+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

oso1711

Jan 19, 2010
Hi i sent everything to cic missousaga on january and i have my interview on may 18, i have been reading about the interview , the agents, the questions just to have a clear idea what its going to happen there, for the police certificates its something really really good , that means u r really close to the end of the nightmare to be a sponsor and sponsored.
Worst part is that in mexico city no one can give u information about nothing at all, the lines are closed and just answer machines with some info and bad luck info most of us do not need lol. So id like to wish u good luck to all of u guys keep faith!!
Im nervous about the interview hope to be able to keep focused as i was a refugee claimant so i guess they will go back there again and again.

Josuewong7

Apr 27, 2010
Hi! umm.. well heres the thing.. I live in canada and my girlfriend lives in Monterrey Mexico, and we want to get married so i am planning on going to mexico and getting married there, then going to the embassy of canada in mexico asking to bring her back with me.
i have heard of cases such as this and was told that she will be able to come back with me, but im not sure.
can some one please help me.. inform me on what needs to be done prior and/or after we get married.

thankz.

oso1711

Jan 19, 2010
hi, i think the best thing to do is tha u tak einformation with a lawyer if u can do the sponsorship inland, cause i really dont know after that now mexicans need a visa if the cic would give her one. Or if after u get married here in mexico she will be allowed to eneter the country. A lot of things have changed after the visa issue so the best ting to do is to talk to a lawyer and find the best way to do it, so u can sponsor her inland otherwise she will have to wait in Mexico and maybe is faster to get ur PR but really not cool to bea away from ur girlfriend.
regards

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
Any updates from our fellow Mexico-applicants??

We've been getting several emails from them requesting more information. First it was for more proof that we've been living together. A couple of weeks later it was for his birth certificate, a copy of his passport (which was sent originally, but whatev), and a police certificate for Mexico. Then we got an email saying 'nevermind, you're right, we don't need a police clearance' (he hasn't lived there since he was 15). And finally we got one asking for proof that I'm going to reestablish myself in Canada.

It's nice to know they're really working on our case, but given all these Fedex fees we've been paying to send it down there, I kinda wish they'd give us one long list of everything they need :)

I hope everyone else's apps are going well - lets hear some positive updates, amigos!!

pbritton101

Jun 25, 2010
Lagos de Moreno
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2009
Passport Req..
19-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2010
Hi Everyone.

Just wanted to get in on the conversation.

We've had a request for federal and state police certificates, both for the state my wife (and I currently) lives in, and for the neighbouring state where she went to school. We thought the vague languaged initial request for the federal and neighbouring state police certificate was incorrect, and was contacted last week by email for the other state certificate. We feel that since they moved from mail to email, we must be close to either a decision or interview request...

but we're hoping really hard it's a passport request soon.

My question to this topic (it seems to be the only mexico active topic here) is for anyone who got a passport request, how did they request. mail, email, phone?

thanks, and best of luck to everyone else still in the process...

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
I've been wondering that too! We haven't received a single letter from Mexico, only emails. They said they've sent us stuff, but I've never seen anything.

Our timelines look pretty close - hopefully we'll both hear something soon!

Good luck :)

hoples

Mar 26, 2010
Visa Office......
mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 6 2010
AOR Received.
july 26 2010
File Transfer...
june 23 2010
hola

we applied on may 4 th. the application was filed on may 6th and was approved on June 22nd. they sent it to mexico visa office on june 23rd . that the informaion that the agent gave to my hwe had usband when he called CIC.

We had a liitle bit of happines after heard the news but we know the process is just started.

galmxcan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/06/2010
AOR Received.
10/08/2010
File Transfer...
30/07/2010
Med's Done....
06/11/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2010
LANDED..........
26/11/2010
hoples said:
hola

we applied on may 4 th. the application was filed on may 6th and was approved on June 22nd. they sent it to mexico visa office on june 23rd . that the informaion that the agent gave to my hwe had usband when he called CIC.

We had a liitle bit of happines after heard the news but we know the process is just started.
Hi everyone....
I thought I understood before but now I got confused about one thing....
what is the difference between "application filed" and "first stage approval"??

Once the application is filed, does it means that We will get a file number to track on ECAS??...
also How will they let us know the appilcation its filed or approved?

Im freaking out about the timeline, It says that first stage processing time right now its 42 days!!?? I thought it was only a week!! ??? :'(

THANKS for your help in advance.

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
Once you send your app to Mississauga, they will either approve or deny the first stage. I haven't heard of many people getting denied for first stage, though I'm sure it happens. After that, they'll send your app to Mexico City and you'll get a letter from them saying they've received it and started processing. In the letter they'll let you know what your Client ID number is and you can check your status, etc on ECAS.

How long ago did you send in your application?

GT25

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Hola Everyone I'm Mexican too and new in this Forum! I wish i could help you with my story but it has not happened yet, by the way good luck to everyone having interviews in Mexico...

This is my situation: I'm originally from Mexico, have been living in Canada for more that 2 years, I applied for PR under Skilled Worker and I just withdrawn it because I could not get 1 document they required me, so I chose to do it rather than get it refused. I have still a work permit. Now I'm turning in august into a Common Law relationship after 1 year of living together and sharing everything which we can prove, with credit cards together, wills, health benefits, bank statements, and insurance my partner and I have decided to apply for my permanent resident being sponsored by him, we don't know what is the best option, We would like to remain together and even he can support me, I would like to be working. Can I submit an out land application while I remain working in Canada??? Does it matter that we submit the application right after we become common law??? I'm just afraid we can be separated for some reason, I'm from Mexico and now I need a visa to enter Canada. If somebody from Mexico has done an Inland application please let me know how is it? I'm so confused, since both options look similar and would work for me...

If somebody can advice I will appreciate it, I can provide more details.

Thank you all!

galmxcan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/06/2010
AOR Received.
10/08/2010
File Transfer...
30/07/2010
Med's Done....
06/11/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2010
LANDED..........
26/11/2010
rachel6992 said:
Once you send your app to Mississauga, they will either approve or deny the first stage. I haven't heard of many people getting denied for first stage, though I'm sure it happens. After that, they'll send your app to Mexico City and you'll get a letter from them saying they've received it and started processing. In the letter they'll let you know what your Client ID number is and you can check your status, etc on ECAS.

How long ago did you send in your application?
Thanks for your reply....so how will they let us know when sponsor is approved??
We sent our application on June 29th...It was confirmed by the post office to be delivered on the 30th.
When will we hear from Mississauga Office?? just when they say its approved??

galmxcan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/06/2010
AOR Received.
10/08/2010
File Transfer...
30/07/2010
Med's Done....
06/11/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2010
LANDED..........
26/11/2010
GT25 said:
Hola Everyone I'm Mexican too and new in this Forum! I wish i could help you with my story but it has not happened yet, by the way good luck to everyone having interviews in Mexico...

This is my situation: I'm originally from Mexico, have been living in Canada for more that 2 years, I applied for PR under Skilled Worker and I just withdrawn it because I could not get 1 document they required me, so I chose to do it rather than get it refused. I have still a work permit. Now I'm turning in august into a Common Law relationship after 1 year of living together and sharing everything which we can prove, with credit cards together, wills, health benefits, bank statements, and insurance my partner and I have decided to apply for my permanent resident being sponsored by him, we don't know what is the best option, We would like to remain together and even he can support me, I would like to be working. Can I submit an out land application while I remain working in Canada??? Does it matter that we submit the application right after we become common law??? I'm just afraid we can be separated for some reason, I'm from Mexico and now I need a visa to enter Canada. If somebody from Mexico has done an Inland application please let me know how is it? I'm so confused, since both options look similar and would work for me...

Thank you all!
HI!
I think I read on different post that you decided to apply inland? is that right?...
As far as I know you could apply ontland and continue to remain in Canada, I think you just need to maintain a legal status (thats when it gets complicated for us Mexicans)...

An Inland application will take much loger to be processed (could be years) and with an outland applications its suppoused to be faster...I just recomend you to stay as much as you can with your partner in Canada because being apart from my husband has been the toughest thing ever.

Good luck and keep us posted!
G&A

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
Galmxcan,

You will receive a letter from Mississauga when they approve your sponsorship - it took us about a month to hear back from them. I think that's about standard, so give it a couple more weeks.

Good luck!!

GT25

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Hi Galmxcan! I hadn't notice you replied my post, thanks. I decide for the out land way after all the reviews is my best option, my relation is very new and that could be a red flag for an interview which would affect me a lot, I have status until jun 2011 hope the process is done before, let me know how is your situation and if I can help. It is good to see paisanos here...

Good luck!

MexiCana

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Done....
17-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
GT25 said:

Thank you all!
My spouse is Mexican and we applied outland through Buffalo. His temporary status here was going to expire so we just applied to have it extended, and we mentioned that there is a pending sponsorship application. You can definitely apply outland while working in Canada, but you'll still need to independently meet the requirements for a work permit in order for it to be extended. In our case my Mexican spouse was laid off and we changed the work permit to temporary visitor and I support him. It's hard financially but at least we're together.

We choose outland in the end because we wanted a right to appeal (there is no right to appeal inland rejections, only judicial review which is not the same thing). Also, if my husband needed to return to Mexico for an emergency we didn't want to have our application cancelled.

If you are separated for some reason but have been cohabitating for one continuous year you still meet the requirements for common law. So long as the relationship is continuing after you have cohabitated for one continuous year it is acceptable to have periods where you are temporarily apart, although of course if that happens you will want to explain why (such as visa problems).

We became common law March 28 2010 and sent our application on April 14, 2010, so it was right after one year of cohabitation. It meets the requirements and people do it, certainly. We included some extra evidence of the relationship in order to show it was genuine. We'll let you know how it goes for us!