Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
meeshy said:
Try capitalone, it's where I got my first card!
Did you have to put down security funds or whatever it is called? Someone else on the board suggested Capital One so we applied online. We should get a letter in the mail but we don't know how much we have to give them. As long as it isn't 1K like RBC! We will pay it off so don't have to worry about the interest rate but there is an annual fee of $58. However, in the US that is always negotiable. You can kind of threaten to close your account or whatever and they usually waive it. We will see. I just want to get something started on his credit report!

WantToBeInCanada

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
29-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Pls somebody help me with this!
I landed here a week ago and now i have mi SIN number but i still dont have the physical card i was told im gonna receive it in 10 working days.
And my PR card i supposed to receive it in 2 months
The question is if i can look for a job now that i have my sin number or do i have to wait for my PR card and physical sin number to start to work?
Pls somebody help me with this

Farfelu

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-JUN-2012
Doc's Request.
01-AUG-2012
AOR Received.
17-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
12-OCT-2012
Med's Request
01-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
30-AUG-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-APR-2013
Can anybody remind me what "In Process" on E-Cas is all about? Our file went to that status in January and it´s the first time since AOR back in October that I´ve seen anything changed there. Wonder what the timeframe until PPR should be...

Your thoughts.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Farfelu said:
Can anybody remind me what "In Process" on E-Cas is all about? Our file went to that status in January and it´s the first time since AOR back in October that I´ve seen anything changed there. Wonder what the timeframe until PPR should be...

Your thoughts.
In Process is a good sign. It usually indicates you are at the end, sometimes it happens after PPR, like with us. So I would say you are close.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
WantToBeInCanada said:
Pls somebody help me with this!
I landed here a week ago and now i have mi SIN number but i still dont have the physical card i was told im gonna receive it in 10 working days.
And my PR card i supposed to receive it in 2 months
The question is if i can look for a job now that i have my sin number or do i have to wait for my PR card and physical sin number to start to work?
Pls somebody help me with this
You don't need your SIN card to work. In fact I just read they are phasing the cards out. All you need is your number and the COPR in your password in order to work. So you are ready! Good luck!

Farfelu

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-JUN-2012
Doc's Request.
01-AUG-2012
AOR Received.
17-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
12-OCT-2012
Med's Request
01-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
30-AUG-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-APR-2013
canadiangirl78 said:
In Process is a good sign. It usually indicates you are at the end, sometimes it happens after PPR, like with us. So I would say you are close.
thanks canadiangirl78. I realize that "In Process" can mean anything happening during normal application assessment at the VO, so I think I'm still in for a long ride, still being early on in the process. There's this <a href="http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t40534.0.html"><b>thread</b></a> that discusses the subject in some detail.

Oh well, carry on we will.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Farfelu said:
thanks canadiangirl78. I realize that "In Process" can mean anything happening during normal application assessment at the VO, so I think I'm still in for a long ride, still being early on in the process. There's this <a href="http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t40534.0.html"><b>thread</b></a> that discusses the subject in some detail.

Every VO is different. I would say that for Mexico, in process is definitely a sign that you're close. Obviously there are always those exceptions. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! =)

Farfelu

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-JUN-2012
Doc's Request.
01-AUG-2012
AOR Received.
17-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
12-OCT-2012
Med's Request
01-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
30-AUG-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-APR-2013
canadiangirl78 said:
.... Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! =)
Advice taken ;)

muchacha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala.. now Mexico?
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
16-12-2012
File Transfer...
19-09-2012
Farfelu said:

Hey Farfelu! Has the VO requested any documents from you guys? We had to send in an updated form 2 weeks ago. We are also "in process" as of early January. The other forum poster from Central America is already chilling in Canada. Hoping that Canadagirl is right and that we are close to the end. Fingers crossed.

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-10-2012 (PGR and SSP) 5-02-2013
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
Ok, so me and my man are in need of some advice! 2 months ago we sent the police certificates, we finally got an answer back today. Regarding his child...
Heres the story,
My partner has no contact with his child. Mother has full custody and has been unwilling to cooperate with us since the beginning. Obviously, we were unable to have his daughter taken for the medical exams (even though we were paying for everything and we really wanted to do everything by the book). Another thing that complicates things is that the mother is an illegal in mexico. She has no documentation from anywhere, and therefore there are no legal documents regarding the custody of the child.

So, the embassy has asked for us to fill out a declaration which was provided and a letter explaining the circumstances which we can do, but also:

"- supporting documents such as custody agreements, court documents
- any other documentation or information which demonstrates why your dependent
cannot be examined."

Which we do not have... any thoughts?

WantToBeInCanada

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
29-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
canadiangirl78 said:
You don't need your SIN card to work. In fact I just read they are phasing the cards out. All you need is your number and the COPR in your password in order to work. So you are ready! Good luck!
Thankss for the info :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
Totally off topic question about Canadian credit. We celebrated 6 months in Canada this weekend (wow!) but my husband has yet to get a credit card. I got one in April at RBC by giving them $1,000. So at least one of us is building credit but my husband needs to start, he is already really late on this. But we don't want to give another $1,000 to get a secured visa especially since they locked mine up for 18 months instead of one year even though I am sure the account manager told me one year. Any advice?
Belated happy anniversary :) How time flies!

TD Bank considers your US credit history (if you print it out and submit it) if you don't have a Canadian credit history. Did your husband have a US-based card? If so, perhaps they will accept a letter from his credit card issuer. You probably don't want to cancel your card and start over (since how long you've had a card matters so be careful with planning to cancel his too) but otherwise you may be able to get a TD (or other bank that considers US history) credit card for yourself to both speed up your own credit history and reduce RBC's $1000 (or use some/all of the funds for your husband).

Another approach would be to look for new immigrant programs for your husband. Some banks (e.g., Scotiabank) have/had programs for new immigrants that allow them to open accouts and credit cards with benefits (e.g., no fees for first year). http://www.scotiabank.com/cda/content/0,1608,CID12961_LIDen,00.html#moneybackVISA

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eduram said:
Question about Health Care in Alberta, their web page is kinda confusing.

I´m landing on Feb 15th, what do I have to do to get health care and when does it start? I want to make sure to see if I should buy a temporary health insurance before leaving, or if as my husband´s dependent I´m automatically covered.
I think Alberta gives coverage to new immigrants immediately. However, have your husband call or e-mail them to confirm that is still the case since you are his dependent (and call twice so that he's sure you don't get conflicting info). Also, if he adds your name to the lease or bank and gets proof of your residency status, you can go apply as soon as you arrive and confirm.

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-10-2012 (PGR and SSP) 5-02-2013
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
canadiangirl78 said:
Did you have to put down security funds or whatever it is called? Someone else on the board suggested Capital One so we applied online. We should get a letter in the mail but we don't know how much we have to give them. As long as it isn't 1K like RBC! We will pay it off so don't have to worry about the interest rate but there is an annual fee of $58. However, in the US that is always negotiable. You can kind of threaten to close your account or whatever and they usually waive it. We will see. I just want to get something started on his credit report!
They did have secured ones, but they also have ones with low limits. I remember I got my first one from there at 18 and the limit was only $300 but it wasnt secured. In about a year, i was offered credit cards from other companies for $1000. I know $300 isnt a lot, but hey, hopefully they send you one!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meeshy said:
Ok, so me and my man are in need of some advice! 2 months ago we sent the police certificates, we finally got an answer back today. Regarding his child...
Heres the story,
My partner has no contact with his child. Mother has full custody and has been unwilling to cooperate with us since the beginning. Obviously, we were unable to have his daughter taken for the medical exams (even though we were paying for everything and we really wanted to do everything by the book). Another thing that complicates things is that the mother is an illegal in mexico. She has no documentation from anywhere, and therefore there are no legal documents regarding the custody of the child.

So, the embassy has asked for us to fill out a declaration which was provided and a letter explaining the circumstances which we can do, but also:

"- supporting documents such as custody agreements, court documents
- any other documentation or information which demonstrates why your dependent
cannot be examined."

Which we do not have... any thoughts?
It sounds like you still have contact with the Mother. Is there any way you can convince her to let your husband (or a third party) take his child to get a medical exam done? If so, it would be in the child's best interest in the long run to do so as it gives your husband to later sponsor him/her later on if they decide it makes sense to do so or circumstances change (e.g., something happens to the Mother). You could explain to the Mother that the child could not immigrate without her permission. The medical exam is just to have the option of eventually being able to do so if she decides it makes sense.

Otherwise, in all likelihood, the declaration involves your husband sign a document saying he wants to exclude his child from being considered a family member and he will thus not be able to sponsor the child.