10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Hi galmxcan!!

Hehe don't worry, thanks for the reply! :)
I haven't sent my application yet. I already have an appointment for the medicals and still need to get a few more support letters and police certificates. I'm applying under spousal too.
So if everything goes as planned I'll be sending my application by the end of August :)
I'm just wondering which documents I should get translated into English? Did you send any translated copies of your IFE, birth certificate? Did you make certified copies and then had them translated?

Hope everything goes well and fast with your application!!

galmxcan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/06/2010
AOR Received.
10/08/2010
File Transfer...
30/07/2010
Med's Done....
06/11/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2010
LANDED..........
26/11/2010
bonbon9 said:
I'm just wondering which documents I should get translated into English? Did you send any translated copies of your IFE, birth certificate? Did you make certified copies and then had them translated?

Hope everything goes well and fast with your application!!
I didnt translate many documents.... Not IFE nor Passport
You need to translate:
- Police certificate and send the Original Certificate
- Birth certificate and photocopy of it (I happened to have a certify copy of it and thats what I sent but photocopy should be good)
- Marriage certificate (If you got married in Mexico) and send photocopy of it

And thats all I translated :D... I included a MEMO letter the translator gave me stating that he is Certified translator.
My only worry is that I couldnt include the PGR certificate, I only got the police certificate from my homecity.

Question
...I know you have a multiple entry visa...have you leave Canada and re-entry with the visa?? If so, did you have any problems to re- entry? You are very lucky to be there with your hubby...hope I can be with mine soon ;)

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
galmxcan said:
I didnt translate many documents.... Not IFE nor Passport
You need to translate:
- Police certificate and send the Original Certificate
- Birth certificate and photocopy of it (I happened to have a certify copy of it and thats what I sent but photocopy should be good)
- Marriage certificate (If you got married in Mexico) and send photocopy of it

And thats all I translated :D... I included a MEMO letter the translator gave me stating that he is Certified translator.
My only worry is that I couldnt include the PGR certificate, I only got the police certificate from my homecity.

Question
...I know you have a multiple entry visa...have you leave Canada and re-entry with the visa?? If so, did you have any problems to re- entry? You are very lucky to be there with your hubby...hope I can be with mine soon ;)
Hi!!

Thanks a lot for your reply! It's good to know I don't have to translate every single document. This process is so expensive already! And I'm anxious to send the application the soonest possible :)

About the Multiple entry visa, I have been very lucky as I did not experience any problem with re-entrying. I guess it was easier because when I re-entered, I was with my husband then boyfriend, we were coming back from Mexico. We got married in Canada.
So when the IO asked me who I was staying with I only had to say boyfriend. The IO asked me "but you haven't been working here have you?" then I answered "oh, not at all!" I suppose I said it in a funny tone and since I didn't hesitate my answer, he just waved me through :)

I hope you'll be with your husband soon! Have you applied for any TRV? I had my first one denied, then I applied for the multiple entry one and I got it, I was very very surprised but as happy as I can't describe. :D

Joselarita

Oct 18, 2009
Helloo....when i check my status it says in process from june 10 (that menas in mexico rigth?)...im waiting from the embassy of mexico something, i send all the things they asked, the limit date already pass...(the date they gave us to send the additional docs)...im very scared they havent send me anything...i want to know if this is normal...about the times with persons who already did the process in Mexico..

thank u so much

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
We waited a couple of months before we heard anything from them. In fact, I didn't even know they had our file until I sent them an email and asked. They're pretty good about emailing back to you, by the way.

We never got anything in the mail (though they told us they had mailed things to us) - it was all done via email. The PPR came as a phone call.

Don't worry, you'll hear something soon! Like I said, it took awhile for that first interaction, and then they started sending us requests for more documents every few weeks. All in all, it took about 4 months from the date they started to process our file. If you're really freaked out, just send a very polite email.

Miguel is in D.F. today, dropping off his passport to get his visa put in! Yayyyy!

I hope everyone hears good news soon!

miguelre

Nov 28, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it was more like 3 and a half months. and yes, i got my visa today!!!!!!!! cant wait to see you in canada, i miss you and Xavi and Sofia!!!!

all of my love to you, rachie.

buena suerte a todos los demas!

jolicoeur1980

Apr 26, 2010
Hola todos!

This is my first post on the board, although I have been reading this forum since April when I submitted the sponsorship application for my wife.

Here is our sponsorship story:

My better half is a failed refugee and PRRA claimaint and left for Mexico on March 14, 2010 as per her removal order. I am a Canadian citizen (born and raised)

*We had the medicals done on March 3, 2010

*We filed the sponsorship application on April 13, 2010

*My application as a sponsor was approved on May 21, 2010 and transferred to the consulate

*The AOR received date from Mexico City is May 31, 2010

*Mi Mariposita sent the certificate of departure to embassay in Mexico on June 2, 2010 upon request

*We received a letter dated on June 30, 2010 that we need to file for ARC (letter + fee)

*We sent letter and ARC fee to embassay in Mexico City on August 4, 2010

Well that's our story so far!

galmxcan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/06/2010
AOR Received.
10/08/2010
File Transfer...
30/07/2010
Med's Done....
06/11/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2010
LANDED..........
26/11/2010
Hola jolicoeur1980 and welcome to the thread

Thanks for sharing your timeline, keep us posted :)

galmxcan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/06/2010
AOR Received.
10/08/2010
File Transfer...
30/07/2010
Med's Done....
06/11/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2010
LANDED..........
26/11/2010
:D HOLA!

Im very excited today...finally things are moving forward
I have an update on my application

Application filed June 30th
Sponsorship Approval July 30th
AOR (email) Aug. 10th

AOR letter on the mail was also sent on Aug 10 and they are sending instructions for the Mexican police certificate. YAY!!!
Hope everyone is doing great :D

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
galmxcan said:
:D HOLA!

Im very excited today...finally things are moving forward
I have an update on my application

Application filed June 30th
Sponsorship Approval July 30th
AOR (email) Aug. 10th

AOR letter on the mail was also sent on Aug 10 and they are sending instructions for the Mexican police certificate. YAY!!!
Hope everyone is doing great :D
That's great news! I'm happy for you :)
Just curious.. why did you need an AOR? Was it because of an overstay?
Are you going to be able to get the PGR certificate from your hometown? Or will you have to go all the way to Mexico City? hope you don't live too far if this is the case!

galmxcan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/06/2010
AOR Received.
10/08/2010
File Transfer...
30/07/2010
Med's Done....
06/11/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2010
LANDED..........
26/11/2010
bonbon9 said:
That's great news! I'm happy for you :)
Just curious.. why did you need an AOR? Was it because of an overstay?
Are you going to be able to get the PGR certificate from your hometown? Or will you have to go all the way to Mexico City? hope you don't live too far if this is the case!
Thanks!! Im very happy.
The AOR stands for Acknowledge of Receipt (of the application to the Visa Office), so basically they are just letting me know they got my papers and possibly they are already processing them..(I hope).

I think I will have to go to Mexico City for the PGR certificate, good thing I have family there and I was planning to go visit them anyways so It should work fine. (I dont live too far from there)

The only thing Im a little worry about is that my medicals will expire in November I really wish they could process my application fast enough so I dont have to Re-do the medical exam :S $$$ and maybe have a similar case as miguelre, on this thread, that they wanted him to land before his medicals expired.
Will see....
:)

Joselarita

Oct 18, 2009
Hello, i wish to know of experience ...i just left the Constancia de entecedentes registrales in the embassy at Mexico city, what they usually ask after this?...and how u get contact for the rest...if u have a representative? or is at your phone number?...im very impatient to see my husband!!...thanks!

GT25

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Hello guys! I finally did it! Sent my application today to mississagua on! I was so nervous and checking everything, my partner had to put the papers in the envelope cause I didn't stop looking! It's done! Now only wait and wait! I will keep you posted about my case! Good luck to everyone!

galmxcan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/06/2010
AOR Received.
10/08/2010
File Transfer...
30/07/2010
Med's Done....
06/11/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2010
LANDED..........
26/11/2010
Joselarita said:
Hello, i wish to know of experience ...i just left the Constancia de entecedentes registrales in the embassy at Mexico city, what they usually ask after this?...and how u get contact for the rest...if u have a representative? or is at your phone number?...im very impatient to see my husband!!...thanks!
Hola, hey seems like we are almost in the same timeline..I dropped my Constancia de antecedentes Yesterday (september 7)
I would also like to know whats next...for what i believe and hopw next thing will be an interview (hope im not call for it) and then they will request the passport....hope soon
I miss my husband very much and want to be with him for our anniversary.
Good luck!!

IdleRumour

Sep 8, 2010
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/05/2010
AOR Received.
03/08/2010
Med's Done....
30/04/2010
Hello all, I am totally new here but reading your posts I felt a kinship and decided to sign up. I submitted a spousal sponsorship application on May 25th originally and due to a teeny mistake the papers were returned and I had to do them again, they were finally forwarded from the CPC Mississauga to Mexico City as of August 3rd and we are still waiting to hear from them with the "Letter of acknowledgement" they state is sent within fifteen working days. My husband still needs to do his federal police forms but nothing else. Our situation is a little difficult due to some impassable issues but we believe we've proven beyond a reasonable doubt the bonafides of our relationship.

My questions for you are first, how long after your spousal sponsorship was approved and the papers forwarded to Mexico City did you (or your spouse the principal applicant) hear from them? My husbands address changed around them same time that the papers were sent to Mexico City, I have emailed them changing the address, the first time they replied that the file wasn't opened and to wait for them to contact us, but how can they contact us if they're sending mail to the wrong address???
Secondly, has every spouse sponsored through here really had to go for an interview???, Miguel is NOT going to want to hear that, his english is awesome and there's no doubt as to our relationship, but he will get nervous and then his english will go southward fast lmao...not only that but having to travel all the way to Mexico City from Q.Roo, if an interview is approved can the applicant get their visa right away, or leave their passport with them so at least it can be returned, as we didn't submit his original passport with his application.