MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
papirico said:
Scotiabank gave me an unsecured visa credit card with a $1,000 initial limit soon after I landed. The scene card, it's called.
But when Scotia Bank gave you the Scene Card, did you also have an unpaid Mexican credit card? If yes, did Scotia Bank ever find out about it?

Thanks papirico!

nzk0

Star Member
Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/03/13
AOR Received.
10/04/13
Oscar27 said:
But when Scotia Bank gave you the Scene Card, did you also have an unpaid Mexican credit card? If yes, did Scotia Bank ever find out about it?

Thanks papirico!
Banks don't share information about you, that's illegal. You have a credit file in each country and that credit bureau can share information to a company that asks for it. That information cannot be shared out of country though, so if you have debts in Mexico, a bank in Canada will never ever know about it.

I would, however, advise you against the practice of not paying your credit cards, I know this might be something more common in Mexico but in Canada it can highly dammage your personal reputation. Some Employers or Landlords will require credit checks and if you have unpaid debts they won't want to give you the job or rent you an appartement.

nzk0

Star Member
Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/03/13
AOR Received.
10/04/13
LeisaP said:
Thanks!!!
He did his landing this morning, everything went good. now he is relaxing outside the airport with the pup, before the next flight in 4 hours.

Long day for them!

Good luck to everyone!! and I pray your applications don't take as long as ours and have a lot less speed bumps than ours did!! :)

Stay positive, because this feeling when your spouses are back on Canadian soil is completely beyond words! <3

here is the info for the lady that can get the rcmp clearance

Carolin Henry
ID Services Technician
Commissionaires Ottawa
(613) 231-6462 ext. 451
www.commissionaires-ottawa.on.ca
chenry @ commissionaires-ottawa.on.ca

;D
Congratulations :D

Nell1236

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 3, 2013
AOR Received.
June 3, 2013
Re: Mexico:stage 2 + obtaining precartilla

We just received an email saying that instructions for the police certificate (constancia) are being sent to us by mail, plus they want more details: for example we put in the dates when he lived at an address but in two different apartments in the building, and they want to know which date precisely for which apartment, even though the address is the same. I mention this so that others will be very precise from the get go and avoid delays.

Now that we know that the "constancia de antecendentes registrales" is next, I came here to read up and just found out about the precartilla! My husband (the Mexican half of us) says nobody uses that anymore and that his brother may still have it in a trunk of stuff at his place. But I'm reading that it's going to be required, so if he doesn't find it, how does he go about getting it in Guadalajara? It's just an identity document, so does he also need some kind of proof of not having had to serve in the military? How long does it take to obtain this precartilla?

Thanks for any and all help. By the way, our application was received at the end of November 2012.

msprisci

Oct 29, 2012
Miami
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
03-06-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2013 Sponsorship Approval
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
02-12-2013
OMG :) We just got our AOR! We are going to live in Quebec so they asked us for the CSQ which we didn't know we had to do in advance... Too bad :(

Does anybody know if they usually ask for all the missing documents when they send the AOR or if they usually ask other stuff along the way? We sent our medical, and since he's not in Mexico we also sent all the stuff for the PGR for CIC to process... Any thoughts?

bttmntl and Frida19, hopefully you will get yours soon as well, we are all close!

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
ARC REQUEST 21-02-14 ARC SEND 26-02-14
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
26 -03-2014 PASSPORT SEND 26-03-14
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
msprisci said:
OMG :) We just got our AOR! We are going to live in Quebec so they asked us for the CSQ which we didn't know we had to do in advance... Too bad :(

Does anybody know if they usually ask for all the missing documents when they send the AOR or if they usually ask other stuff along the way? We sent our medical, and since he's not in Mexico we also sent all the stuff for the PGR for CIC to process... Any thoughts?

bttmntl and Frida19, hopefully you will get yours soon as well, we are all close!
YAY congratulations !! :D yes I really hope we get our AOR soon as well :'( ! Let us know how it goes ! Good luck to you :p

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013

Nell1236 said:
We just received an email saying that instructions for the police certificate (constancia) are being sent to us by mail, plus they want more details: for example we put in the dates when he lived at an address but in two different apartments in the building, and they want to know which date precisely for which apartment, even though the address is the same. I mention this so that others will be very precise from the get go and avoid delays.

Now that we know that the "constancia de antecendentes registrales" is next, I came here to read up and just found out about the precartilla! My husband (the Mexican half of us) says nobody uses that anymore and that his brother may still have it in a trunk of stuff at his place. But I'm reading that it's going to be required, so if he doesn't find it, how does he go about getting it in Guadalajara? It's just an identity document, so does he also need some kind of proof of not having had to serve in the military? How long does it take to obtain this precartilla?

Thanks for any and all help. By the way, our application was received at the end of November 2012.
I agree the precartilla is very rarely used,
Im not sure if you can get the card again without picking the ball to see if u need to do service or not.
Its very silly to ask for it, but that's the PGR asking for it not the Canadian embassy.
If you cant find it(I would try very hard to look for it ) try going to the local military office in GDL and see if its possible to get a new one. My husband got his precartilla in GDL and to say the least they were not friendly, but its definatly worth a try, im not sure how else you would get it besides going directly to the office.
No he doesn't need proof he completed service(a lot of our spouses never did service, they just got the precartilla for immigration purposes), all he needs is the precartilla.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
msprisci said:

Congrats!!
sometimes they ask for them all at once, other times they ask for them at separate times. Its hard to say, hopefully this will be all they ask for ! :)

mrscruz

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2012
Doc's Request.
PGR February 13,2013
AOR Received.
Mexico City february 13, 2013
File Transfer...
December 11, 2012
Med's Done....
November 11, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 16,2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 24,2013

LeisaP said:
I agree the precartilla is very rarely used,
Im not sure if you can get the card again without picking the ball to see if u need to do service or not.
Its very silly to ask for it, but that's the PGR asking for it not the Canadian embassy.
If you cant find it(I would try very hard to look for it ) try going to the local military office in GDL and see if its possible to get a new one. My husband got his precartilla in GDL and to say the least they were not friendly, but its definatly worth a try, im not sure how else you would get it besides going directly to the office.
No he doesn't need proof he completed service(a lot of our spouses never did service, they just got the precartilla for immigration purposes), all he needs is the precartilla.
We were in a similar situation. My husband thought he had misplaced it. Prior to finding his precartilla we did some research am found out we needed to drive to Chetumal which is the capital of the state Q.Roo where my husband lives. When we got there we were told he would have to pay a fee and another copy could be reordered and we could pick it up in person. They said around 3-4 months to get the precartilla. I am not sure what the fee but I believe it was not to much around 200 pesos. We ended up finding my husbands precartilla so we didn't actually end up going through the process of getting a new one.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013

mrscruz said:
We were in a similar situation. My husband thought he had misplaced it. Prior to finding his precartilla we did some research am found out we needed to drive to Chetumal which is the capital of the state Q.Roo where my husband lives. When we got there we were told he would have to pay a fee and another copy could be reordered and we could pick it up in person. They said around 3-4 months to get the precartilla. I am not sure what the fee but I believe it was not to much around 200 pesos. We ended up finding my husbands precartilla so we didn't actually end up going through the process of getting a new one.
wow!! 3-4 months!!! that's crazy, but it honestly doesn't surprise me :-\

mrscruz

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2012
Doc's Request.
PGR February 13,2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
December 11, 2012
Med's Done....
November 11, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 16,2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 24,2013

LeisaP said:
wow!! 3-4 months!!! that's crazy, but it honestly doesn't surprise me :-\
I know my jaw dropped when they said that long. I am not sure if every office is the same or if it actually takes this long as we found his precartilla.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013

mrscruz said:
I know my jaw dropped when they said that long. I am not sure if every office is the same or if it actually takes this long as we found his precartilla.
I know some offices take different times to get the first precartilla. Some of the smaller cities took 7-10 days to make it, and when we went in GDL, they gave it to us the same day. So it could be different, but even so it should only take a few days not months.! :eek:

mrscruz

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2012
Doc's Request.
PGR February 13,2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
December 11, 2012
Med's Done....
November 11, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 16,2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 24,2013

LeisaP said:
I know some offices take different times to get the first precartilla. Some of the smaller cities took 7-10 days to make it, and when we went in GDL, they gave it to us the same day. So it could be different, but even so it should only take a few days not months.! :eek:
Oh also I should mention that I think it was going to take longer (3-4 months)because my husband got his precartilla in DF when he was 18 but had since moved to Q.Roo. So if I remember correctly this was part of the lengthy wait time because they had to transfer his address and info to another state.

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
hello! im new to this whole thing. husbands application is currently in mexico and wanted Im just waiting to receive and send in the RCMP certificate ( RCMP sent an email friday saying they just mailed it out). my husbands medical is going to expire in beginning of july. has anyone been in this situation and did mexico ask them to re-do the medical and how long does it usually take, my husband is from costa rica. any feedback would be much appreciated

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
costacro said:
hello! im new to this whole thing. husbands application is currently in mexico and wanted Im just waiting to receive and send in the RCMP certificate ( RCMP sent an email friday saying they just mailed it out). my husbands medical is going to expire in beginning of july. has anyone been in this situation and did mexico ask them to re-do the medical and how long does it usually take, my husband is from costa rica. any feedback would be much appreciated
My husbands medical expired, but because it was not the last thing they were waiting on they asked him to re-do it and it took about 2-3weeks to process it. But if the Medical IS the LAST thing they are waiting on they will internally ask for an extension which also takes about 2-3 weeks approx! :)