Mexico

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FooF said:
Hello OhCanadiana, how's it going?

So my fiance and I decided to get married this month in Mexico and we are going to apply for sponsorship outland. Just to make it clear, I still can visit my future husband without affecting my sponsorship application, right?
I have some doubts about both processes, but I think is safer for me to apply outland and stay in Mexico while we go through this.
Can you give me some advice please?

thanks very much!
Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!

FooF said:
Just to make it clear, I still can visit my future husband without affecting my sponsorship application, right?
It sounds like you and your husband are sharing an account and the last post was by your husband. ;) So welcome to the forum!

I'm gathering that you are the Canadian sponsoring your future Mexican husband. You can absolutely visit your future husband in Mexico during the application process. Having him visit you in Canada is likely to be more challenging given his experience and ties to Canada (you!)

If you are a Canadian citizen, you could even temporarily move to Mexico while the application is in process as long as you can show you intend to move back to Canada once he is a PR. If you are a Canadian PR, you can visit your husband for short periods of time since you still need to be living in Canada throughout the application process.

FooF said:
I have some doubts about both processes, but I think is safer for me to apply outland and stay in Mexico while we go through this.
Can you give me some advice please?

thanks very much!
Outland is much more feasible for you (for inland application your husband would need to be legally *in* Canada and he'd be limited in his travels as, if he travels abroad and is not readmitted to Canada, his inland application would be cancelled).

FooF

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013
AOR Received.
28-10-2013
File Transfer...
12-07-2013
Med's Done....
09-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
OhCanadiana said:
Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!

It sounds like you and your husband are sharing an account and the last post was by your husband. ;) So welcome to the forum!

I'm gathering that you are the Canadian sponsoring your future Mexican husband. You can absolutely visit your future husband in Mexico during the application process. Having him visit you in Canada is likely to be more challenging given his experience and ties to Canada (you!)

If you are a Canadian citizen, you could even temporarily move to Mexico while the application is in process as long as you can show you intend to move back to Canada once he is a PR. If you are a Canadian PR, you can visit your husband for short periods of time since you still need to be living in Canada throughout the application process.

Outland is much more feasible for you (for inland application your husband would need to be legally *in* Canada and he'd be limited in his travels as, if he travels abroad and is not readmitted to Canada, his inland application would be cancelled).
hehe, no Im from Mexico and my future husband is from Canada, sorry for the missunderstanding.

So you think it would be challenging, me going visit him? just for a week or so, next summer for example.

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Hey All!

I dont post on here very much on here anymore, but I just wanted to share the group Mexican Spouses on FB! A lot of people from this forum post on there about pre arrival (immigration) and post-arrival (settlement) so if anyone is interesting in joining heres the link:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/442097089166742/

Cheers!

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
OhCanadiana said:
As far as I know ;) Get her to introduce herself here someday.
FYI - I just wanted to follow up with you and let you know for your information....last week we were talking about how long it may take from the time they ask for the money til the time they acknowledge receipt of it. this morning I spoke to Immigration and they said their commitment is a guarantte that they will process the money within 6 weeks upon receipt!

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
I have a serious question to anyone that might be able to answer...but first I have to explain a little:

several months ago my wife's ex husband signed and agreed to the legal documents to allow his children to move to Canada...this part may be irrelevant but...he's a deadbeat dad...sometimes sees his kids every 15 days for a day and a half but normally sends them to his sisters or parents house...he hasnt paid their child care expense $8000 pesos/month in 4 months and is usually late or behind. he has now stated that he wont allow his kids to come to Canada until the school year ends in Mexico...for several reasons we cant wait which will take me quite a while to explain...

if my wife decides to just bring them and not wait until the school year ends...will this be a problem legally?

I appreciate any help I can get!

M

mrandmrsromero

Hi everyone. I have been struggling to decide whether to post publicly, but given all the continuing support I've received here since October 2010 I felt it would be unfair to those who have been rooting for us so long just drop out of sight with no explanation.

Mr Romero and I are parting ways. Our marriage in the end did not withstand the very long wait and there is really nothing else to say. The application has been withdrawn.

As I am sure you will appreciate, this is very difficult. But time is the healer, and every day will get better as life goes on.

I wish to thank everyone on the cheering squad who sent so much positivity and encouragement our way. Sometimes things don't turn out as we hope, but often it turns out for the best.

This will be my final post on the forum. I think I've earned my retirement stripes :-*

Best wishes to all.

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
mrandmrsromero said:
Hi everyone. I have been struggling to decide whether to post publicly, but given all the continuing support I've received here since October 2010 I felt it would be unfair to those who have been rooting for us so long just drop out of sight with no explanation.

Mr Romero and I are parting ways. Our marriage in the end did not withstand the very long wait and there is really nothing else to say. The application has been withdrawn.

As I am sure you will appreciate, this is very difficult. But time is the healer, and every day will get better as life goes on.

I wish to thank everyone on the cheering squad who sent so much positivity and encouragement our way. Sometimes things don't turn out as we hope, but often it turns out for the best.

This will be my final post on the forum. I think I've earned my retirement stripes :-*

Best wishes to all.
I know this process can be exhausting...especially for those that have been here for a while...good luck, I wish you all the best!

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
mrandmrsromero said:

Best wishes to all.
I am so so sorry to hear that. I wish you all the best and you are in my thoughts.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
mrandmrsromero said:

Best wishes to all.
So sorry to Hear this!! its shocking for us to hear this when we have followed your case for so long. :(
very sorry! Hope you all the best!! <3 xoxo!

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
mrandmrsromero said:

OMG, the tears dont stop ! :mad:

Best wishes to all.

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
mrandmrsromero said:

Best wishes to all.
Looking at your timeline, you had been waiting a long time. My husband and I have only been waiting since New Years and it seems to take all our strength to keep it going.

I guess if you plan to spend the rest of your life with someone, this is the test.. if you can get through this, you can get through a lot of things life may throw your way...

That said, I know nothing about your situation except that it's different from mine and has its own challenges.

mbajouco

Mar 6, 2013
Hello everyone!!

This is my first post on this site! So, I recently got married in Mexico and will be filing for family sponsorship as soon as we collect all the documents... My wife is currently there.. I've been doing lots of research on the cic and this site... I just need some clarifications on some things.. Such as besides the actual forms from the cic which documents need to be originals? I understand her birth certificate and our marriage certificate need to be translated and authenticated.. But do I need a certified copy of each Mexican document or will a standard copy do? Also what documents need to be done in person and which can be done by a family member?, as she is going to new York in April... I also understand that there are a medical and 2 police checks the pgr and ssp that are required... But only are needed once the application has been submitted? Does she need to be there for the police checks? I believe she can get the medicals done in new York by a certified doctor correct? Do the police checks need to be translated? I'm just trying to figure a timeline of documents that are needed... So far I've skimmed thru about the last 300 pages of the Mexico board and have found many useful links and experiences from users...

Thanks in advance!!! I'm sure this won't be the last you hear from me :)

Americana In T.O.

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/12/2011
AOR Received.
10/04/2012
File Transfer...
30/01/2012
Med's Done....
01/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/08/2012
LANDED..........
24/08/2012 YAY!!!
mrandmrsromero said:

Best wishes to all.
I am sorry to hear that mrs. romero. I can definitely relate that this process is very exhausting from an emotional standpoint. Even the strongest of relationships can falter under such pressure. I am sure you both have thought this out very carefully and have determined that his is the best decision for all involved. All the best to you as you forge a new path. I know that great things will happen or you!

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-10-2012 (PGR and SSP) 5-02-2013
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
I posted on Facebook but not here. My partner received his PPR March 1st, We sent the passport just waiting to get it back!!! We have our flight booked for April 10th into toronto! Thank you everyone that has helped us.

Im sure I will be back with more questions about landing and everything!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
mrandmrsromero said:

Best wishes to all.
I keep deleting my replies because everything I say sounds so cliche or possibly completely unhelpful. So I will just say what I really feel. I am mostly on this forum still because I wanted to see you get your happy ending, the PPR. Clearly your happy ending will just be a different story. If we knew each other in real life, I would bring over my best vegan recipes and some flowers and a movie (action or thriller, NOT a romance) and probably a spa certificate. I don't know the story and it's not my business so I don't want to tell you I am sorry this happened because it might be for the best - but take care of yourself and I wish you happiness and peace after what you have gone through.