!!! but i think is worth it.. if is faster processing instead of waiting 3 or 4 years....