+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Coquii said:
Can anyone knows which email address to inquire? Recvd application last july and they say they started application last 0ct 11 but until now havent recv any letter yet that they transferred the file to Mexico.
Thanks

:)
To confirm, did you send the application to CPC-M in Mississauga (or CPC-V in Vegreville)?

And, has either the sponsor or the applicant ever had another application with CIC (if so, you can try to check status online at e-case with the UCI)?

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
good luck to all those beautiful Mexicans. Praying for your entrance to Canada very soon.

http://www.canada.com/business/Harper+wants+Mexican+visa+after+Canada+immigration/7628468/story.html

8)

Coquii

Jan 28, 2013
OhCanadiana said:
To confirm, did you send the application to CPC-M in Mississauga (or CPC-V in Vegreville)?

And, has either the sponsor or the applicant ever had another application with CIC (if so, you can try to check status online at e-case with the UCI)?
Thanks for the reply. We sent the application in cpc-M.. We have both client id. I am sponsoring my spouse/ i am a permanent residence and he is now in mexico, he stayed here in canada for 5 yrs.

I been checking online n it says that my sponsorship is in process while his application for permanent residence status is application recvd..
Thus anynone who applied last july who rcvd any letter now? I know its a case to case basis but it would be great help to me so that i know if his application is moving or not.
Thanks again

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
OhCanadiana said:
Those e-mails should really help move it along! This is giving you time to clean up that closet ;)

Hope you hear soon.
you sure you dont know her?

Lena1984

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
06-06-2013
AOR Received.
19-11-2012,03-04-2013
File Transfer...
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-10-2013
Does anyone know if there is a spreadsheet for Mexico?

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
OhCanadiana said:
Those e-mails should really help move it along! This is giving you time to clean up that closet ;)

Hope you hear soon.
BTW - soooo...lets say somehow she miraculously gets the PPR next week, and by Friday March 8th the passports arrive to the Embassy in DF ...do you think it would be a risk to buy their tickets for Tuesday March 19th to come to Canada? The reason I ask is because I am going there on March 15th for a wedding and returning on the 19th...and was hoping they could come back with me.

davek1979

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
Doc's Request.
16-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-10-2012
Med's Request
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Lena1984 said:
Does anyone know if there is a spreadsheet for Mexico?
There is a spreadsheet for Mexico. It has been a while since I have seen it though, maybe 3 months. I don't know if the people who made it is still hosting it though.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Coquii said:
Thanks for the reply. We sent the application in cpc-M.. We have both client id. I am sponsoring my spouse/ i am a permanent residence and he is now in mexico, he stayed here in canada for 5 yrs.

I been checking online n it says that my sponsorship is in process while his application for permanent residence status is application recvd..
Thus anynone who applied last july who rcvd any letter now? I know its a case to case basis but it would be great help to me so that i know if his application is moving or not.
Thanks again
Good, so you are able to check the status online.

It's time for you to reach out to CIC. Give the call centre a call at 1-888-242-2100. Since from e-case it seems that your sponsorship is still in process it's still in Canada so they should be able to help you. The current timing for step 1 is 29 days (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp) so it's worth giving them a call to see if you can help resolve the hang up (e.g., they may have mailed you something, etc).

If they tell you your application has been forwarded to Mexico already, ask them for the date so you know whether to reach out to them or wait for the AOR/PGR request letter.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dazz13 said:
BTW - soooo...lets say somehow she miraculously gets the PPR next week, and by Friday March 8th the passports arrive to the Embassy in DF ...do you think it would be a risk to buy their tickets for Tuesday March 19th to come to Canada? The reason I ask is because I am going there on March 15th for a wedding and returning on the 19th...and was hoping they could come back with me.
I'd wait to buy the ticket until you get the PPR or passport in hand if you're mailing it in.

You could try to send a case specific enquiry to Mexico explaining the fact that you'll be there and would love for them to fly back on the 19th and asking them if there's anything you can do to help make it happen since it seems they may be close to done. Tell them you're willing to pay them with a bank draft and take the passports (if you are willing/able to) if the rest of the app is done and see what they say. You'll at least learn if they are waiting for anything else to wrap up.

Going in person to get the visas would guarantee same day service so you could plan for a one day trip leaving Monterrey super early, get to the Embassy drop off passports, and fly back that night. Otherwise, it it takes anywhere from about a week to 10 days assuming no courier delays.

Coquii

Jan 28, 2013
OhCanadiana said:

It's time for you to reach out to CIC. Give the call centre a call at 1-888-242-2100. Since from e-case it seems that your sponsorship is still in process it's still in Canada so they should be able to help you. The current timing for step 1 is 29 days (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp) so it's worth giving them a call to see if you can help resolve the hang up (e.g., they may have mailed you something, etc).

If they tell you your application has been forwarded to Mexico already, ask them for the date so you know whether to reach out to them or wait for the AOR/PGR request letter.
Thanks OhCanadiana

Thanks OhCanadiana..

Coquii

Jan 28, 2013
OhCanadiana said:

So you mean to say after the sponsorship approval, there will be letter stating that the file has been trabsferred to mexico? Thnx again

MattElderfield

Feb 25, 2013
Hey everyone that posted and answered my question from before my wife IS COMING BACK TO CANADA IN JUNE :):):):):) We did not end up having to do that stupid Bolivian Police report so we are just waiting for her temporary visa and she will be back in no time :):):):) thanks all for the help :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MattElderfield said:
Hey everyone that posted and answered my question from before my wife IS COMING BACK TO CANADA IN JUNE :):):):):) We did not end up having to do that stupid Bolivian Police report so we are just waiting for her temporary visa and she will be back in no time :):):):) thanks all for the help :)
Congrats! So glad you were able to clear that up.

I replied to your other thread too on info on travel back to Mexico. ;)

FooF

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013
AOR Received.
28-10-2013
File Transfer...
12-07-2013
Med's Done....
09-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
OhCanadiana said:
Hello, and welcome, FooF!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding :)

The visa only grants you the ability to get on a plane (or other commercial means of transportation) and travel to Canada. They officer at the border then examines you at the border for admissibility based on the facts at hand.

From what you say it sounds like, based on the information available, the officer concluded it was likely that you would decide to overstay in Canada and therefore decided that you were not admissible (giving you the option to leave voluntarily instead of being denied entry). This is interesting given your wedding plans in Mexico - did you already have the wedding plans at the time?

There are likely notes in your file with details of your interaction and how exactly they treated your entry. That means CIC and CBSA will see them in future interactions with you or your file (e.g., should you try to visit again or when they process your application) and, if they considered it a denied entry the officer should have advised the Mexico VO of the refusal.

It shouldn't cause any issue with your PR application - beyond potentially a second review by a more senior officer - since it doesn't render you inadmissible as a PR. In fact, ironically, the fact that you were trying to visit your fianceé in Canada is just additional proof of the relationship you have with your wife that will support your PR application.
Hello OhCanadiana, how's it going?

So my fiance and I decided to get married this month in Mexico and we are going to apply for sponsorship outland. Just to make it clear, I still can visit my future husband without affecting my sponsorship application, right?
I have some doubts about both processes, but I think is safer for me to apply outland and stay in Mexico while we go through this.
Can you give me some advice please?

thanks very much!