Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
16-12-2012
File Transfer...
19-09-2012
moz77 said:
Thanks for your reply, muchacha. May I ask what you wrote on the case specific enquiry? Did you ask specifically about the AOR?

Congrats on your "In Process"! :)
We asked if it was acceptable to send in additional information having not yet received the AOR, which was kind of a roundabout way of asking for the AOR.

@dazz, I noticed that ecas was acting strange yesterday, so it's not just you.

OhCanadiana said:
Good news - the BF date (bring forward date) only matters if you don't send anything in. It's used to force a follow-up review/action if nothing else triggers it. Given that you've mailed them items, it becomes irrelevant and they just take action based on the documents you sent.
That's good to know!

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Who has to do RCMP?

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
bttmntl said:
Who has to do RCMP?
usually people who were in canada and had at any point gotten their fingerprints taken while inside of canada,
for any reason.

If you were in canada and never got your fingerprints taken for anything, they will usually just do an internal name search and your name wont pop up as having your prints taken, so they wont ask you for a full rcmp.

thats what happened with me and chulada anyways, both our spouses had their prints taken while inside of canada for different reasons, but never charged for anything and were asked for rcmp.

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
OhCanadiana said:
Congratulations! I am sooooo happy for you :)

I would send them a prepaid waybill soon so it's in your record when they review it (advise them it is for the PGR request letter). Consider paying for it online (or signing up for an account with a courier) and sending it as a case specific enquiry attachment to save yourself the shipping. ;)

May step 2 be just as smooth!
Thanks, OhCanadiana!

Could you (or anyone else reading this) help me understand a bit more about how the prepaid waybill works? Is it basically a prepaid courier envelope with my hubby's address on it? With the tracking info and stuff...?

He doesn't have a credit card to pay online, but perhaps I could open a Fed Ex account and arrange this for him?

How does it save the shipping? Are we sending a note plus the prepaid waybill from the internet as opposed to mailing it from our location? (In that case, they could probably print/prepare it at a location close to the Embassy and there's no real travel involved?)

Sorry for the 20,000 questions... just one more. =)

How long after the file is sent to the Embassy do they typically request the PGR? The reason I ask is my hubby needs to switch his ID to his new city before he can get the precartilla... he probably wont have the percartilla until 2.5 weeks after Citizenship and Immigration sent our file to the Embassy. I'm assuming we're fine because it takes longer for them to process stuff. Eeeeeee!

@LeisaP thanks for the RCMP info!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bttmntl said:
Thanks, OhCanadiana!

Could you (or anyone else reading this) help me understand a bit more about how the prepaid waybill works? Is it basically a prepaid courier envelope with my hubby's address on it? With the tracking info and stuff...?
Yes, it is a label that you put on the envelope that has all the info the courier needs to ship the package. So, the Embassy doesn't need to worry about inputting the address correctly or inputting payment information. They just put the items to be shipped into the right envelope, put the waybill into the plastic envelope and put it in the 'outbox' to be picked up.

bttmntl said:
He doesn't have a credit card to pay online, but perhaps I could open a Fed Ex account and arrange this for him?
He could go to FedEx, UPS or another courier and pay cash, and then mail/drop-off the waybill.

I was suggesting opening a FedEx or UPS account instead because by using an account number you can save the trip to get the waybill and, if you don't have a credit card, don't need to worry about guesstimating weight (some Embassies don't even accept prepaid waybills because they don't want 'insufficient postage' issues).

bttmntl said:
How does it save the shipping? Are we sending a note plus the prepaid waybill from the internet as opposed to mailing it from our location? (In that case, they could probably print/prepare it at a location close to the Embassy and there's no real travel involved?)
Yes. If you print the waybill and pdf it you can send it to them as a case specific enquiry attachment and save yourself having to mail the waybill to them (or drop it off) saving time and one-way shipping charges.

bttmntl said:
Sorry for the 20,000 questions... just one more. =)
No problem! Happy to help 8)

bttmntl said:
How long after the file is sent to the Embassy do they typically request the PGR? The reason I ask is my hubby needs to switch his ID to his new city before he can get the precartilla... he probably wont have the percartilla until 2.5 weeks after Citizenship and Immigration sent our file to the Embassy. I'm assuming we're fine because it takes longer for them to process stuff. Eeeeeee!
You should be fine :)

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Thanks so much for the info, OhCanadiana!

So just double checking - by sending a printed copy of the waybill to the Embassy as an "attachment" we are scanning it as a PDF and sending it by email?

If so, is there anything preventing my partner from paying for and picking it up in person, since he doesn't have a credit card, then scanning and emailing it as an attachment to the Embassy?

I find it odd that a copy like this works... but I guess all the courier needs is a barcode to scan to confirm the waybill is legit.

Have a great day =)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bttmntl said:
Thanks so much for the info, OhCanadiana!

So just double checking - by sending a printed copy of the waybill to the Embassy as an "attachment" we are scanning it as a PDF and sending it by email?

If so, is there anything preventing my partner from paying for and picking it up in person, since he doesn't have a credit card, then scanning and emailing it as an attachment to the Embassy?

I find it odd that a copy like this works... but I guess all the courier needs is a barcode to scan to confirm the waybill is legit.

Have a great day =)
If you have an account, they expect you to print it on regular paper so if you print it as a pdf you can send that to the Embassy to print without any issue.

If he pays for it in person, you may get an original you need to physically mail and he'll have to predict the weight. Also, I'd check with the Canadian Embassy in Mexico to see if they are accepting waybills that were paid for in cash (Embassies increasingly don't). If any of them paid cash, folks that did this recently may also have some insight that may help you get a sense.

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
The interview went great. Im picking up my passport at 3!!

moz77

Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
29-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2013
LANDED..........
18-04-2013
Eduram said:
Congratulations! :)

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Eduram said:
Fantastic!! Congrats Eduram!!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Eduram said:
awesome news...congrats!!!! ;D

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Another update from us: My spouse got his PR card last week in the mail! :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mc1234 said:
Another update from us: My spouse got his PR card last week in the mail! :)
Congrats!

You're done (well, until naturalization). Don't forget to keep proof of his physical presence in Canada for the next step ;)

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Yessssss @Eduram and @mc1234!!!!!!! =D =D =D